POLL: Who Still Believes?

Do You Still Believe?

• Hell yes!! I will always believe in my team no matter what!

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Conditionally speaking, sure. If they can beat the 9ers and/or Eagles that is.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Mmmmmm, nope.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's no doubt most if not all of us are vastly disappointed with how this season has turned out so far. The Doom and Gloom is strong here.

Even with a loss this Sunday (sorry, most likely), who here still genuinely believes in this team righting the proverbial ship?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Not this season. Way too many holes on the roster, but more importantly and most concerning is I have zero confidence in the coaching staff.

I'm all for being optimistic but the end has come. The Empire has fallen.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Not this season. Way too many holes on the roster, but more importantly and most concerning is I have zero confidence in the coaching staff.

I'm all for being optimistic but the end has come. The Empire has fallen.
This. Reluctantly. Is dawning on me.

That light at the end of the tunnel is a train. It's got a 49ers logo on it.

I agree with the coaching staff comment. Seems like where the problem is. As Aros has mentioned, and I've said a handfull of times - it's just criminal what we had and what we pissed away.

The thing that pisses me off about this season is just the lack of fire in the belly in the coaches. Loss after loss, and we don't just get coach word salad - but Pete's come out straight up after a couple of losses and said: "We played a good game!." I've called him on it everytime I've seen it - but it's just a bizzaro world statement to make. Like what ******* planet are you on?

No accountability. Coaches gotta go, and I have to reluctantly include Pete in that. Throwing a phone or whatever instead of a challenge flag is one thing - but celebrating losses, NO discipline on the team (Adams latest on the twitter thing anyone?), and not holding either the OC or DC accountable for horseshit calling. Unacceptable.

FFS - that's just broken.

<rant off>

Aircrew

Reaction score
This. Reluctantly. Is dawning on me.

That light at the end of the tunnel is a train. It's got a 49ers logo on it.

I agree with the coaching staff comment. Seems like where the problem is. As Aros has mentioned, and I've said a handfull of times - it's just criminal what we had and what we pissed away.

The thing that pisses me off about this season is just the lack of fire in the belly in the coaches. Loss after loss, and we don't just get coach word salad - but Pete's come out straight up after a couple of losses and said: "We played a good game!." I've called him on it everytime I've seen it - but it's just a bizzaro world statement to make. Like what ******* planet are you on?

No accountability. Coaches gotta go, and I have to reluctantly include Pete in that. Throwing a phone or whatever instead of a challenge flag is one thing - but celebrating losses, NO discipline on the team (Adams latest on the twitter thing anyone?), and not holding either the OC or DC accountable for horseshit calling. Unacceptable.

FFS - that's just broken.

<rant off>
Couldn't have said it better myself.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
The season is too short and the off-season too long not to be hopeful and believe in an epic comeback… Will the Seahawks beat SF49ers? Odds are they won’t. But, what if they do?…

PhxPhin

Reaction score
The season is too short and the off-season too long not to be hopeful and believe in an epic comeback… Will the Seahawks beat SF49ers? Odds are they won’t. But, what if they do?…
Yep.

I thought this season had a lot of variables that could land it from solidly average to pretty good. I didn't see a surefire contender.

I think they are underperforming their performance - basically consistency, the timing of breakdowns and penalties, etc.

The "when" for these tips games that are on a razor margin

Structurally, the are things I like and don't. The defense being so afraid of getting beaten for a big game is content to give up long, game crushing drives. They way they do it isn't conducive to a big play for them.

Pass coverage is weak all up the middle, but it's love to see the CBs be able to play more aggressive.

Get more creative in how pressure is sent.

Don't expect Bobby to hold up shifty slot receivers in space

On the offense, I'd love more TE, it's i actually advocate to try a couple bubble out motion screens to DK - let JSN clear a defender, then Bobo, a TE and releasing lineman try to create space for him to get a couple strides in.

It's nice seeing JSN growing into the offense, but it feels the running approach is growing out. Very little threat side from trying to just hit between the Ts

So I'm hopeful in that there are things they can clean up and be very competitive with what they have, but we are getting deep into the season and it's not done yet

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This team is a shadow of last years team and that's dating given all the draft capital they had. No confidence in this coaching staff anymore. And I've been a big Pete fan for a long time.

Right now the Wilson trade looks like a push. In year two, both teams are no better or worse off than immediately prior to the trade. We are still in cap hell, we have a mediocre aging QB with no replacement in sight, and we still can't play defense in the modern NFL.

renofox

Reaction score
This team is a shadow of last years team and that's dating given all the draft capital they had. No confidence in this coaching staff anymore. And I've been a big Pete fan for a long time.

Right now the Wilson trade looks like a push. In year two, both teams are no better or worse off than immediately prior to the trade. We are still in cap hell, we have a mediocre aging QB with no replacement in sight, and we still can't play defense in the modern NFL.
Great point. Lots of extra draft picks and, according to most, PCJS absolutely nailed rwo drafts in a row.

Combine that with all the cap $ freed up from the QB position and this reset/reload/rebuild (depending on who's talking) should have led to substantial improvement. Where is it?

The load has been blown and future cap and picks sacrificed - and this is what we have to show for it?

Two people win equal lotteries. Check on them in a few years and one has set his family and decendents up with generational wealth and a high standard of living. The other is bankrupt and living in a tent and shitting on the sidewalk. PCJS seem much closer to the latter than the former.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Am I still a fan? Yes.
Do I believe the 'Hawks are heading in the right direction? No.
And that starts with ownership, then flows downhill from there.
I've always said that the perpetually bad NFL teams have perpetually bad ownership. The 'Hawks aren't perpetually bad yet, but are trending down rather than up.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I picked " conditional yes" but upon further review.

