Our Savior Stone Forsythe

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Today is Stone Forsythe's birthday. Happy birthday Stone!

That being said, with Uncle Will put on IR, will we be seeing more 6 offensive linemen sets with Stone substituting as an extra blocker?

Seattle used George Fant the same way before he left for the Jets, and this weekend it comes full circle as both he and Duane Brown play against their old team.

Back on topic to Stone Forsythe. Will utilizing this young man help the running game? Will he be the answer this team desperately needs to clear running lanes for K9? Could he help give this line an extra push up front, and open up some play action chunk plays for Geno?

Is Stone Forsythe our savior?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
stone forsythe is the worst run blocking lineman we have. and that's saying something.

my guess is we don't bother with 3 TE sets the rest of the year. shall see

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad they brought back Hollister, but he's not much of a blocker. Losing Dis is huge, it's basically like losing an O Lineman. He has always been a great blocker, and was at UW. I haven't seen anything from Forsythe that makes me think he's that great. Hope to be wrong about that.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Forsythe is nothing close to George Fant.
Fact.
Fant was a first round pick by a team drafting for need. He will continue to get better and better for us and is a multi talented top shelf addition to our roster.
Forsythe is depth, which can prove to be a savior for all teams. See Purdy for the 9ers last year.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Fact.
Fant was a first round pick by a team drafting for need. He will continue to get better and better for us and is a multi talented top shelf addition to our roster.
Forsythe is depth, which can prove to be a savior for all teams. See Purdy for the 9ers last year.

George Fant was a first round pick?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Fact.
Are we confusing George Fant (2016 UDFA O-lineman signed by Hawks) with Noah Fant (2019 1st Round draft pick selected by DEN)?

nanomoz

Reaction score
If they're going to use a 6th/eligible lineman, I hope it's Greg Eiland. I think he'll beat Stone out for a roster spot. He's more versatile and looks a lot more aggressive.

Jville

Reaction score
If they're going to use a 6th/eligible lineman, I hope it's Greg Eiland. I think he'll beat Stone out for a roster spot. He's more versatile and looks a lot more aggressive.

He certainly added useful strength and weight over the off season. Played both left guard early on and finished out at right tackle.