Predict the pick- Seahawks 1st pick is...

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well there's players left that are good but I think you can lump what's left into 2nd round players with the exception of Taylor who's still available and worthy of a first round grade.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I like it LB was a position I was extremely concerned about Barton is not the answer . This is a really good player .

D

DomeHawk

Some people had him projected as a 2nd day pick at best and some had him as a 3rd - 4th rounder. He's fast but I dunno, we are NOT good w/1st rd picks.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
What Dome said.
To me this is another Collier reach when there were a lot of better options available at positions of greater need. But maybe they've got scoop that changes what we actually need as compared to what it appears to us we need.
I see a lot of Big12 football. I'm guessing there are a LOT of Big12 fans, along with a linebacker from Tech, very surprised by this pick in the first round.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I got the position right, but the wrong guy. I think there will be a lot of 12s eyeing the career of Patrick Queen the next several years. Hopefully it goes the Hawks way like Bobby Wagner (47th in 2012) vs Mychal Kendricks (46th) did in back to back picks.

James in PA

Reaction score
James in PA":3dkdru8l said:
Some guy none of ever heard of, after multiple trade downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the player nobody ever heard of part right. And the Hawks WERE trying to trade down until it fell apart last minute. So I was pretty damn close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Appyhawk":35o7nd2l said:
What Dome said.
To me this is another Collier reach when there were a lot of better options available at positions of greater need. But maybe they've got scoop that changes what we actually need as compared to what it appears to us we need.
I see a lot of Big12 football. I'm guessing there are a LOT of Big12 fans, along with a linebacker from Tech, very surprised by this pick in the first round.

The only thing I think that is different compared to the Collier pick is this guys upside is waaaay higher than Collier. IMO opinion Collier reminds me of Lamar King. Brooks looks like a little faster version of Anthony Simmons.

nwHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":23ayh47k said:
Appyhawk":23ayh47k said:
What Dome said.

The only thing I think that is different compared to the Collier pick is this guys upside is waaaay higher than Collier. IMO opinion Collier reminds me of Lamar King. Brooks looks like a little faster version of Anthony Simmons.

Love the Lamar King (Collier) comp.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1fmtw4ay said:
KinesProf":1fmtw4ay said:
Darrell Taylor, edge, Tennessee

Hell yeah, son! Second pick, but still, that's good.

Yeah, I really didn't think he'd last as long as he did; so I was pumped to see them trade back up. Knew which edge they wanted, just didn't quite nail the whereabouts.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2rwwwswu said:
My mock has Jonathan Taylor simply because I think he can come in at be a star on offense form day 1.

Russ want's stars and with question marks surrounding Carson and Penny we need a workhorse. Another advantage to drafting a guy like Taylor as he has been reliable. We don't need to think about a 2nd contract as this is an immediate starter. a high level starter. Kinda like a Saquon Barkely lite.

My understanding of P&J is they love to surprise so I start thing of Seahawky 2nd-3rd round projections

Austin Jackson OT
Ross Blacklock DE/DT
Zach Braun LB/DE
Bradlee Anae DE
Zack Moss RB

Thought this would be a fun one to bring back and see what folks here thought. Nice post above with the J Taylor pick. Frankly the consensus pick from this board was Taylor looking at the posts.

As I always say when someone says tells me the fans know nothing, we all see the same tape as the coaches and GM's so frankly they don't know a ton more than us. I had predicted Taylor as a longshot to win the Heisman. Dude was a stud in college and had all of the attributes to be a great back. The only thing I was concerned about was that they rode him hard in college and was a little afraid that he'd burn out sooner than other "fresher" backs.

Nice call to this poster (and the others that selected Taylor) on who we should have taken although Brooks is turning into a very nice pro.