QB! Holton Ahlers, a real Viking royalty.

bileever

Reaction score
Here are some highlights from last year for Holton Ahlers:

Also, there's this guy, Tom Mead, who writes for steelersdepot.com that does amazing pre-draft evaluations of players, and this is his breakdown of Ahlers:

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Here are some highlights from last year for Holton Ahlers:

Also, there's this guy, Tom Mead, who writes for steelersdepot.com that does amazing pre-draft evaluations of players, and this is his breakdown of Ahlers:

Didn't read like the second coming of Tom Brady

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that many of Ahlers' passes on the highlight video were caught by a receiver named CJ Johnson? Johnson also signed with the Seahawks as an UDFA. The interesting thing about Johnson is that he went to high school with Ahlers, then college, and are now signed with the same NFL team. Crazy!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I hope Ahlers lands on PS as a developmental project. I think he should have changed his name to Holton Tebow-Zorn to get a better look. Dude was fun to watch, but he probably sealed the cut when he threw that unnecessary desperation pick a couple plays early vs Green Bay.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ahlers was released from practice squad to make room for more PS players.
I suspect they told him to stay in town, and will bring him back to PS after more roster shuffling. IMO they wouldn't have put him on PS in the first place if they weren't planning to commit to him for the season on PS. Anyway, that's been the Seahawks pattern for a few years, is a rotating group of PS guys who are on again, off again.

Anyone know or believe different?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully, this ain’t no ongoing strategy to bounce the 3rd qb, unless they want to get Roarke or whomever else.