• Maybe

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No way Chawkers off his meds again.

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fade

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner wouldn't fetch as much as some would think in a trade due to salary and age.

I would jump all over this. However, I don't think Carolina would have much interest in this trade.

The Jets, Jags, or a contender that has cap space and a hole at ILB would be the interested parties.

Due to age/salary I surmise Wagner is only worth a 3rd round pick. His reputation/name might bump it to a late 2nd.

The Seahawks need to redistribute their LB & Safety assets to O-Line and D-Line, and they need to get back into this draft.

Bobby Wagner is going to be cut next year, if he isn't traded this year with his bloated $20M cap number in 2022.

The is a very realistic trade proposal, good job Chawker.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Bobby is clearly worth a first & second, Seattle would pay it because the position is vital in the defense. Raiders & Jets would pay it too if they don’t and they continue to have crappy defenses the GM & Coaches will get fired!

Fred Warner is worth 2 good round 1 picks and so is Roquan Smith!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
The best way to preserve Bobby is to fix 3 tech. L.J. Collier is a good start for passing downs and Jarren Reed is the culprit because he’s too inconsistent! Brooks helps a lot his pro day was a high 4.4! Brooks is built to be Bobby’s replacement but his speed at Will is helping Bobby a lot.

If we draft Tulsa’s Zavin Collins in round 1 to replace KJ we could extend Bobby’s career. Cody Barton is a perfect back up for Bobby and in zone coverage almost as good.

toffee

Reaction score
Bobby with his $20m cap in '22, he needs to be cut next year. Since we are trading Russ this off season, may as well trade Bobby this year too.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":datud9t0 said:
Bobby with his $20m cap in '22, he needs to be cut next year. Since we are trading Russ this off season, may as well trade Bobby this year too.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

So what 20 million is nothing when RW & BW are the only 2 high risk expensive contracts. If they trade RW Seattle will be number 1 in cap space. If Bobby goes down for an extended period of time in 2021 that’s when you consider cutting him.

The only reason we should trade Bobby is we have a “sure thing” replacement for him. Cody Barton can probably handle zone pass coverage & most of the 3rd down schemes right now and Brooks can probably handle 1st down & second down right now but that would make us thin at LB & Special teams. Maybe Brooks is ready to go right now but what are we going to do about Will LB? BBK can play WILL but he’s too small to be a long term starter.

There is one possibility setting a side a RW trade. Detriot Lions 1st round pick #21 Jared Davis is hitting Free Agency, he’s expected to get paid because folks around the league believe he didn’t get the right coaching in Detriot.

LB’s do most of the tackling in Pete’s defense, skimping on LB’s & Safeties in Carroll’s defense is a no no.