Nfln has ripped me off again

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It’s Buffalo vs Pittsburgh. So then I went to nfl plus which I paid for and no game. Yes I know the worlds worst kept secret so am watching it on East.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NFL+ can show you the games after they've concluded. I know that's not a help if you want to watch them live. (Some of the games you can see live, but I'm not sure which ones.)

Click on Scores at the bottom of the page, select the week, then select the game you want to watch. (Scroll down to get the full game watching options. The links at the top are probably highlights.)

Chuckwow

Reaction score
More options seems to mean more money spent but not necessarily user satisfaction. I'm in Seattle but NFL net (on Fubo) has blacked me out of these past couple Thursday night games regardless of where they were played. Why?

It's possible I'm missing something but I wasn't able to watch the Ms today because I don't have Peacock. I must have everything other than Peacock but couldn't watch the game without resorting to piracy. I'm new up here but shouldn't every Ms or Hawks game be broadcast on local networks to the residents of (at least) Washington state?

Torc

Reaction score
Not every game is broadcast across the state (I can't speak to the Seattle area - there's a 75 mile radius that is considered "local").

I'm in Vancouver, on the southern border of WA. Anything that is on a cable only network (ESPN, NFL Network, or Amazon prime) is typically not broadcast over the air. So that includes monday night football (on ESPN) and Thursday night football (on Amazon).

Preseason seems to have it's own broadcast rules. I wouldn't base any of your regular season expectations on that. Even the NFL+ service has totally different rules for preseason games.

NFL+ seems to be where we're headed, mostly to be able to get those MNF games and if on a given day I can't maneuver the antenna to catch it over the air. I'm assuming "local" in this case will include Seahawk games for us....I plan to find that out in the 7 day trial after the season starts. Kind of sucks the live games are only on your phone/tablet but it's better than not being able to see them.

Capture

evergreen

Reaction score
I watched on Seahawks.net on my phone. I couldn’t get it on my computer just the phone.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Just how the heck did we get to this place? Forever we dreamed of the day we'd be able to see every game, anywhere...and maybe anytime. Rockets were flying around littering the galaxy with satellites, high speed fiber was spread out, networks were battling for control of the games, streaming services battled for control of the games and the NFL has never been bigger, money flying around like leaves in the wind and finally...this is it, here we go! Only to learn that we can only watch the game on our phone. Huh?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NFL+ seems to be where we're headed, mostly to be able to get those MNF games and if on a given day I can't maneuver the antenna to catch it over the air. I'm assuming "local" in this case will include Seahawk games for us....I plan to find that out in the 7 day trial after the season starts. Kind of sucks the live games are only on your phone/tablet but it's better than not being able to see them.
Agreed. I went with NFL+ because the value was there for me compared to any of the other options. I'd rather watch on my computer than my phone, and I'd rather see the games live, but watching them on my phone immediately after they conclude (or some other time of my choosing) is a decent tradeoff.

I haven't had cable for years, so I normally watch the games in a sports bar. This gives me the option of seeing the games at home.

rcaido

Reaction score
Xfinity is bs. I can't even screen mirror my phone if I'm at another location other than my home.You pay more but get less. Got myself a fire stick now I can watch all the games. Comcast is a joke.

RedAlice

Reaction score
NFL+ can show you the games after they've concluded. I know that's not a help if you want to watch them live. (Some of the games you can see live, but I'm not sure which ones.)

Click on Scores at the bottom of the page, select the week, then select the game you want to watch. (Scroll down to get the full game watching options. The links at the top are probably highlights.)

NFL+ has all pre-season games live. All of them.

I know, as I’ve been watching them out of market for Rams, Hawks and Cards.

Pre-season games can be “cast” to a TV. Regular season cannot.

Eta: for Hawks and Cowboys I had to use live TV on YTV. But only because I live in Dallas

RedAlice

Reaction score
Just how the heck did we get to this place? Forever we dreamed of the day we'd be able to see every game, anywhere...and maybe anytime. Rockets were flying around littering the galaxy with satellites, high speed fiber was spread out, networks were battling for control of the games, streaming services battled for control of the games and the NFL has never been bigger, money flying around like leaves in the wind and finally...this is it, here we go! Only to learn that we can only watch the game on our phone. Huh?

