• Russell Wilson ( God Forbid)

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Tre Flowers

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Ethan Pocic

• Rashaad Penny

• D'Wayne Eskridge (Because thats how .NET is)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Jason Myers

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Someone Else, list and discuss

• Total voters

ivotuk

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, Bobby Wagner.

They keep paid him and his age is going to slow him down. He's still a physical specimen, but the long season is going to take is toll if they don't rest him more.

His value from here on out it's going to be his smarts, his ability to get his team mates in the correct position, and to pass his knowledge on to the young pups.

Put Ben Burr-Kervin and Cody Barton in there more. Pete and Ken have been bringing them along, give them some playing time. Especially when the team gets ahead.

Where Bobby's real going to earn his money will be late in the season, preserving home field advantage, and making those critical plays that get us playoff wins. But up until then, he'll be the dot net Whipping Boy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems pretty simple. Russ has by far got the most criticism, hate or whatever you want to call it.
Oh well, that's part of being a QB I guess. Though I get the feeling a LOT of other fanbases would appreciate the guy a lot more than the "12s" do.......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but IMO the most frustrating player in 2021 is going to be Adams.

He's about to get paid on a monster extension, but is coming off two injuries which usually lead to more injuries...especially with the style and aggressiveness in which he plays.

That means he's gonna get the "over paid waste of two first rounders" weekly threads once he's back on the IR or weekly injury report.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28gnx8zu said:
I hate to say it, but IMO the most frustrating player in 2021 is going to be Adams.

He's about to get paid on a monster extension, but is coming off two injuries which usually lead to more injuries...especially with the style and aggressiveness in which he plays.

That means he's gonna get the "over paid waste of two first rounders" weekly threads once he's back on the IR or weekly injury report.

Oh man I hope not but this is very logical.
And it would be frustrating

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1dtpm95n said:
Sgt. Largent":1dtpm95n said:

Oh man I hope not but this is very logical.
And it would be frustrating

Of course I hope I'm not right. But that's the life cycle of players like Adams, like Derwin James, Kam Chancellor, etc. they just don't have a long shelf life with the recklessness and ferocity in which they play.

I'm still glad we made the trade, we suck at drafting in the 1st round. But I fully expect Adams to miss 4-5 games a season through his next contract.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Wilson's media team did a horrible job this offseason. The stories they leaked to were supposed to make the Seahawks look bad, but in the end, made Wilson and the Seahawks look bad.

With that in mind, every Wilson performance in 2021 will be gone over with a fine-tooth comb looking for reasons to hate.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, but plenty have already decided long ago they just plain don't like the guy, and never will.
Whatever gets you thru the day. He can play better, and I suspect he will.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sdog1981":3qcyvvqu said:
Wilson's media team did a horrible job this offseason. The stories they leaked to were supposed to make the Seahawks look bad, but in the end, made Wilson and the Seahawks look bad.

With that in mind, every Wilson performance in 2021 will be gone over with a fine-tooth comb looking for reasons to hate.

Wilson did a horrible job this off season, not his media team.

No reason to go public with what he said, as with Rodgers it's never going to go well for you in the court of public opinion.

Athletes think they're sympathetic people, and they're not. No one feels sorry for the working conditions of guys who make 35M a year and are married to actresses and super models.

rcaido

Reaction score
If Homer makes the team, it will be Homer. Im hoping Flowers makes a good bounce back.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34eyr4e7 said:
pittpnthrs":34eyr4e7 said:
Maelstrom787":34eyr4e7 said:
Pocic could have an all-pro season and he'd still be the whipping boy. Posters do little more than regurgitate the narrative they hear first.

Not trying to start anything, but why do you take up for him? Its a position that should and could have easily been upgraded.

He's a mid-tier (16-20th range) center who gets an undue amount of criticism for offensive struggles, similar to Ifedi.

He plays nearly every snap, and people already have a negative view of him, therefore I think he'll get the most hate whenever the offense does badly due to existing confirmation bias. That's all.

I see we view the Oline differently and thats fine. Pocic might very well be mid-tier, but why not upgrade the position? It would have been easy to do. In my opinion its a position of concern that Pete didnt address even after Russ asked him to upgrade the line (Wilson asked for an Oline upgrade, not just a left guard upgrade). This is why there are issues in Seattle between Wilson and the FO.

Also, Ifedi was awful. Cant understand why your taking up for him either. How many drives were killed due to him?

hoxrox

Reaction score
A few points on Pocic -

When Russ was cooking at MVP level, games 1-6, Pocic was the starting center and played fine.

Pocic struggled after coming back from a concussion. Plus Aaron Donald makes a lot of centers look bad.

Still, it's an assumption to think one of the rookie centers in the draft, with zero starts, would be a immediate upgrade over Pocic.

Finally, it was Pocic's first year starting. He could still improve this year with more experience.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s sad that anything short of mindless adoration of RW is considered “hate”. He is a great QB and top 5ish in the league at his position. That does not mean he is perfect and above reproach or discussion. I rarely see anyone truly hating on RW but see a lot more over reaction by those responding to any criticism of his play. He isn’t perfect. He has bad games. He misses reads. He bails on plays too fast at times. Do I hate him. Not at all.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1ygq2kan said:
It’s sad that anything short of mindless adoration of RW is considered “hate”. He is a great QB and top 5ish in the league at his position. That does not mean he is perfect and above reproach or discussion. I rarely see anyone truly hating on RW but see a lot more over reaction by those responding to any criticism of his play. He isn’t perfect. He has bad games. He misses reads. He bails on plays too fast at times. Do I hate him. Not at all.

