Poll: Pick #5, Who do you want?

CactusJack

Reaction score
He's a way better bet than Richardson.
He's not.

Fwiw I've watched a ton of film on both.

Levis is the oldest of the four QB's & still has legitimate issues in his game to fix. His pocket awareness is poor for someone with his experience. He regressed this past year, when most guys get better. Bad Turnover worthy plays have always been an issue with him. Partly because the game seems to be too fast for him at times. Which will only get worse in the NFL.

Richardson is still extremely green. Only 13 starts under his belt. But he showed legit signs of improvement. Is a far better athlete with more tools & is two years younger than Levis.

People will make the supporting cast excuse for Levis, but Richardson didn't have a good supporting cast himself.

Richardson's upside far surpasses Levis & it isn't close.

I typically have a good feel for QB's coming out & honestly, I just don't see it with Levis. He's simply not worth taking with a top 5 pick. I feel very confident in saying that the team that drafts him will be making a mistake.

The team that drafts Richardson will have to be patient with him. But teams can utilize his running ability from day one. Asking AR to follow a Justin Fields/Jalen Hurts like path isn't too much to ask from him. Richardson already has better throwing mechanics than Fields. He just lacks the experience. Knowing how to read coverages & what to look for. As well as cleaning up his footwork.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We were all screaming to fix our DL after the end of the season. And unless Young, Anderson or Stroud is there at 5 (they won't be) I won't be upset if we land Carter. There was a time not so long ago we would have all done backflips over him. Valid issues have surfaced since, no question, but if he's there, I think he's worth the risk.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DJ's latest mock draft here is worth paying attention to. Not because he's always right, but because he is the most plugged in of the analysts and gets leaked information every year.

Interesting tidbits
- Bryce Young going #1. Another sign to me that the Panthers are taking their time to make the decision and haven't settled on a guy yet. Still probably Stroud due to the connections discussed but that's a projection not a certainty.

- Seahawks taking Jalen Carter at #5. This doesn't necessarily mean that he is on our board as historically we haven't leaked information. It does mean that DJ is probably hearing from other teams that Carter is still high on their boards despite the pro day fiasco.

- Nolan Smith to Jets at #13. Stock continues to rise as it should (my opinion).

- Addison 2nd receiver off the board to the Seahawks at #20. Lackluster combine not scaring some teams away from Addison due to his really good tape. Three slot WRs going off the board before Johnston indicating how slot WR continues to grow in importance in modern NFL.

- Will Levis falling to #19, Hendon Hooker rising to #23. Seems like DJ is hearing from some teams that there is really a top 3 at QB (1/2/4) and then a next tier with two QBs (19/23) in it.

- Joe Tippman as first center taken to Giants at #25. Tippmann hasn't done anything since the end of the season to cause his stock to rise. Wasn't a senior, didn't work out at combine, but his stock keeps steadily rising every week anyway. That's a sign that guys like DJ are talking to teams and hearing that the mock community had him way too low initially. He's gone from the 4th round to the 3rd round to the 2nd round and now the 1st round.

- QJ falling to the Bills at #27 but with the following tagline: "Opinions vary quite a bit from team to team when it comes to the wide receivers in this year’s class." I don't doubt that this is true, and DJ is hearing a very different set of WR rankings depending on who he talks to.

GLio14

Reaction score
Unless we're getting Bryce Young, I don't want a quarterback. Richardson is way too raw for my liking. Athletic freak, but I've watched him with Florida... very underwhelming.

Give me a defensive lineman. I want Anderson, and if not, I'm OK with Wilson. Carter is a red flag with everything going on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's not.

Levis is the oldest of the four QB's & still has legitimate issues in his game to fix. His pocket awareness is poor for someone with his experience. He regressed this past year, when most guys get better. Bad Turnover worthy plays have always been an issue with him. Partly because the game seems to be too fast for him at times. Which will only get worse in the NFL.

Richardson is still extremely green. Only 13 starts under his belt. But he showed legit signs of improvement. Is a far better athlete with more tools & is two years younger than Levis.

People will make the supporting cast excuse for Levis, but Richardson didn't have a good supporting cast himself.

I typically have a good feel for QB's coming out & honestly, I just don't see it with Levis. He's simply not worth taking with a top 5 pick. I feel very confident in saying that the team that drafts him will be making a mistake.

The team that drafts Richardson will have to be patient with him. But teams can utilize his running ability from day one. Asking AR to follow a Justin Fields/Jalen Hurts like path isn't too much to ask from him. Richardson already has better throwing mechanics than Fields. He just lacks the experience. Knowing how to read coverages & what to look for. As well as cleaning up his footwork.

As much as I'm wow'd by all of Richardson's measurables, his accuracy is absolutely atrocious.

I mean, like ranked 100th in the country in most accuracy statistics last year.

Doesn't mean in the right system under the right coach he can't drastically improve. But damn man is that a HUGE gamble at 5 hoping your super athletic QB can not only grasp your complicated NFL offensive schemes, how to read complicated NFL defenses AND drastically improve his accuracy.

That's not something college QB's improve overnight, so Richardson not getting 3-4 years of college experience to fine tune his accuracy means that will need to happen in the pros......and that's not a good recipe for success usually. It means YEARS of development.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree. One of the smartest posts I've read recently.

I still think they should go after Henry if he's available - but I totally agree with what you're laying down here. We're looking for a RB like Henry. I've said we need a hammer at RB, not a dancer. And I love your trading down to pick 2 - an heir and a spare ;)

And these people that are talking 'bout a 3rd down RB that can catch. Nope. Want the hammer. We can fiddle around with the TE sets for a close passing game.
if its any consolation this rb class is loaded with exactly those types of backs. It is a great draft to grab a #2 to Walker who can be a big contributor

AgentDib

Reaction score
Kurt Warner just released his excellent two part QB series covering Anthony Richardson. Highly recommended viewing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Based on my very vivid, lucid dream, I think the Seahawks are selecting Carter at 5. If not, for whatever reason, I don't see us picking Richardson there. Could be Wilson or (gasp!) if John doesn't like what they are seeing there, once again they draft down to grab more picks.

Chevy

Reaction score
Kurt Warner just released his excellent two part QB series covering Anthony Richardson. Highly recommended viewing.

Good video. Thanks for the link.

I'm seeing a lot of newbies here in the draft forum the last couple of weeks, bringing up prospects that we have already discussed the last five or so months...most of which are overrated. Or they are dismissing prospects like Richardson.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
He's not.

And we have Greg Olsen as QB coach, Geno as role model, when he can afford it, he can even hire ex-Russell Wilson personal QB coach to help him out.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
6'6 270lb Tyree Wilson. Dude. This kid is a monster.
Coming off a broken foot this past year to me, is not worth risking the fifth pick on. Additionally, he mostly just bulrushes and that won’t suffice in the NFL. I won hundred percent would take Carter as this guy will solidify the line for many many years. yes he’s young and stupid but you have veterans there to coach him along.