No , I don't think they can get there and if by miracle they did , they'll be bounced
Quickly by a better team. Seattle is a middling/average team in every sense.
Inconsistent, no heart , guys that are more than willing to take weeks off .
Great teams have players that refuse to
give in. These guys are comfortable.

I remember an interview with Michael Irvin and he said something like
" You didn't want to lose with Jimmy Johnson as your coach , he made you real uncomfortable, made you feel bad.
One time on the plane on the way home from a game we lost , he wouldn't even feed the team"

Petey Pete? Hahaha GTFOH 🤣

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Great point. Lots of extra draft picks and, according to most, PCJS absolutely nailed rwo drafts in a row.

Combine that with all the cap $ freed up from the QB position and this reset/reload/rebuild (depending on who's talking) should have led to substantial improvement. Where is it?

The load has been blown and future cap and picks sacrificed - and this is what we have to show for it?

Two people win equal lotteries. Check on them in a few years and one has set his family and decendents up with generational wealth and a high standard of living. The other is bankrupt and living in a tent and shitting on the sidewalk. PCJS seem much closer to the latter than the former.
We've developed some good talent. Cross and Lucas are at least very good pass blockers, Boye Mafe is turning into a force. Witherspoon and Woolen have panned out very nicely, KW3 is obviously a good back. In addition to these guys we have a few depth players such as Bradford that has shown something, and JSN/Bobo also look like they're going to be solid contributors in the future.

The last few drafts have been pretty dang good. We've certainly turned it around from the awful drafts we've been having. JSN, Witherspoon, Woolen, and Mafe are strong building blocks. Tre Brown is also looking decent this year and Brooks is also looking to turn a corner. On paper our defense should be a lot better than it is.

Personally, I feel this roster is underperforming its talent level.

When I look at the Seahawks both offensively and defensively I see a ton of issues with the coaching. I think our handling of Geno Smith is a great example here. I've noticed that Geno is a guy that needs to develop a tempo. He's actually a lot like Matt Hasselbeck in this regard. He can't just come out there and sling it like Wilson. Geno seems to operate best in a controlled setting that is utilizing short passing game with timing passes. Smith definitely can chuck it deep too, but he needs that ramp up time and he needs to build that confidence early in the game. This is just one such example of coaching deficiencies costing us.

Something that I can't seem to shake with Carroll, is I feel like he's trying to rush another Super Bowl run. Trades for players like Graham, Adams, Richardson and now Williams have really cost the Seahawks a lot in the long term. Richardson was just a one year rental for an absurdly high rate, Williams now potentially in that conversation. I get that we want to win another championship, but in many cases these players seemed like bandaids for even bigger systemic issues.

Carroll represents purgatory at this point in his career. I love the man for what he brought to Seattle, but that spark he brought has long since left. The story of this season could just as easily been many other seasons since our SB run. The team has felt flat for a long while now no matter who we bring in. We haven't been true competitors in a long while.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I've been a rabid Seattle Seahawks fan for 45 years. Always will be.

That said, being a fan has meant I've watched a lot of football over my lifetime.

It's clear that both the Niners and the Eagles are next level when compared to the Seahawks. They are deeper, better coached, more balanced, and have dynamic playmakers at multiple skill positions both offensively and defensively. I think the Niners with a healthy Deebo are close to unbeatable.

It would take fortunate officiating and an uncharacteristically poor and turnover prone game by the Niners and/or Eagles to beat either of these teams. Tha's what I'll be rooting for this Sunday and next, but make no mistake, they both are better, more complete football teams by a healthy margin.

knownone

Reaction score
The team is pretty much who I thought they were going into the season. I still believe they are in that Dallas/Detroit tier of teams below the Niners and Eagles. Unfortunately, the results haven't gone their way in the 50/50 games, and injuries at crucial moments have really hurt them.

I'm excited about the Niners game—the last one occurred at the worst possible time. The Seahawks probably won't win. But they will put on a better performance.

Jac

Reaction score
I've been a rabid Seattle Seahawks fan for 45 years. Always will be.

That said, being a fan has meant I've watched a lot of football over my lifetime.

It's clear that both the Niners and the Eagles are next level when compared to the Seahawks. They are deeper, better coached, more balanced, and have dynamic playmakers at multiple skill positions both offensively and defensively. I think the Niners with a healthy Deebo are close to unbeatable.

It would take fortunate officiating and an uncharacteristically poor and turnover prone game by the Niners and/or Eagles to beat either of these teams. Tha's what I'll be rooting for this Sunday and next, but make no mistake, they both are better, more complete football teams by a healthy margin.
I don't think that the 49ers or Eagles have superior roster talent over Seattle...and that's the frustration. They're better coached, they're better schemed, they make adjustments, etc. Coaching is the problem on this team, and it has been for a long time. In fact, the talent on this team has been good enough over the years to overcome the coaching. Just because Carroll won our only SB a decade ago, some people still give him a lifetime pass.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Vietnam era Vet here, NO Quit Then, NO Quit Now!
Life's too short to be constantly shrouded in Negativity.
$hit doesn't always work out to my liking, but hey, I'm not going to let the pi$$ing & moaning change ME.
I hope it's okay I say this here, but thank you for your service.