Purdy in concussion protocol

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

It might explain a couple of those bad throws in the fourth quarter.
Well that fall happened quick.

2 weeks ago I was like 'wait until Purdy gets hurt'. Aaaaaaaand...... scene.

Hurt CMC and a scrambled eggs Purdy?

Can you say 'peaked too soon'? I can. Where's your undefeated season now boys?

Oh yea, one other thing: **** the niners. Stupid Cinderella story. I hate that stuff. And I hate the niners.

keasley45

Reaction score
I hope the kid comes out of this ok and he isn't one of those guys who after the first one, just keeps getting rung again and again.

As much as I hate the 9ers, that would suck for him and them.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a good comeback story. But he has a bad game, and now it's magically because of a "concussion"

Riiiiiight
I doubt it but its possible. Any QB can have a bad game. I do think its funny so many are ignoring what the kid has done and being super critical.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Apparently, the Eagles are the only team that doesn't get their QB injured on QB sneaks.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't remember Purdy having the degree of success in college that he has enjoyed as a Niner, so something had to happen in his favor there. But as for Niners and fudge, I read today chocolate has been found to have high levels of lead in it. Maybe there is something to that fudge story!

Aircrew

Reaction score
The Darnold era may soon be upon us.
You may be more right than you know, I think Purdy has been exposed. Purdy is a "good" quarterback who looks really good to great with an Avengers Superhero level of talent around him. Take a couple of those pieces away and he comes down to earth real quick. Just my opinion but Purdy is the NFL equivalent of a pilot who's only good at landing in the middle of the day with zero wind, unlimited visibility on a 10,000' runway.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I don't remember Purdy having the degree of success in college that he has enjoyed as a Niner, so something had to happen in his favor there.
His offseason work to improve his skills is well documented, for example he added 5 MPH to throwing velocity.

94Smith

Reaction score
You may be more right than you know, I think Purdy has been exposed. Purdy is a "good" quarterback who looks really good to great with an Avengers Superhero level of talent around him. Take a couple of those pieces away and he comes down to earth real quick. Just my opinion but Purdy is the NFL equivalent of a pilot who's only good at landing in the middle of the day with zero wind, unlimited visibility on a 10,000' runway.
He had one bad quarter. The 4th quarter. The rest of the game was fine. I am also ok with a "good" qb that costs 900,000

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

It might explain a couple of those bad throws in the fourth quarter.

I think it more explains Shanahan wanting to see how Darnold plays and using this as an excuse to bench Purdy for a couple games.

The ol' "I know you don't think you have a concussion, but we're gonna test you on the flight home and tell you you're showing symptoms" switch-a-roo.

Aircrew

Reaction score
He had one bad quarter. The 4th quarter. The rest of the game was fine. I am also ok with a "good" qb that costs 900,000
I'm with you on the "good enough" QB at a less that 50M a year rate, that's essentially what us Hawk fans were/are hoping with Geno. For those teams that don't have a true franchise guy, which there's only a half dozen or so in the league, we have to make a lower tier guy work or we're just fu**ed if we can't land a rare franchise QB.
And while it was only a quarter, I think it goes deeper than that. He was, after all, the last guy drafted for a reason.

knownone

Reaction score
Oh, I'm fully aware of the implications and agree. I've joked about the Niners having a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with Darnold since the offseason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I wouldn't fall into this trap. The Niners looked like they were going to go undefeated until a couple weeks ago, now they're struggling against some good defenses that have figured out how to defense Purdy without the full compliment of his skill players around him.

IMO the Niners are a text book team of not quite having the QB they need to win another Lombardi with that great defense. Purdy has played very well, but they're going to need him to show he can come from behind and not make mistakes trailing late in games if you want to win a SB against superior QB's like Mahomes, etc.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't remember Purdy having the degree of success in college that he has enjoyed as a Niner, so something had to happen in his favor there. But as for Niners and fudge, I read today chocolate has been found to have high levels of lead in it. Maybe there is something to that fudge story!
What happened to Arlos and his obsession with fudge packaging anyway? Are you picking up the torch, er, plate compactor for him?
Oops, never mind, he changed his handle to FrodosFinger and has revived his fudge obsession in a new thread. Mystery solved.

Latest posts