Rank the top 5 players (in order) you hope the Hawks select at #5

massari

Reaction score
Just curious who most of you have on your top 5 draft boards if you're making the pick at #5 without a trade down.

1. QB Bryce Young
2. QB CJ Stroud
3. QB Anthony Richardson
4. QB Will Levis
5. OLB Will Anderson

Last edited:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Stroud
Levis
Richardson
Young

No Carter for me, but fine with Anderson if he tests well.

James in PA

Reaction score
1 Richardson
2 Carter
3 Anderson
4 Levis
5 Stroud

Worth noting: I really like Young and think he can be a great QB. I'm just kind of done with short QB's after RW. If he would fall to 5 though, I'd have no problem taking him.

James in PA

Reaction score
Jalen Carter
Will Anderson
If these two are not available at #5, I will trade down, unless I have to draft a QB.
Gotta disagree. As I said in another thread, IMO there are about 5-6 players in this draft worthy of a top 5 pick. We are lucky to have a top 5 pick and won't be in this position again. I wouldn't mess around by trading down. Quality over quantity. We already have two firsts and two seconds.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Jalen Carter
Will Anderson
If these two are not available at #5, I will trade down, unless I have to draft a QB.
But then who after Carter and Anderson? Curious what your top 5 draft board looks like in order.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Jalen Carter
Will Anderson
I believe this is the right answer, but it won’t happen unless the Cards trade down. Otherwise, Bears and Cards take Anderson/Carter. If there is a trade down to #7 or #9, take the top defensive lineman still on the Seahawks board.

nanomoz

Reaction score
1) Levis
2) Stroud
3) Richardson
4) Anderson
5) Mayer (he looks like an immediate all-pro to me)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
1: Will Anderson
2: Jalen Carter

Realistically, that's where my board ends. I'd be absolutely slamming the table with both fists to trade the hell out of there if those two are gone.

For the sake of the post, though:

3: Jordan Addison. Seattle has one of the most expensive wide receiver duos in the league, and one of them is on the wrong side of 30 with a lot of wear and tear. You need an heir apparent to Lockett, and fast. Plus, WR3 has been hurting for YEARS - having 3 good-to-great targets is essentially a prerequisite for a championship offense.

4: Devon Witherspoon (corner, Illinois). It's not going to happen, but I guess it's theoretically possible. Yes, they've never drafter a "corner" above round 3, much less round 1... except they kinda did, in 2010. John Schneider publicly said that Earl Thomas was the best cornerback in the draft in 2010 and was "comparable to Eric Berry" at safety. I think that, if they're really backed into a corner at 5 (pun intended) and can't trade out, maybe they just go BPA. Devon flies off the tape and plays with big attitude. But this is what I'd do, not what they'd do. Devon it is.

5: Tyree Wilson. I question his fit and I question how good he'll actually end up being, and think he's probably being overdrafted (I'd be down later in the first, but at 5 it's a tough sell for me). But, I mean, being at 5 with Carter/Anderson gone and no option to trade down is a rough place to be, so.. yeah.

3 through 5 are all super close for me. If the top 2 defenders are off the board, all bets are off (as well as forcing need picks). Just go with the highest grade on the board.

I don't think this is the year for a quarterback. This was a 9-8 team last year, and the most severe deficiencies were absolutely not in the quarterback room, which was a shocking development. As a matter of principle, the roster needs to be improved before the team goes blowing its most valuable asset on heir apparents that likely won't get a snap in 2023.

toffee

Reaction score
But then who after Carter and Anderson? Curious what your top 5 draft board looks like in order.
Other than Carter and Anderson, I am very intrigued by Calijah Kancey. I believe most will think drafting Kancey between 9th-12th would be a reach, but I am willing to take that risk. On PFF's simulator, I have traded down numerous time from #5 to #10 and gotten 1st and 2nd in 2024, so we will have two picks in first and second round next year, lol, we might have enough trade capital to move to top 3 if not #1.

This is one of the Mocks:

Pff mock results 53

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
1) Will Anderson
2a) Bryce Young
2b) CJ Stroud
4) No one/trade down
5) No one trade farther down

I could change my mind 24 hours from now or less.

gmor

Reaction score
Just curious who most of you have on your top 5 draft boards if you're making the pick at #5 without a trade down.

1. QB Bryce Young
2. QB CJ Stroud
3. QB Anthony Richardson
4. QB Will Levis
5. DL Jalen Carter

edit: sry meant to post in the draft forum
Stroud
Young
Carter
Anderson
Trade

Kinger95

Reaction score
there’s 24 teams with a better defence than us. It’s so bad that we could improve our offence with new linemen /qbs /wrs/rbs and even if we post more ppg we are still gonna get beat easily in the playoffs. We have a top 10 offense with geno I don’t really see the risk being worth it taking a young qb in the draft with there being such a small chance of him being better than geno year 1 plus having an abysmal D makes it’s a easy decision for me at least. Heck we can franchise geno and take a qb next draft once we have a better D

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
there’s 24 teams with a better defence than us. It’s so bad that we could improve our offence with new linemen /qbs /wrs/rbs and even if we post more ppg we are still gonna get beat easily in the playoffs. We have a top 10 offense with geno I don’t really see the risk being worth it taking a young qb in the draft with there being such a small chance of him being better than geno year 1 plus having an abysmal D makes it’s a easy decision for me at least. Heck we can franchise geno and take a qb next draft once we have a better D
A problem with waiting to draft a QB once they have a better D is they won't have a top 5 or 10, or maybe even top 20 pick to get a top QB prospect, and there aren't any can't miss pass rushers this year like Bosa, Garrett, Quinnen Williams ect.

I'd rather sign a Daron Payne/Hargrave/DreMont Jones ect + an ILB (or two), and take a chance on finding a superstar QB on a rookie contract instead of settling for a 34 year old $30M+ Derek Carr level QB in Geno. There're even stats to suggest Geno should've led the NFL in INTs, so there's a possibility we see a drop off from him in 2023.

They still have plenty of draft capital to add defenders after pick #5

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Stroud
Levis
Richardson
Anderson
Trade Down, emphasizing the need for future high picks to get a future QB. No other players are worth a top-5 pick. The potential of the remaining "top" DL players is near enough equal down the board to ~pick 20.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think Anderson is a fine player and will go far as a pro, but we donn't need another OLB . We have Nwoso 9.5 sacks Taylor 9.5 sacks Mafe and Robinsons. Theres just no room for Anderson, he is a luxury we can't afford.

1. Stroud
2.Tyree Wilson
3. Carter
4 Robinsons RB
5. Mayer

Last edited:

Latest posts