Rashaad Penny is Useless

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3p675l3i said:
edogg23":3p675l3i said:
CJ Penny.
^
A bust that nobody wants to own :: so you stick with him anyway ! Really ?. Penny was a bust from that draft because he didn't belong in that 1st round to start with . The Hawks could of got much more value with a Penny trade ,etc . a year or 2 years ago . IMO

I think it was a ok pick, again snake bit, if he played like he did in college we would all be happy, he wasn't injury prone in college, but since day one in the NFL he can't shake that bug. At some point you have to say bust not because he didn't or doesn't have potential but because it's not realized.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
He's that character in the adventure movie, twists ankle at the most inopportune time, slows down the whole expedition and gets someone killed.

I do not generally empathize with this character. Like why don't you get your act together twisted ankle character? You do this in every episode and you create resentment with the other expedition members and the audience watching......

K

K.J WRIGHT

Penny is a straight up PUNK ! He owes Seattle a lot of money....

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I like Penny's potential, but I also liked CJ's potential as well. They both had fantastic college tape. That means very little though if you just can't stay on the field. Bummer.

BASF

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vj9uhxl said:
He's a punk? Um........ok

Don't you know that he is getting injured intentionally so we pay him without having to play?

Don't you know that he held a gun to Pete and John's heads to force them to reach for him in the first round?

Don't you know that he was dressed as Jalen Reeves-Maybin on Oct 10, 2015 to injure Nick Chubb to the point that we would not draft him over Penny?

Don't you know that he has blackmail material on Pete and John so that if they cut him, their lives will be destroyed?

:sarcasm_off:

Some of these posts are simply petty people who like to display their pettiness.

Seymour

Reaction score
Penny 2 carries = 3 weeks out with pulled clitoris. Collins already should have put him out of a job once, I guess he'll do it again over the next 3 weeks,

sc85sis

Reaction score
If someone wants to complain about Penny being injured all the time, have at it. No one is happy about that. Calling him a waste of breathing space is way over the top and, in my opinion, entirely uncalled for. He’s an injured football player, not a serial killer. Get a grip.

billyberu

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1iwq59xf said:
907Hawk":1iwq59xf said:
This thread is useless and uncalled for.

Agreed. The Seahawks win, Carson has a very good game but someone wants to gripe about Penny. Only Penny is being brought up because they can't complain about anyone else. They always have to b!@ch about somebody- win or lose.
First time on a message board or are you always this self-righteously indignant?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

billyberu

Reaction score
Chapow":uo5d3znw said:
JayhawkMike":uo5d3znw said:
Chapow":uo5d3znw said:
JayhawkMike":uo5d3znw said:
Watching Chubb right now versus the Chiefs. What an effing wasted pick with Penny. Cant even get to 1000 yards rushing TOTAL in 3 seasons seasons. Total and complete and utter bust of a stupid pick.

Dude, you are totally, completely, and utterly obsessed.

Did you even notice that the Seahawks played really well today, on both sides of the ball, and started the season with a really good win on the road over a quality team, or were you too busy being absolutely enraged that the Seahawks took Penny 3 and a half years ago instead of the guy who suffered a horribly devastating knee injury in college?

Love what the Seahawks brought today. Has nothing to do with this thread. Don’t you want me to stay on topic on the Penny is Useless thread? You want me to make this a game comment thread? Are you the self appointed thread police? Pretty much everyone has joined me on the Penny is Bad Bus. Don’t care who gets on it or not.

I couldn't care less if you stay on topic or not. But since you brought up staying on topic, what does Chubb have to do with whether Penny is useless or not?

Look dude, I'm just concerned about your mental health at this point. It's been three and a half years since that draft and every time Penny is brought up you still seem straight up enraged about it. Maybe you should talk to a therapist or something because your obsession with the whole Penny/Chubb thing seems to be just eating you up inside.
You'll be okay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not entirely his fault. He's had some crummy luck with injuries and showed some potential before getting hurt in 2019. If anything, Penny's a good example of why I don't like drafting RBs in the first round.

PNW

Reaction score
I would trade him for a 7 rounder or a bag of potato chips at this point, he’s a waste of a roster spot imo

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some good points about dwelling on the Penny thing. They took a shot, it didn't work out. Crap happens. Get over it.

xray

Reaction score
Sticking with Penny is the same as sticking with Prosise all those years . That unrealistic positive spin that Carroll puts on everything is a smoke screen for not being able to admit that Penny was a big mistake . BTW,,, Penny's out with a calf injury now .

OP
OP
Vesuve

Vesuve

Reaction score
Per Ian Rappaport via Brendon Nelson's channel,

Penny will be out for about 3 weeks.

A couple posters noted on this thread that I was looking for an excuse to complain.

No, not at all.

I'm very, very positive in general.

Just calling it like it should called, out loud. We can't polish a turd.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he is outright released. Can't rely on him. Has nothing to do with him as a person, seems like a good dude. But, some players just can't stay healthy and it's taking up a roster spot that Collins should have. Just my opinion, but enough is enough. I know they would have to eat some salary, so be it. If ANY team offers a 7th at this point, take it.

Latest posts