Browns rule QB Deshaun Watson (shoulder) out vs. 49ers

NINEster

Reaction score
Superrrrrrr lucky.

I forgot the Niners were playing prime Texans Watson.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Watson is turning out to be a shrewd move by Cleveland. A move of Wilsonian proportion

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
So, what appeared to be a comfortable win for the Niners just got easier. Although Watson has been playing well below the level we were used to seeing he would seem to be a whole lot better than his backup. SF certainly has things going their way thus far this season. I, for one, am looking forward to that old axiom "all good things must come to an end" coming to fruition.

Weadoption

Reaction score
lol and then Justin Jefferson will be out the week after. Niners are definitely avoiding some playmakers here and there.
if they were fan on the couch smart they would wrap MccAffrey in bubble wrap and wait until the playoffs, but the league just dosent work that way, every game being life and death for that 1st rnd bye.

knownone

Reaction score
That's a shame. The Browns are a pretty good match-up for the Niners on paper. But without Watson or Chubb, it's hard to imagine they'll have the scoring to compete.

94Smith

Reaction score
I’d love the 49ers offense to lay 30 on the browns defense and keep stacking up the “#1 DVOA “ defenses

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Browns have already given up...suspecting a blowout here. I doubt Cleveland puts points on the board.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
49ers 20, Browns 13

This game could be the biggest challenge Purdy has faced since last year's divisional round against the Cowboys. Cleveland's defense stops the run and blows up plays and have the best 3rd down defense in the league. Until Baltimore broke through with 16 (because 3 turnovers and 8 punts by the inept offense), they gave up single digit first downs in their 3 previous games.

Purdy's affect on the 49er offense is Shanahan is calling deeper pass routes which open up a lot more area to work with. Cleveland can get consistent pressure and not allow as many successful 5-7 step drops or off-schedule plays which will keep the 49ers from hitting big winners but instead get negative outcomes.

The Browns get to 13 because Cleveland's offense is terrible but the defense may score or give them short fields to work with.

QWERTY

Reaction score
PJ is playing so bad.

Just run the Ball

But yes the refs are on the Browns side. I don't agree with the hold or even the hit.

rcaido

Reaction score
Dumbest play I've seen in awhile. Almost cost them the game.