Predict the pick- Seahawks 1st pick is...

HawkGA

Reaction score
seabowl":2ma0sylk said:
Really surprised how many of you want and expect the Hawks to take a rb first. At the start of last year or even before Penny got hurt (he I believe went out before Carson) how many would have predicted or wanted a rb then?

Amazing how quickly things change.

I'm surprised by this too. I really hope it doesn't happen. Not that I think they shouldn't pick up a RB this year, but a first pick (even if it is in the second round) just seems too rich for RBs. The hawks are currently rolling with a 7th rounder who has fended off a 1st rounder. Don't go higher than 3rd for a RB.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2i6bfx1p said:
Really surprised how many of you want and expect the Hawks to take a rb first. At the start of last year or even before Penny got hurt (he I believe went out before Carson) how many would have predicted or wanted a rb then?

Amazing how quickly things change.

If one assumes Seattle doesn't resign Carson, then getting a RB in this draft or next is a need. Penny is gone in 2022 if he follows suit.

It's about imminent need, ability to avoid paying a RB a second contract and having a much better RB option likely available. Not to mention Seattle tends to burn through backs and now we have our 1st/2nd string backs coming off injuries.

Yes, at the start of last year, it would have been kind of silly looking. Although I felt we were already in the 2020 market solely on the basis of this being Carson's last year on a reasonable deal, and the idea that Penny was going to get his 5th year option picked up was highly suspect (and still may be).

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Austin Jackson. Jalen Reagor is my long shot.

Brown is scheduled to make 13m in 2021 @ 35. Tyler Lockett 12.5m in 2021 @ 30.

LT and WR are the strength of the draft. Take a difference maker early then work on the D. Throw a RB in there someplace, hopefully not early, and call it good.

Largent80

Reaction score
Austin Jackson, Josh Jones. They need LT and with Brown long in the tooth and the 'Rona ragin, they can develope for a year.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
What in the worlds going on with all the people predicting a running back? Am I missing out on some inside joke or something?

IF we pick ANOTHER rb in the first round that would be crazy town.

D

DomeHawk

First/best OT available.

Maybe Josh Jones, Houston or Mekhi Becton, Louisville

justafan

Reaction score
Taylor. If he is there you can make an argument that he is the BPA at a position we need next year as well as the next 5.

I would love an all D draft but we are one play away from calling up RB scrubs that cant make other teams.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jonathan Taylor if he's available I think there's a good chance they take him. If he's off the board probably looking at a trade down into the top of the second round. I'd rather they just take BPA at 27 than trade down for a 5th rounder.

Atradees

Reaction score
Zach Moss or Ross Blacklock. Utah or TCU. Cause we value guys that cant start? Bank it. Coulda had them in the third to fiveth rounds likely.....so we will be real smart about it trading down and picking them in the second.

James in PA

Reaction score
Some guy none of ever heard of, after multiple trade downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsumatt82

Reaction score
I want it to be k’laivon Chaisson or Kenneth Murray if they fall that far but if not then Ross Blacklock

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They don't have to draft a big nasty DT or O-lineman with there first pick but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. Jonathan Taylor is great and drafting him would be amazing but if he's not there then draft the best DT or OT on the board or one of the top DE's.