QB Justin Herbert gets Extension

Maulbert

Reaction score
Highest paid QB ever for a guy who only have 1 game over .500 and never won a playoff game. This guy is overrated and now over paid.
More deserving than Dak Prescott. Honestly, the only guys worth this money right now anyway IMHO are Mahomes and Burrow. Mahomes because DUH, and Burrow because he literally transformed Cincinnati from a dumpster fire into a Super Bowl contender.

Scout

Reaction score
At this rate a lot of QBs are going to be paid and not be worth it. We are starting to see some teams shift how they build teams away from being QB centric. The salary cap realities are making teams re-evaluate how to build rosters given that without a QB on a rookie contract it makes it very challenging indeed to field a competitive roster over the long haul.

Mix

Reaction score
I wonder if Ekeler is gonna hold another it's not fair meeting on zoom over this.

NoGain

Reaction score
No surprise that he got paid like that. I really like Herbert, and that says a lot seeing that I'm a Husky fan and he was a Duck. I kind of like how he came back for his senior year in college when he was going to get paid big time if he came out. He wanted to finish school (I believe he was a 4.0 student), and he ended up leading them to a Rose Bowl win that year.

The guy's got near ideal size, top 2 or 3 arms in the NFL, has already proven himself to be a prolific passer, and he's a helluva lot tougher and grittier as a player than he's oftentimes given credit for.

The only mark against him really is that the team has underperformed. I personally think that was more a matter of coaching than any lack of leadership or clutch-ness out of him. I bet Sean Payton was drooling at the thought of taking the reins of the Chargers, but they stuck with their head coach. Maybe bringing in Kellen Moore as the new OC will lead to better results for the team. We'll see.