Please list the teams that would trade

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Their BACKUP QB for Geno Smith. I went through a few rosters and didn’t find one.

I’m sure some will glom on to a stat or two and extrapolate out greatness and HoF for him but we are not winning with him. Period. He elevates no one to being a better player. Usually backups like he has been have some backup receivers they have practiced a lot with and you see them hookup a lot in these games because of familiarity. We don’t even see that.

its sad and it was PETES CHOICE not to sign or draft or trade for someone better. Idiot.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Their BACKUP QB for Geno Smith. I went through a few rosters and didn’t find one.

I’m sure some will glom on to a stat or two and extrapolate out greatness and HoF for him but we are not winning with him. Period. He elevates no one to being a better player. Usually backups like he has been have some backup receivers they have practiced a lot with and you see them hookup a lot in these games because of familiarity. We don’t even see that.

its sad and it was PETES CHOICE not to sign or draft or trade for someone better. Idiot.
I don't believe an XFL team would trade for him. I'm positive zero teams would trade for him. No one even signed while he was available during offseason. Unfortunately, one did and here's where we are.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maybe the Cowboys?

Otherwise, I think you'll find that the talent gap from 32 to 64 is basically nothing. That's the thing. If you don't have an established guy, you're probably not going to find much of anything better elsewhere. Backups are backups.

I don't think Geno would necessarily do worse than the vast majority of number 2s. I think he CAN do better than most of them, but mostly due to familiarity.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem is Pete is loyal to a ridiculous fault. Look no further than Cable, KNJ, Bevell, etc...He sees that for whatever reason, the locker room digs him. So there's the death nil. Petey will no more disrupt player chemistry than he would 100% disengage from meddling in OC/DC affairs.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Nobody would trade for Geno. He sat for a long time unsigned in free agency. There was no competition, nobody looking to sign him. The Seahawks were the only suitor.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

You're exaggerating his fandom greatly. He's easily the most hated quarterback the Seahawks have had in a while, and even the more optimistic posters here have the teams ceiling this year at .500 if they're very lucky.

This contingent of defenders you're railing against is completely fabricated. I'm Geno's biggest defender and I think he's a 20th out of 32 on his good days, and a contender for the worst starter in the league on his bad days.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Answer = zero.

LOL, trade for “Geno three and out” ???

Trade what? As if that might happen. We’d need to trade a high draft pick to get a bottom level player. Suspect it is going to be a long season.

He was truly revealed last night and we now know he just truly sucks. Before tonight there was some vague semblance of doubt, but he showed himself tonight.

All doubts have been removed. He’s not even a genuinely capable back up and the WRS allowed to play for sure didn’t help much help him much with their drops.

Last edited: