Possible trade: Zach Ertz to Seattle?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3lbv7p5s said:
I like your thinking on this Orange. Personally I think he's an overpriced has been who spends far too much time recently in the trainer's rooms.

Cmon Jammerhawk it’s &4.7 Million if Philly can find a trade partner! But why would anyone pay $4.7 Million to Ertz?
Philly wants to trade him because a cut will result in dead cap $$ from 2022 & 2023 to be moved to 2021.

Philly is trying to convince someone Ertz is worth $4.7, if he was a trade would have happened by now. Why would Seattle trade for a guy that’s not worth $4.7 million? They wouldn’t unless Philly is making it worth while to Seattle.

What does Seattle need? Draft picks & Offensive Lineman!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Ertz would be an upgrade to Dissley and Hollister. We paid $7m for Olsen. Ertz for less than $5m seems like a deal. He missed some time in 2020 but othwrwise has played in 14 or more games all his other seasons. I would consider moving on from Hollister and seeingt what Parkison can do as a 3rd TE for much cheaper. Our new OC would be happy to have a weapon like Ertz.

Own The West

Reaction score
We don't need another move TE. Our QB can't see the short middle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2oobau5v said:
jammerhawk":2oobau5v said:
I like your thinking on this Orange. Personally I think he's an overpriced has been who spends far too much time recently in the trainer's rooms.

Cmon Jammerhawk it’s &4.7 Million if Philly can find a trade partner! But why would anyone pay $4.7 Million to Ertz?
Philly wants to trade him because a cut will result in dead cap $$ from 2022 & 2023 to be moved to 2021.

Philly is trying to convince someone Ertz is worth $4.7, if he was a trade would have happened by now. Why would Seattle trade for a guy that’s not worth $4.7 million? They wouldn’t unless Philly is making it worth while to Seattle.

What does Seattle need? Draft picks & Offensive Lineman!

It depends on what the consideration is for the trade as to whether this would be worth it. Ertz WAS a good TE, a few seasons ago, but has been rather ineffective recently being often injured. If he's healthy it could be worth it, but if not then a hard pass for me. The team significantly overpaid for Olsen who once again was injured for a good portion of the year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wonder if this package would work.

Philadelphia receives:
DT Jarran Reed
WR David Moore
Seattle 2022 4th Round Pick (from Jets)

Seattle receives:
TE Zach Ertz
OT Andre Dillard

I'd be willing to throw Jamarco Jones in instead of Moore if they wanted him instead. Dillard has been rumored to be on the block before.

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kz8ij66 said:

Philadelphia receives:
DT Jarran Reed
WR David Moore

Seattle receives:
TE Zach Ertz
OT Andre Dillard

I'd be willing to throw Jamarco Jones in instead of Moore if they wanted him instead. Dillard has been rumored to be on the block before.

Moore is a UFA I believe, so you would have to.

Philly wouldn't accept this trade because they are trying to dump salary not take on more. They would have no interest in Jarran Reed for that reason. Philly is currently $47M over the cap.

You're on the right track though. The Seahawks do need to trade Reed, save some cap space and add picks to the few they have in 2021.

I wouldn't trade for Ertz. He will be cut.

Seattle needs to stop overpaying for JAGs.

chris98251

Reaction score
We do not need him, did just fine last season without Olsen playing given how they used the TE last season, Parkinson and Wilson with Dissly and Hollister will work. If we use pass catching more then blocking it still will work.

There is better use of resources then for trading for a don't need.

Those saying we need Vet, Dissley and Wilson are Vets..................So is Hollister and now Parkinson.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":1pzhfb2s said:
Maelstrom787":1pzhfb2s said:

Philadelphia receives:
DT Jarran Reed
WR David Moore

Seattle receives:
TE Zach Ertz
OT Andre Dillard

Moore is a UFA I believe, so you would have to.

Philly wouldn't accept this trade because they are trying to dump salary not take on more. They would have no interest in Jarran Reed for that reason. Philly is currently $47M over the cap.

You're on the right track though. The Seahawks do need to trade Reed, save some cap space and add picks to the few they have in 2021.

I wouldn't trade for Ertz. He will be cut.

Seattle needs to stop overpaying for JAGs.

Good catch. Not sure why I was thinking Moore had one more year. Derp.

My thinking was that they'd be trying to move Fletcher Cox sometime during this offseason, and providing them a replacement in Reed helps them fill the hole with around 12 or 13 million in net cap savings, plus whatever Ertz saves them.

Mostly I just wanna get rid of Reed to clear the way for Mone/Lattimore/a roster filler, and Dillard excites me as a buy-low option that could end up flourishing depending on how familiar Waldron's scheme looks compared to what it'd be expected to look like.