Who said this year is a team rebuild ?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Bears D will be much better than ours. Seahawks offense is marginally better. Bears are poorly coached, but we have inexperienced guys too. I think the Bears finish like two games better.
2 games better than their record last year or 2 games better than the hawks?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Was it Jody ? Was it JS ? Was it Macdonald ? Was it fans predicting a losing season ; and making excuses ahead of time ?
Who said what....I forget ? The team that the Hawks put on the field in Sept.. should be a finished product without flimsy excuses win or lose .
10-6, is my prediction and a defense that goes from 29th or 30th to somewhere is the mid-teens 15th? They will go from soft, stupid and inept to hard nosed, smart and much better at stopping the run and tackling.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
bwahahahahahah . OMG thank you for that. you have that reversed bears will win 6 games.
Hahaha, indeed. Bears won more than 6 last year, and are stronger this year with several upgrades on offense. We did vote on Bears forum. Nobody expecting less than 10 wins. Bears play Seahawks this year.

evergreen

Reaction score
Bears optimism must be high after that incredible draft.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears optimism must be high after that incredible draft.
Bears fans haven’t been this optimistic in a long time. We are so lucky that the Panthers owner is an idiot and the Texans won their last game in 2023 with a miracle scoring drive and a 2 pt. conversion.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Superbowl games are Shanahan's kryptonite
I'd narrow it down to Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are Shanahan's Kryptonite. Shanahan's part in the 28-3 debacle had too many co-conspirators to pin the whole thing on him. Now, I am looking forward to adding MikeMac to that Kryptonite list.

NoGain

Reaction score
Bears fans haven’t been this optimistic in a long time. We are so lucky that the Panthers owner is an idiot and the Texans won their last game in 2023 with a miracle scoring drive and a 2 pt. conversion.
Something's got to go wrong with their QB situation. Already I'm thinking that Daniels will have turned out to be the far better choice. The Bears are cursed at the QB position.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Something's got to go wrong with their QB situation. Already I'm thinking that Daniels will have turned out to be the far better choice. The Bears are cursed at the QB position.
Bears fans have 50+ years of PTSD over QBs. I have lived through all of them. I am optimistic but nervous. I can’t wait to see what this offense looks like with Shane Waldron, Caleb, Bates, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Bears D will be much better than ours. Seahawks offense is marginally better. Bears are poorly coached, but we have inexperienced guys too. I think the Bears finish like two games better.
so two rookies are pushing them over the top? 1is a mental midget at qb and the other is from a school that has two other #9 pick wr in the last 20 years. Kn oh w what those two did? No guarantee either are great in year 1. Or even ever.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears have a very young roster. Give them a year to develop and work together. The talent is there. By 2025, I would expect this team will be strong contenders to win the division. Could come in 2024, but it’s probably going to take more time.

NoGain

Reaction score
Bears have a very young roster. Give them a year to develop and work together. The talent is there. By 2025, I would expect this team will be strong contenders to win the division. Could come in 2024, but it’s probably going to take more time.
That's going to be a tough division the next few seasons. Lions ain't going anywhere. Packers on the rise. Minnesota could be good if a few things fall their way. Bears might have a difficult time staying out of the cellar next year.

NoGain

Reaction score
Bears fans have 50+ years of PTSD over QBs. I have lived through all of them. I am optimistic but nervous. I can’t wait to see what this offense looks like with Shane Waldron, Caleb, Bates, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added.
Isn't it more like 70 years?

Rat

Reaction score
so two rookies are pushing them over the top? 1is a mental midget at qb and the other is from a school that has two other #9 pick wr in the last 20 years. Kn oh w what those two did? No guarantee either are great in year 1. Or even ever.
Reggie Williams and John Ross have zero to do with Odunze. Helmet scouting is lame. Texans fans sure appreciate their GM not doing that last year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Being optimistic while having Shane Waldron running the offense seems very oxymoronic to me. We've experienced the "Waldron magic" in Seattle. It leaves a lot to be desired.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Being optimistic while having Shane Waldron running the offense seems very oxymoronic to me. We've experienced the "Waldron magic" in Seattle. It leaves a lot to be desired.
My only big complaint was his predictable, unimaginative red zone offense (ranked 26th). Having said that, he is a VAST improvement over the OC the Bears fired to bring in Waldron. Trust me, I watched all Bears and Seahawks games. Getsy called 4,765,632 screen passes.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Isn't it more like 70 years?
Yeah, I could have said my whole life! It is an embarrassing fact that the Bears are the only NFL team to never have a QB throw 30+ TDs in a season. That’s why we all suffer PTSD every time we draft a QB.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Growing pains. It should be expected.

I could easily see them getting off to a slow start initially. But by the 2nd half of the season is when I think things will start to click. Year two under this new staff is when I expect them to make a jump. This team will eventually be a contender. But there will be some growing pains in year one. You'd be foolish to think otherwise.

It took nearly half a season for Macdonald to get things turned around in Baltimore. The defense struggled early on in his first year as the DC.

You have built a solid foundation with guys like Murphy, Leonard, Boye & Chenna upfront. Spoon, Riq & JLove on the backend. But it's not going to fully click overnight. Fans will have to remain patient.

Last edited: