Passed 18 times in the final half

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
to just 5 run plays.

With a lead. 6 of those were Drew Lock's passes. 4 were on the final drive, as was one of the rushing attempts.

EDIT:

Remove the final drive, and the split is 14/4 pass/run. What the hell is going through the guys mind?

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Waldron just can't help himself. Wants to play hero ball on 3rd and short.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Waldron needs to be fired. Has to happen. The offense goes multiple quarters EVERY GAME looking like they don’t know it’s a football game. Night and day watching McVay scheme guys open routinely against a much better defense in Seattle. Worst 3rd down offense in the league, cannot score TD’s in the red zone. Change has to happen.

Bills just fired a solid OC who very likely was getting HC looks after this year if Josh Allen doesn’t continue to lead the league in turnovers.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Pete says in interviews they want to be a "balanced" team.

Either Pete is lying or there is a disconnect with the OC.

Perhaps Walker being out had something to do with it, but it's clearly a trend over multiple games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Perhaps Walker being out had something to do with it, but it's clearly a trend over multiple games.
Pete says a lot of things that are just blah blah blah blah. Then, he doesn't do MANY of the things he CLAIMS he wants to do.

ccla

Reaction score
You know, maybe take a look at his situation. He got a cushy job (I know that is a lot of work being a coach, but how damn hard can it be to do the same crap year in and out, with no changes) where he has all of the power? All the seats at the stadium are completely filled every single game. Why should he change what he does? Obviously ownership is happy with the product, so he has no reason to change.

James in PA

Reaction score
Trying to get an hc job
This is it. Seriously. A lot of the coordinators want to show the world what geniuses they are and how they're the next hot thing. Let's have an ice cold off the bench Drew Lock throw a deep ball immediately. Waldron is such an ass hat!

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I think what's happening is that he doesn't want to shit all over his OC in public statements, which is correct. Never invite criticism by acknowledging discord to the media. That'd be insane.

But the gameplanned plays are much more in line with what we're built to run, and everything else follows the same general framework that leads us to offensive hell. The balanced comments are definitely Pete's public version of criticism for how the offense is being called.

getnasty

Reaction score
We really didn't run the ball well at all. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't have ran it more but it's not like we were gashing them on the ground.

The biggest problem is giving up negative plays. Sacks and Penalties in the second half leaves you in spots where you have to throw.

I thought the Rams rolled coverage up and brought safeties up to stop the run and the short passing game. We took a couple of deep shots to DK and TL with 1x1 coverage and just never connected. Reminded me of what the Ravens did to us too.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
to just 5 run plays.

With a lead. 6 of those were Drew Lock's passes. 4 were on the final drive, as was one of the rushing attempts.

EDIT:

Remove the final drive, and the split is 14/4 pass/run. What the hell is going through the guys mind?
And shut out in the second half - AGAIN - how many times is that this year?

Teams adjust to the Offense, and we do absolutely NOTHING to save ourselves. NOTHING.

renofox

Reaction score
to just 5 run plays.

EDIT:

Serious Q: Do you think this is mostly due to Waldron calling primary pass with audible to run, or is Waldron calling primary run and Geno is often alerting to pass?

Geno has lots of motivation (escalators) to increase his passing stats.

I don't know, but I find it difficult to buy into any OC going so pass heavy with a late lead while the running game is kinda working. That would be a special kind of stupid. Not saying Waldron isn't special, but there may be an alternate explanation.