OL

QWERTY

Reaction score
What happened to the Seahawks OL?

I thought the Hawks Upgraded their OL from last season.

Currently it's Brown, Lewis, Fuller, Jackson and Shell. Not sure if it's Cable or not but Oakland's OL is a lot better than Seattle, after trading Rodney and Jackson. Also, Richie Incognito has been out the first 3 weeks and more. Maybe Tom Cable is a good OL coach.

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks are good at 3 spots, and bad to terrible at 2 spots. C & LG.

LT Duane Brown - has played well.
LG Damien Lewis - can't pass pro to save his life. May never being good in pass pro. Something to monitor.
OC Kyle Fuller - should not be on the field, one of the worst starters in the NFL.
RG Gabe Jackson - has looked very solid to me, and at times dominant.
RT Have already had 3 players at this spot, but I really like Jake Curhan. Shell looked good before getting hurt.

seabowl

Reaction score
Fade":14otpbpx said:
The Seahawks are good at 3 spots, and bad to terrible at 2 spots. C & LG.

LT Duane Brown - has played well.
LG Damien Lewis - can't pass pro to save his life. May never being good in pass pro. Something to monitor.
OC Kyle Fuller - should not be on the field, one of the worst starters in the NFL.
RG Gabe Jackson - has looked very solid to me, and at times dominant.
RT Have already had 3 players at this spot, but I really like Jake Curhan. Shell looked good before getting hurt.

Agree with all you say but Brown. He absolutely sucked yesterday. Was getting beat like a drum and just looked slow. Dude should have shut his mouth and not asked for more $ because IMO he better be great now that they gave him more guaranteed $ but again he looked like hot garbage.

LT was a position we should have drafted high over the last 2 years but because they didn't I think the Hawks are screwed next year.

keasley45

Reaction score
Don't think its that simple. I think it's two weeks in a row now that at least Brown has been livid about presnap shifts not being called correctly to pick up rushers.

There's a lot about this game that you can't tell by just watching a play unfold.

Either way, there have been some pretty egregious failures. But I attribute it less to talent (C could be better) and more to the unit not working together the way it should.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":1xw1ls4k said:

Whats the alternative? Would have been nice to have Creed Humphrey right now, but lord knows how important that 3rd WR spot was.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":5ze4awyh said:
Fade":5ze4awyh said:

Whats the alternative? Would have been nice to have Creed Humphrey right now, but lord knows how important that 3rd WR spot was.

He'd be just as much of a luxury pick as any non-defender, using the benefit of hindsight. He also had a pretty terrible week 2 - Kyle Fuller level shit. Might wanna hold off on that victory lap for a bit.

People did the same thing with Patrick Queen and he's been beyond dogshit

Fade

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2j3o044z said:
Fade":2j3o044z said:

The guy they claimed off of waivers from the Niners, Dakota Shepley, I think can be pretty good, I'm hoping they can work him in by the Pittsburgh game if not sooner.

I was torn on the draft on which way to go. Everytime Lockett has gotten hurt the offense has gone into the tank, so I was cool with going after a WR, especially after so many rookie WRs have had success early in the NFL recently.

They screwed up by not getting Corely Linsley who would've fit like a glove, or trade for Rodney Hudson, ie a veteren Center. The Seahawks chose to stand pat for some reason.

AgentDib

Reaction score
keasley45":3d6djukc said:
Don't think its that simple. I think it's two weeks in a row now that at least Brown has been livid about presnap shifts not being called correctly to pick up rushers.

There's a lot about this game that you can't tell by just watching a play unfold.

Either way, there have been some pretty egregious failures. But I attribute it less to talent (C could be better) and more to the unit not working together the way it should.
It does seem like the issue has been at least partly due to lack of coordination when you consider how varied the effectiveness has been. For example, Lewis was dominant in pass protection against the Titans and borderline bad in pass protection yesterday.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3vtnl63u said:
Fade":3vtnl63u said:

I agree 100%.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":2i268ag6 said:
pittpnthrs":2i268ag6 said:
Fade":2i268ag6 said:

The guy they claimed off of waivers from the Niners, Dakota Shepley, I think can be pretty good, I'm hoping they can work him in by the Pittsburgh game if not sooner.

I was torn on the draft on which way to go. Everytime Lockett has gotten hurt the offense has gone into the tank, so I was cool with going after a WR, especially after so many rookie WRs have had success early in the NFL recently.

They screwed up by not getting Corely Linsley who would've fit like a glove, or trade for Rodney Hudson, ie a veteren Center. The Seahawks chose to stand pat for some reason.

I agree about Linsley. I was actually confused when they didnt pursue him.

Eskridge can still pan out of course, but I was bitter they didnt even try to upgrade the center position. Its a real issue.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
keasley45":y8zhlnvo said:

Is that the center's job to make that call?