Then you really have not been paying attention. None here says he is perfect and doe snto make mistakes. However, there are some on hear who blame him for things that he has nothing to do with, example someone on here said it was his fault when the defense was struggling. There was a poll were a large portion said we would have been better off with ever having Wilson. .There some who have flat out said they don't like his short " insert racial slur" A$$. Now alot of those types have been deleted but does not change the fact it was said. There are some who have said they want the hawks to win but Wilson to play bad. Now as I said some have been removed, some moved to smack shack, etc But it was said.

Then for me the biggest sign of hate. there are ALOT who say nothing about nothing until Wilson makes mistake then they jump on it, and no matter how well he plays from that point on all they care about is that 1 mistake. That is hate.

I disliked Alexander, but on another forum everyone as just ragging him so bad alot of which was not even right hat I found myself defending him. Despite what something I find myself doing it here with Wilson. I did not come on here to defend Wilson. But when some many constantly rag on him, make crap up it is my nature to defend them. I did the same thing with Kearse who I was not a huge fan of and many other players. example someone in this thread said something about Wilson asking for oline help. he did not say that, he said he is tired of getting hit, alot of things go into getting hit and the only player or position he called out was himself. So yes there is a lot of hate with regards to Wilson some easy to see, some more covert but it is there.

Rat

Reaction score
I could see Collier getting exceptional hate if the defense as a whole struggles this year. Not saying he wouldn't deserve it, but a third straight underwhelming season from a first-round pick, and I think those who still have some patience left lose it. He'd be a representation of the system failing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1fbb7p3y said:
Maelstrom787":1fbb7p3y said:
pittpnthrs":1fbb7p3y said:
Maelstrom787":1fbb7p3y said:
Pocic could have an all-pro season and he'd still be the whipping boy. Posters do little more than regurgitate the narrative they hear first.

Not trying to start anything, but why do you take up for him? Its a position that should and could have easily been upgraded.

He's a mid-tier (16-20th range) center who gets an undue amount of criticism for offensive struggles, similar to Ifedi.

He plays nearly every snap, and people already have a negative view of him, therefore I think he'll get the most hate whenever the offense does badly due to existing confirmation bias. That's all.

I see we view the Oline differently and thats fine. Pocic might very well be mid-tier, but why not upgrade the position? It would have been easy to do. In my opinion its a position of concern that Pete didnt address even after Russ asked him to upgrade the line (Wilson asked for an Oline upgrade, not just a left guard upgrade). This is why there are issues in Seattle between Wilson and the FO.

Also, Ifedi was awful. Cant understand why your taking up for him either. How many drives were killed due to him?

Ifedi was certainly a below average tackle. I'm not really sticking up for these players so much as I am saying that I think the level of blame they receive(d) as individuals for the overall struggles of the team was more than their actual effect on the result was.

Ifedi isn't my ideal starting RT and I'm glad he's gone, as his welcome wore out in Seattle (but the Bears did make a great decision signing him for so cheap, he's better than his near-minimum contract was last year. Change of scenery can do wonders.). Thing is, I think regardless of who was at RT, the line would've looked kinda crappy on pass sets. It's just a product of the Seahawks offense of the era. Ifedi was much hated, though, and received a lot of blame for the offense struggling that I think he didn't deserve all of.

Pocic, I'm optimistic he'll improve with a huge upgrade at guard next to him and finally getting a real offseason playing his natural position, but if he doesn't show improvement, I think he'll be gone too - and rightfully so. He's clearly the question mark on the line. This has a chance to be a really great unit, and if Pocic reveals himself to be the bottleneck, they'll need to go after a center. Duane Brown isn't getting any younger, and we don't know if Stone has what it takes to be the heir apparent.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Also, all you people voting Jason Myers are complete jerks. Don't put that evil on the team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":14y8w50i said:
I could see Collier getting exceptional hate if the defense as a whole struggles this year. Not saying he wouldn't deserve it, but a third straight underwhelming season from a first-round pick, and I think those who still have some patience left lose it. He'd be a representation of the system failing.

I like what he brings from the 3T in bear. He's not going to live up to expectations because people are going to expect 12 sacks from him because he's labeled as a "DE," but he plays only a minority of his snaps outside. He badly needs to develop a modicum of consistency, and he's a year behind with injury wasting his rookie year, but he's shown an ability to shoot gaps at times and also a big knack for the clutch play.

In the end, I don't think he'll ever be seen as a good pick, but I think he's going to carve out a solid career.

toffee

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2tgj6icy said:

You are talking about Saint Russell the Faultless? He suffered so much under that anti-Christ Pete Carroll, who systemically kept Russell from obtaining his well deserved league MVPs and Super Bowl rings. If you are on dot net long enough, you shall be educated on the evilness of Pete, and how poor Russell suffered under his spell.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":337agse3 said:
sdog1981":337agse3 said:

Wilson did a horrible job this off season, not his media team.

No reason to go public with what he said, as with Rodgers it's never going to go well for you in the court of public opinion.

Athletes think they're sympathetic people, and they're not. No one feels sorry for the working conditions of guys who make 35M a year and are married to actresses and super models.
This! :2thumbs:

Latest posts