Wrong.

We can see every game now.

On the big huge TV in your living room too.

I literally pushed one button and walla: KC and Cards preseason on the huge screen in my living room.

F’n FINALLY.

Tbf: did take me a bit to find the button. But then it was awesome.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Agreed. I went with NFL+ because the value was there for me compared to any of the other options. I'd rather watch on my computer than my phone, and I'd rather see the games live, but watching them on my phone immediately after they conclude (or some other time of my choosing) is a decent tradeoff.

I haven't had cable for years, so I normally watch the games in a sports bar. This gives me the option of seeing the games at home.

NFL+ is literally for rewatching games. It has never been for live games, this is GamePass.

I think it’s cool what we have right now for preseason games.

I adore the condensed version and the all 22 post games.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
NFL+ is literally for rewatching games. It has never been for live games, this is GamePass.

I think it’s cool what we have right now for preseason games.

I adore the condensed version and the all 22 post games.

I had nfl plus last year and would get thursday and monday plus in season market during the regular season, but they say I can watch every preseason game. In fact many, such as next weeks, are only on nfl plus.

The issue is at game time those games stay “upcoming” as in not live On nfl plus. Plus On Saturday nfln had been advertising all day that hawks were actually going to be on tv, only for them To show but/pit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They need to get these games off of the fringe networks (Peacock, ESPN+, etc etc). The Mariners game was on Peacock, had the Kraken games on ESPN+. I already pay thru the yinzer for ESPN why do I need to pay more for ESPN plus. And these companies wonder why folks use pirated links to watch games.

If comcast wants me to pay for channels like ESPN + then do not charge me for the 100 channels I don’t want, ie political and other boring shit channels.

Let me pick the stations I want ESPN, local, Root Sports, etc etc and don’t charge me for the crap I don’t want, then I’ll gladly pay for ESPN the ocho.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
In market but out of the actual range and legible path of tv antennas is the worst WHICH I AM
You dont live close enough to get radio reception and not too close to be considered out of market and you can't watch the games of your fav teams an hour n 15 minutes up the road but god forbid you want to get a ticket and drive up there and go see the actual game as it's a 2 hour drive bcuz GAME traffic and you gotta pay 50$ parking for a da%&$#@ pre season game that every season tix holder just loves to be strangleheld to pay for even though 80% don't go and 5 hours go by , $200 bucks later cuz dan%$#@! ya gotta eat and take a leak and get home n wake up n say what the heck did I do all that for when I coulda just got NFL+super premnium unlimited superkalfrajalisticexpialadociucios++++package with the prime seats and behind the scenes experience package bundled with 78 other upgrades so you could just watch ONE good g$$#@@Mseahawks preseason game
I'm gonna move about 15 miles down the road so I can get this squared the heck away
That's where I live so sometimes ya just pay what the BAS+@$&% want n say I can do this for half the time decent NON king five feed or put up a 75 ft pole and get local reception like a normal person
Yeah I pay a little more 7-8 months of the year sometimes
but i actually have 50ft. high antenna so they can test me when they want but I went through all this trouble , I'm gonna ensure I get seahawks games no matter what
It,s been worth every goshdarn cent time mn effort
Go Hawks

bileever

Reaction score
NFL+ obviously has kinks it has to iron out. I've been able to watch some preseason games live, but not others. During the regular season, you can only watch the primetime and local games live, but only on your phone or tablet. Last year, nothing seemed to work right until week 3 or so.

If you don't mind watching games after they're over (which I prefer--so I can skip the commercials), NFL+ is fine. Otherwise, it's not really great.

renofox

Reaction score
It is ridiculous.

I don't understand how an organization owned by so many successful business owners can be this backward in monetizing a distribution platform for their product.

It seems like they dgaf about either their customers or about maximizing revenue.

Makes no sense.

bileever

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the parameters of what the NFL can offer on NFL+ is restricted by the pre-existing TV contracts. Their deals with the big networks prohibit the NFL from using NFL+ to broadcast live games, except in certain situations.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This is what I've been saying. Everything is a mess when it comes to who is broadcasting what and in what region. Every week there are significant inaccuries. People who run bootleg streams sites are heros.