Question about season ticket holders

BocciHawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2p6jjdl7 said:
johnnyfever":2p6jjdl7 said:
12HawkFan":2p6jjdl7 said:
Rob12":2p6jjdl7 said:
Sorry, not to derail the thread... But what are my odds of getting season tickets in the next couple of years?

Unless you have paid a deposit to be on the Blue Pride Waiting List, the chance is ZERO.

When teams are in a good run like the Hawks the last few years, season ticket turnover is almost zero so you will have to be patient.

There are ways to buy season tickets for more than face value, but they will only be your seats for the year you bought them. The seller will still have rights to the seats.

There is one other, but very costly way, buy a pair of Charter Seat Licenses and the accompanying season tickets.

Great seats, big bucks to start, but just normal season ticket renewals after the fact and then you can resell your Charter Seat License to anyone you want for whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

GO HAWKS!!!

When you say big bucks, how much are we talking. Just looking ballpark to see if it is even an option. My wife and I have been investing out money in commercial real estate, and had figured we would have to wait until the hawks sucked again to get anything decent. I Haven't looked into season tix too much as I heard they are pretty much unavailable.

This might be an option depending on how many zero's is in "big bucks".

Here is a link to a PSL, (Personal Seat License), re-selling site that I know of, there may be more:

http://www.pslsource.com/buy_seattle_se ... n=Seahawks

To answer your question about the number of Zero's, a minimum of 4, ($10,000).

Big bucks for sure but they are your PSL's to do what you want with, when you want to and for however much you want to.

PSL prices DO NOT included Season Ticket Prices, they are separate and increase every year somewhat.

Just so you know, all of the PSL's the Hawks sold at the opening of the Clink years ago cost $999 if memory serves me right.

GO HAWKS!!!

No, that's wrong.

Charter A were $3,000, I'm fairly sure. You could get a bit of a discount if you paid in full, or if you had been a season ticket holder for at least 10 years.

I think Charter B were $2,500 and Charter C were $1,500 but can't remember for sure.

Don't know anything about how club seat licenses were priced, but they had limited success selling those PSL, there were licenses available for a long time, until finally the Seahawks ended up turning a lot of the club seats over for sale for single game tickets.

In short, there are definitely PSL that cost more than $999, and in fact, I think that every single PSL sold was for more than that...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Random aside, I took at look at that web site, and given the prices are per seat, they are insane. Shop around a bit. It's not unusual for a really good PSL to go for $15,000 or thereabouts, but the numbers quoted are absurd.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1jwjtust said:
I would email your ticket rep asap and explain your health issue. I let them know my father had a disability when we first got our tickets three seasons ago and my rep got us tickets requiring a total of 0 stairs for the same price as the ones at the top of the nose bleeds. My dad has a legitimate disabled pass but they haven't asked to ever verify it.

I did just that and my rep said that he would do his best to get me lower. However, he did put a disclaimer saying that it's not guaranteed because of high season ticket renewals.

mikeak

Reaction score
I have bought and sold PSL's this last year. I can tell you that 70%+ of those on the marketplace are by people that are only going to sell if they make a ton of money - otherwise they are fine holding on to it. So if you are interested you look at it every day. Then you make offers way less than listing price and see what happens. If you go to about CSL's there is a place to download what every one has sold for. That tells you the real marketplace cost. With that said some people overpay so look for the better deals that people have made and go for those rates.

If the right seller comes around you can get to the +$9k range for sections on the 15 yard line. I got super lucky and got 40 yard line for not much more than that - which is why I sold my outer section seats. Considering that if you want to you can sell half the tickets and pay for the rest (i.e. Go for free to half the games) then still own the asset - not a bad deal.

Edit: if you buy via the str marketplace then both seller and buyer pays 10%. The better option is to advertise that you want to buy / sell on Craigslist. The sale and the money still goes through the STR marketplace but the fee is "only" 5% for the buyer. So the seller can take less and you both get a better deal. Still as safe since it all goes through the same website.