Pick #81 - G Christian Haynes

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I am not convinced Poles made the right pick at #75. I have more doubts about Davis at RG than about Jones at LT. If Haynes becomes a solid starting guard for the Seahawks while Poles guy never develops into more than a swing tackle, then JS beat Poles again in 3rd round (as he did with Lucas). On the flip side, he could have missed on a LT who will be better than Cross. I don’t know, but I will be curious to find out.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In the glory days of our runs to the Superb owl, we had O lines that would chew up the Niners. It was shocking that they dismantled it a piece at a time. Hate on Dallas all you want, but they have the same cap to work under, but they had maybe the best O line in the NFL for years, and rebuilt it to today, where it is just top tier. While Seattle fell apart, along with the O line.
We had Bowie and Bailey, cheap rookies who sucked at pass-pro, but were big-bodied maulers in the run game. And Sweezy, a converted DT. Yes, they moved bodies in the run game, and Russell was at his peak elusiveness to escape pass rushes to make up for crappy protection. Plus the ever-present threat of Lynch kept the pass rushers honest.

PC/JS strategy those years was to save money on a cheap O-Line so they could spend the money on defensive talent.

seabowl

Reaction score
He reminds me of Rob Sims former Seahawks OL.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Some tape and comments on Christian Haynes: