Owners approve of 17 game season

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkinNY":gz4twz7d said:
Get rid of Thursday games then. Players hate those games. They barley have enough time to recover from their Sunday games. They act like they care about the athletes health. But they prove otherwise. Have a 18 games season. But gotta get away from Thursday games. Fans want to see their best players not get hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be curious how much they hate them? It's almost like a mini by once your finished with it. I don't know why they just didn't add a second bye week into the schedule and play your Thrusday Night game coming back from a bye.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Man, I wonder if any RB is going to reach that historic 2,125 yard milestone this year?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3isxonth said:
Man, I wonder if any RB is going to reach that historic 2,125 yard milestone this year?
That is another story but did you know OJ did 2k in a 14 game season
in 1973?
17 games will really pad those stats up for all :pukeface:

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1lr26e90 said:
Seanhawk":1lr26e90 said:
That is another story but did you know OJ did 2k in a 14 game season
in 1973?
17 games will really pad those stats up for all :pukeface:

Jim Brown is still shaking his head.

Jville

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder about the impact of an extended schedule and expanded travel on team priorities. Considerations such as skills trade offs, durability, persistence and such.

It will be of interest to detect separation between teams as to how well they adapt to an extended schedule. There are those that believe that teams in recent years have already faltered because of injuries during stretch runs and going into playoff / elimination games.

Things they are a changing.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
My only real complaint with the 17th game is they didn't add a 2nd bye week. It would be nice for guys that suffered from early season injuries to have 2 extra weeks to recover before the playoffs. And with the extra wear and tear from An extra game, having that extra week off would help a lot. Plus, that means the season lasts another week, which means more revenue. Fans get more football, players get more rest, owners get more money. Win win win.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ivotuk":2rlqpm5a said:
Sgt. Largent":2rlqpm5a said:
Did any player or fan want another game?

I feel like this was rammed down everyone's throats by the owners, when most fans and players either don't care, or didn't want another game.

The players voted to allow it. They shouldn't be whining all of a sudden because they got an increase in their share of the total revenue. That's what they agreed to.

It's silly for the players to want to drop OTAs and training camps. Didn't they see all the soft tissue injuries that happened last year? If they don't practice hitting in a game setting, they're going to get blown up, and lose a year or 2 off their career from their bodies not being in shape.

SoulfishHawk":2rlqpm5a said:
This right here ^
I can't fathom feeling bad for the players. Cry me a river.

Fans are the ones usually asking players (and not owners) to take less money, so the pro-owner mindset is also hilarious.

The Players Association is all politics. The association could vote 51-49% one way and it doesn’t matter. If certain players are sucking up to owners or have more political control, the others will fall in line.

The other alternative to players not agreeing to this would be a lockout. For starters, you would need the majority of players to agree (which is tough). Second, players would lose money. Third, fans would blame players more than owners. Because to many fans, players shouldn’t behave like capitalist shark like business men. They should take a pay cut and just be happy to get paid millions. As if it’s not a business.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And who said anything about pro owner? I certainly didn't. I'm not gonna' feel bad for millionaire's and billionaire's.
Go Hawks

Latest posts