Okay, that's it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
knownone":1b57ztyy said:
Is this serious? If you came away from this game thinking Schotty was the problem... I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Agreed.

Not saying Schotty isnt a problem, but it wasn't really the main problem today.

Plenty of other issues that took center stage before playcalling.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawkpower":346w7hyu said:
knownone":346w7hyu said:
Is this serious? If you came away from this game thinking Schotty was the problem... I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Yes.

He was a pretty big problem today. We called low percentage, stupid plays in key situations.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Year in and year out it’s frustrating having to watch Russell take over because the coaching staff’s gameplan doesn’t work for 2+ quarters. I thought last week was the turning point, jettisoning run first to beat a susceptible quick pass defense. Today was another one that should have changed quickly and instead they kept forcing a bad gameplan til late in the third. And at that point it’s a multi-touchdown deficit.

DHawk

Reaction score
Trying to pin this completely on the offensive play calls seems a bit much in my opinion. I don't disagree that Wilson and the offense is held back at times, but did you not watch the whole game today? Seattle sucked in almost every phase of the game. Seattle wasn't tackling for shit today. Carson's fumble and slips for negative yards and a TD for the Saints D. A penalty for lining up over center(you had one job!). Seattle spotted them 3 TD's on a lack of fundamental's. The fact that the game ended 27 - 33 is amazing to me.

Its a good discussion to have, don't get me wrong. But this game was trash on every level and I think our offense wasn't the worst part.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1lo59gas said:
knownone":1lo59gas said:

Agreed.

20-7 at half time against an extremely conservative saints team missing a HOF QB. How many horizontal passes and unsuccessful runs did we see outside of the one quick hitting TD drive? The game script sucked. Russell was on fire again but his stats should have been spread out better instead of 80% in the fourth.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2vayynbd said:
hawks85":2vayynbd said:
GeekHawk":2vayynbd said:
I was pretty much the first to call for bevel's firing because I knew from the start he was hot garbage. I've held off for 1 season + 3 games from making judgement on Schotzenhammer, but that's it. He needs to go.
This is all Pete. Schotty wants to open up the offense but Pete is a stubborn old bastard. Pete needs to call it quits. Pete is applying old school football in a era where it won't work. I've heard Pete and Schotty have had many disagreements about the offense and where it should go etc...
Source on the disagreement?

Probably his same source as the Ramsey stuff. Somebody told him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DHawk":3ulvfm6f said:
Trying to pin this completely on the offensive play calls seems a bit much in my opinion. I don't disagree that Wilson and the offense is held back at times, but did you not watch the whole game today? Seattle sucked in almost every phase of the game. Seattle wasn't tackling for shit today. Carson's fumble and slips for negative yards and a TD for the Saints D. A penalty for lining up over center(you had one job!). Seattle spotted them 3 TD's on a lack of fundamental's. The fact that the game ended 27 - 33 is amazing to me.

Its a good discussion to have, don't get me wrong. But this game was trash on every level and I think our offense wasn't the worst part.
Half of the points came in garbage time. The offensive playcalling was definitely one of the problems today.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2izos3iw said:
Hawkpower":2izos3iw said:
knownone":2izos3iw said:

Yes.

He was a pretty big problem today. We called low percentage, stupid plays in key situations.

Well yes. But then again dont we always? :D

There were other more potentially troubling signs that seem more worthy of immediate conversation, that's all. We can talk about strange stupid play calls (as can pretty much every losing team) any week.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
It does not matter who the OC is. It could even be an empty headset.

The product on the field will be the same.

This is Pete's offense.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Horse shit.

Teams gave up 14.

Russ missed throws.

Carson fumbled yet again and lost his footing 3 or 4 times, on two of which he had some green.

LTH

Reaction score
GeekHawk":19b32eg2 said:
I was pretty much the first to call for bevel's firing because I knew from the start he was hot garbage. I've held off for 1 season + 3 games from making judgement on Schotzenhammer, but that's it. He needs to go.

LMAO!!!!! Ok then....

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
I understand the play calls, Carson is a between the tackles runner and they were setting up for that, the passes to the Backs in the flat were meant to stretch them out, and it worked except Carson had ball protection problems, they started putting in Procise and he not a between the tackle runner, no lean and no power.

justafan

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3oz2j3w0 said:
justafan":3oz2j3w0 said:
GeekHawk":3oz2j3w0 said:
I'm pretty sure that all of us (at least, the rational ones) understand that when RW3 is calling plays the offense clicks. Which automatically means that the dude normally calling plays (and the offense doesn't click) is shit.

When does he call plays? We dont even know how often he audibles

Don't be obtuse. It's obvious to the most casual observer that RW3 audibles late in games when we're behind. And that it always works to a treat.

You dont anything about the audibles or how they work on the seahawks unless you are in the meetings. Thats nothing but BS try to pass it off as knowledge.

mistaowen

Reaction score
justafan":2zr6ceb5 said:
GeekHawk":2zr6ceb5 said:
justafan":2zr6ceb5 said:
GeekHawk":2zr6ceb5 said:
I'm pretty sure that all of us (at least, the rational ones) understand that when RW3 is calling plays the offense clicks. Which automatically means that the dude normally calling plays (and the offense doesn't click) is shit.

Don't be obtuse. It's obvious to the most casual observer that RW3 audibles late in games when we're behind. And that it always works to a treat.

You dont anything about the audibles or how they work on the seahawks unless you are in the meetings. Thats nothing but BS try to pass it off as knowledge.

Oh It's very obvious when Russell chooses plays.

John63

Reaction score
nanomoz":ynxolt0f said:
Horse shit.

Teams gave up 14.

Russ missed throws.

Carson fumbled yet again and lost his footing 3 or 4 times, on two of which he had some green.

Ahh so the coaches get a pass and you want to blame Wilson who xom9leted 64+% of his passes, over 4p0 yards, 2 tds another 59 rushing and 2 tds. Yeah right, what game did you watch? The plat calling and design for most of the game was awful and it was all the PC show.

John63

Reaction score
justafan":88ofead0 said:
GeekHawk":88ofead0 said:
justafan":88ofead0 said:
GeekHawk":88ofead0 said:

Well except Huard and other who would know say the same thing

justafan

Reaction score
John63":27whh6nx said:
justafan":27whh6nx said:
GeekHawk":27whh6nx said:
justafan":27whh6nx said:

Well except Huard and other who would know say the same thing

But nobody here is even close to having Huards experience and football knowledge

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DHawk":mbxsh8qd said:

Finally, a post in this thread that addresses the WHOLE of the problems....Folks don't want Schotts to dial up so many Run plays....Payton says here Pete & Schotty, watch how giving Kamara a shitload of carries can exhaust a Defense, and then observe how well the League's #1 Receiver can get SO WIDE OPEN on your Secondary.
NO's Special Teams is no joke either.....The TWO YARD LINE.....TWICE!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?1?!