Off season talk - Green and Collier

toffee

Reaction score
Both drafted as future DE in early rounds, Collier was a late first round pick, 2020 PFF 58 with 3 sacks and 15 tackles his first real season. Green's 2020 PFF was 55.3 with 2 sacks and 6 tackles; worse than 2019 when he had 4 sacks and 14 tackles or about the same as Collier 2020.

If these two guys played better, we might not have to invest in sign FA DEs? What is their future like?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

seabowl

Reaction score
Put the two together and you get one huge bust :sarcasm_off:

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Collier appears to be moving inside with the addition of Hyder. Collier will now likely back up bother LDE and 3-tech. Will be interesting to see if his pass rush is any better inside. I still think collier has upside and his future isn’t set. Green I am beginning to wonder about.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Collier already plays inside, for the most part. In bear front, he was a pseudo-3 tech rusher, and his production should be viewed through that lens.

It's clear that he's not a world-beater, but I'm higher on him as a rotational guy than I am on Green. He has a real knack for the clutch play.

Neither guy factors at all into the signing of Dunlap, but Hyder is probably taking some of Colliers snaps, and deservedly so - Hyder is a real solid player.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Green was drafted as a project, Collier less so. At the moment, they both seem like projects.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":38pzhnnh said:
Collier already plays inside, for the most part. In bear front, he was a pseudo-3 tech rusher, and his production should be viewed through that lens.

It's clear that he's not a world-beater, but I'm higher on him as a rotational guy than I am on Green. He has a real knack for the clutch play.

Neither guy factors at all into the signing of Dunlap, but Hyder is probably taking some of Colliers snaps, and deservedly so - Hyder is a real solid player.

I can see Collier beginning to put it together. He made some great plays for us last year, now just needs to up the consistency level. Seemed to me he did most of his damage on the inside. But comparing him to Hyder doesn't work. I think we're talking about two different levels of athlete.
Greene will have to really step up his production to make a believer out of me. I have yet to see Taylor play in the pros but I have more hope in him than I can muster for Greene.

Hanjag

Reaction score
Green had a decent 2019 4 sacks as a rotational player is decent enough. He was injured part of the year last year so regressed a bit but is still a rotational guy.

Collier was persona non grata in 2019 and showed up a bit in 2020. He was a 1st round pick and had some positives in the scouting report. One of them was special 1st step quickness. You know if he develops just a little bit he could be something more than a rotational piece. We have him for 2 more years on the rookie deal and it might be pleasing enough just to have a starter level play from him and his near 3M/year 1st round contract.

Any production we can get out of them will help replace what was a decent pass-rushing tackle we had in Jarren Reed. It really sucks looking at 5M we are paying him to play for KC. What would good production from Green and Collier look like? I would be pretty happy if they were able to give you a handful of sacks and TFL each. Something like 4 sacks a piece from the interior isn't Donald level but would be helpful still the same.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Both of these players have underperformed, but there were reasons. Collier had a zero rookie season b/c of injury. However, he played adequately last season and seemed to get a lot better after Dunlap arrived. Green had a mostly invisible rookie season was better year two but then has not shown that well since. He seemed to be tentative as he played but is very young and was reportedly in need of getting in a strength program, he has his moments though. Both are outside/in type 5 tech DEs with some abilities to rush from the inside, I'm uncertain about Green's future with the team if his game doesn't pick up it's now a contract year for him, but Collier has some real ability inside and may in due course prove out to be a reasonable rotational 5 tech. Neither has lived up to their respective draft position.