Obo

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Bring him back! He's had some decent years here, knows the system, and knows the players. Thoughts?

sutz

Reaction score
I think it's a bad time of year to try to pick up a WR and make it work. I'm not so sure that Obo knows our system that well. It's been a couple of years, right?

I'm for holding out til Harvin gets back in. We have decent, if not spectacular, options already on the roster.

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
sutz":28ve7399 said:
I think it's a bad time of year to try to pick up a WR and make it work. I'm not so sure that Obo knows our system that well. It's been a couple of years, right?

I'm for holding out til Harvin gets back in. We have decent, if not spectacular, options already on the roster.

He was with us last season, but was injured most of the year. I just think it would be nice to have some insurance, you never know when someone else could go down.

kidhawk

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":3gfs8ux2 said:
sutz":3gfs8ux2 said:

He was with us last season, but was injured most of the year. I just think it would be nice to have some insurance, you never know when someone else could go down.

Listening to Baldwin on his Q&A yesterday, it seems the odds on favorite for making the roster this week is Ricardo "The Rocket" Lockette. I think whatever we do will only be temporary until Harvin is ready. Anyone who hasn't been here this season would take a week or two to get up to speed. Lockette has practiced with the team recently, so he may be up to speed for this week's game, where Obo would need a little extra time, and by then, we may well have to activate Harvin and release someone.

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I was really surprised when we brought back Lockette. His personality doesn't really fit with this team, and he's traitor. I had really high hopes for him after the end of the 2011 season. He has world class speed and the prototypical wide receiver body. I would be beyond ecstatic if he finally learns the playbook and comes into his own.

Brahn

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":1ym001gw said:
I was really surprised when we brought back Lockette. His personality doesn't really fit with this team, and he's traitor. I had really high hopes for him after the end of the 2011 season. He has world class speed and the prototypical wide receiver body. I would be beyond ecstatic if he finally learns the playbook and comes into his own.

"Sports is a business, I am loyal to the team that pays me the most"

-Kenny Powers

loyalty......how many players have we had for more than 4 years?

loyalty.......

no such thing as a traitor on the practice squad.

kidhawk

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":37dtv1nn said:

So it's a traitor when one team releases you and you decide to go "work" for another team who wants to pay you? Or in other circumstances, you're a traitor for working for the company that offers you the biggest paycheck for the same job?

I love when people think that players who play for an opposing team is a traitor, but I doubt many of them would wait for their employer to hire them back if they were laid off and offered a better paying job while they waited.

The only time I really have an issue with ex-players is when they make negative comments about their previous teams, but it's their bridge to burn if they wish

Kixkahn

Reaction score
From what I heard one of the key things about Rice was his height. Is there someone to fit that category?

TriCHawk

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":18u4v86h said:

Yeah, it's a bummer that he went to the 49ers after he was released, but it's a little harsh to call him a traitor. If I was unemployed, I'd be looking for a paycheck. Can't blame him for that.

themunn

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":1hgzc7fm said:
His personality doesn't really fit with this team,

He believes he can be the best in the league at his position. That's the core personality trait in our team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yeah... Lockette is a "traitor" is FAR too harsh. Dude's just trying to make a living. Cant get mad at that. Not like he publicly denounced the hawks or anything.

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
kidhawk":pa0q3ytf said:
THUGCAPS":pa0q3ytf said:

So it's a traitor when one team releases you and you decide to go "work" for another team who wants to pay you? Or in other circumstances, you're a traitor for working for the company that offers you the biggest paycheck for the same job?

I love when people think that players who play for an opposing team is a traitor, but I doubt many of them would wait for their employer to hire them back if they were laid off and offered a better paying job while they waited.

The only time I really have an issue with ex-players is when they make negative comments about their previous teams, but it's their bridge to burn if they wish

I wouldn't mind if he just went to the 49ers and came back, but he was living with Papaki, the worst human on planet earth! I can imagine it now. Kap so proud of his wide receiver for learning his new color coded playbook. "Here you go Ricardo, I bought you a new dolphins snapback so we can be matching at the club tomorrow night!"
Do you think i'm being completely serious? I don't care where he went, I just wanna see him contribute to the team.

Brahn

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":316e1cvd said:
kidhawk":316e1cvd said:
THUGCAPS":316e1cvd said:

I wouldn't mind if he just went to the 49ers and came back, but he was living with Papaki, the worst human on planet earth! I can imagine it now. Kap so proud of his wide receiver for learning his new color coded playbook. "Here you go Ricardo, I bought you a new dolphins snapback so we can be matching at the club tomorrow night!"
Do you think i'm being completely serious? I don't care where he went, I just wanna see him contribute to the team.

Really the worst human on the planet.................

I mean really?

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Brahn":317l5ese said:
THUGCAPS":317l5ese said:
kidhawk":317l5ese said:
THUGCAPS":317l5ese said:

Really the worst human on the planet.................

I mean really?

Try reading that again.

kidhawk

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":2qbj9hn5 said:
kidhawk":2qbj9hn5 said:
THUGCAPS":2qbj9hn5 said:

I can see the hyperbole, I just think it's a bit over the top, and there are many fans out there who think that exact thought about players who go to a rival. This isn't a new phenomenon just for Lockette.

Personally I don't think Lockette will ever be more than a guy who has great speed, but if he can make a play or two as a stop gap, or if we use him on the practice squad to help make our DB's better, I am completely fine with it.

I would definitely like to have a big receiver with amazing hands on the team to replace that ability that Rice had, but we may not be able to get that at this point. I think without that, we REALLY need to get our Oline back up to full strength so we can get Miller more involved in the offense. He can be THAT guy for us once we can release him from his blocking duties. He was probably our best pass blocking lineman last week, and that is kind of sad.

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3k65or0k said:
Isn't obo on the dolphins??

He was there for a visit yesterday, but has been a free agent since Oct 2nd - he was most recently with the Jets.

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
kidhawk":3p7lhhjc said:
THUGCAPS":3p7lhhjc said:
kidhawk":3p7lhhjc said:
THUGCAPS":3p7lhhjc said:

I can see the hyperbole, I just think it's a bit over the top, and there are many fans out there who think that exact thought about players who go to a rival. This isn't a new phenomenon just for Lockette.

Personally I don't think Lockette will ever be more than a guy who has great speed, but if he can make a play or two as a stop gap, or if we use him on the practice squad to help make our DB's better, I am completely fine with it.

I would definitely like to have a big receiver with amazing hands on the team to replace that ability that Rice had, but we may not be able to get that at this point. I think without that, we REALLY need to get our Oline back up to full strength so we can get Miller more involved in the offense. He can be THAT guy for us once we can release him from his blocking duties. He was probably our best pass blocking lineman last week, and that is kind of sad.

Do you know if Lockette has ever returned kicks? We gotta use that speed for something.