OBJ Question

chris98251

Reaction score
Threedee":1nxtud54 said:
Lamar Jackson throws 4 picks, and the Browns still manage to lose the game.

So it's just not the Seahawks that blow gifts.

flv

Reaction score
GemCity":1hdcd101 said:
SoulfishHawk":1hdcd101 said:

Still NO?
Any team that claimed Beckham Jr. also claimed his guaranteed contract. That would have cost the Seahawks about $8M. Seems like a waste for a team that was unlikely to make the playoffs. As per his Browns contract anything Beckham Jr. earned above minimum pay from a new team would offset against what he was already getting. If he played it was only going to be for a contender. The Seahawks weren't a contender at that time. The Seahawks will find another use for that money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This this year's Hawks team? Still NO.
But, he has been a huge factor for the Rams, and seems to be actually be growing up a little. I didn't see that coming, but that was a hell of a pick up. The Rams look like the Yankees to me. Just go get everyone and try to buy a title.
The difference is there is a SALARY CAP in the NFL. And magically, the Rams seem to be able to be above the rules.

nutluck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kxiqbky said:
But, he has been a huge factor for the Rams, and seems to be actually be growing up a little. I didn't see that coming, but that was a hell of a pick up. The Rams look like the Yankees to me. Just go get everyone and try to buy a title.
The difference is there is a SALARY CAP in the NFL. And magically, the Rams seem to be able to be above the rules.

The Salary cap is easy to push money around with. Eventually it comes due but you can push it off for many years. Like at the Saints this year, they been pushing it off trying to keep a lot of stars to get to a SB for years, this year it is coming due finally.

The rams can take a pause after this season and let the cap sort it's self out a bit. If they win the SB Whitworth is likely to retire which would then make them about 5 mil under the cap which is enough to sign their draft class easy since they have no 1st or 2nd. It would mean letting OBJ, Fuller CB, Sebastion NT, Von Miller, their starting C and RG all walk but then they would be back ready for another try in 23. Or they can push some of their contracts around and easily end up with 25 mil to play with this year and make another run.

yes there is a salary cap but it is easy to play around with for years or just take one or two slightly down years and recover. Either way if they win a SB I doubt they will care.

flv

Reaction score
nutluck":2jcbtsor said:
The Salary cap is easy to push money around with. Eventually it comes due but you can push it off for many years. Like at the Saints this year, they been pushing it off trying to keep a lot of stars to get to a SB for years, this year it is coming due finally.

The rams can take a pause after this season and let the cap sort it's self out a bit. If they win the SB Whitworth is likely to retire which would then make them about 5 mil under the cap which is enough to sign their draft class easy since they have no 1st or 2nd. It would mean letting OBJ, Fuller CB, Sebastion NT, Von Miller, their starting C and RG all walk but then they would be back ready for another try in 23. Or they can push some of their contracts around and easily end up with 25 mil to play with this year and make another run.

yes there is a salary cap but it is easy to play around with for years or just take one or two slightly down years and recover. Either way if they win a SB I doubt they will care.
The Rams have pushed about $65M of cap hits back. For context the Seahawks have pushed about $60M of cap hits back. The Rams have a lot of talent on expiring contracts. Potentially the Rams could re-sign a lot of it and go $100M behind, which is pretty much what the Packers, Saints, and Eagles have previously done. I don't think they'll do that. They're more likely to make some hard choices and re-sign just 2 or 3 or their UFAs and be $70M+ behind.

nutluck

Reaction score
flv":2qdk4abt said:
The Rams have pushed about $65M of cap hits back. For context the Seahawks have pushed about $60M of cap hits back. The Rams have a lot of talent on expiring contracts. Potentially the Rams could re-sign a lot of it and go $100M behind, which is pretty much what the Packers, Saints, and Eagles have previously done. I don't think they'll do that. They're more likely to make some hard choices and re-sign just 2 or 3 or their UFAs and be $70M+ behind.

Yeah I was only pointing out you can push the cap back for a long time if you really want to, but eventually it comes due, just ask the Saints this year. I don't think the Rams will do that. I agree with you, I think they will push a little more back sign a couple of guys then likely have to let Woods walk when his contract is up. If the win it all this year, I think they stop pushing much back, sign a couple of guys and be a average team for 2-3 years then make another push, but we will see. I do like that they was aggressive though.

Elemas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21elccnf said:

I can understand that. I was initially thinking he’d be a great #3 but…at what cost? It definitely worked out for LA but, we all know that it takes a certain dynamic at that level.

I want coming at you. Just surprised at how well he looks in LA.

Last of their concerns right now but, I can picture him going for a bigger contract next year.

Thx for the response!