Rashaad Penny is Useless

TreeRon

Reaction score
Penney may be a bust for us, but how do you think Giant fans feel about Saquon? BTW Penny's brother plays for the Giants at RB/FB.

Gio

Reaction score
We drafted him while Chubb was available.. I don't think i will ever leave it behind lol

RiverDog

Reaction score
I never did like the pick and the past few years has only served to cement my opinion.

Penny is a liability in passing situations because he can't block to save his arse. If we start having injuries on the OL, say if Brown goes down and we have to put in the rookie, we're going to want to keep a running back in on passing situations to help keep Russell clean. Penny's not going to be able to take on guys like Nick Bosa, Aaron Donald, and Chandler Jones. Especially after seeing the results of Week 1, winning our division is going to hinge on being able to handle our opponent's pass rush as all three of them have excellent front 4's.

Secondly, unlike Alex Collins, he's not very elusive between the tackles and his pass catching ability is just average. IMO he's the third best back on our team. As a former #1 pick, he should have at least some trade value.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I will always believe we were going Derwin James in that draft but JS and pete knew he wouldn’t slip past LAC. When the inevitable occurred we trade down and end up with a less than mediocre RB.

When the chargers were on the clock i was sweating bullets and when they took James my hopes and dreams of LoB v2.0 were completely dashed.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Optimus25":19g4quq6 said:
I will always believe we were going Derwin James in that draft but JS and pete knew he wouldn’t slip past LAC. When the inevitable occurred we trade down and end up with a less than mediocre RB.

When the chargers were on the clock i was sweating bullets and when they took James my hopes and dreams of LoB v2.0 were completely dashed.

I remember thinking the same thing. James was taylor made for our defense and there was no doubt in my mind that we would have taken him with our first pick had he fell to us. I wouldn't have been surprised had we traded up a few spots to get him.

Having said that, Pete and John are extremely unpredictable during the draft, so who knows what we would have done had James been available. About the only thing you can count on them doing is trading down to accumulate more lower picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We wouldn't have needed James if we just picked Budda Baker from UW when he literally fell to us.

James had an injury history issue anyway.

But of all the things to be upset about yesterday, Penny not getting burn is low on the list.

Carson was barely used and frankly, when Collins was used he was fantastic. Not sure why Collins scoring a TD did not get him more carries.

Either way, you are digging deep if you think Penny playing or not matters vs all the other issues with this team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jn1wwpf said:
We wouldn't have needed James if we just picked Budda Baker from UW when he literally fell to us.

James had an injury history issue anyway.

But of all the things to be upset about yesterday, Penny not getting burn is low on the list.

Carson was barely used and frankly, when Collins was used he was fantastic. Not sure why Collins scoring a TD did not get him more carries.

Either way, you are digging deep if you think Penny playing or not matters vs all the other issues with this team.

I'm not sure who you are responding to, but I'll assume that it's me. The issue with Penny is a macrocosm of the Pete Carroll/John Schneider regime while what happened Sunday is a microcosm in the form of a singular game. I was not attempting to link the two issues.

I agree with you about Collins not getting more touches, and it's a mystery to me why our coaches don't see the same thing in him that anyone with even a casual knowledge of the game can see. The only thing I can think of as to why we're not using him more is because of the issues he's had in the past with ball security. He did have a bit of a fumbling problem when he was in Baltimore, losing 7 fumbles in two seasons, and we all know how much of a stickler Pete is about turnovers. Perhaps he's been putting the ball on the ground in practices. In any event, I wish we'd use him ahead of DJ Dallas as well as Penny.

K

K.J WRIGHT

For the slow learners here.....he is DONE! Penney is a candy arse who knows he has nothin to offer a team. Either cut him or throw him down to the practice squad SMH !

jeremiah

Reaction score
Vesuve":22ohheyq said:
Penny is a waste of breathing space.

Chris Carson should be traded, HE is a waste of roster space. He is a Fullback at RB, and is not the solution for anything but as a backup. If not Penny find another but Carson is just not good or durable either. If you get down to brass tacks, he runs too high, cannot fit through many gaps while running, and gets gassed after every decent run. A starting NFL back does not call for a replacement after a 15 yard gain.

PNW

Reaction score
Rule":1obo29p8 said:
guess who was placed on IR today
Not surprised at all, Penny is a waste of a roster spot, I don't even want him on the practice squad, cut him or trade him for a bologna sandwich.

eo620

Reaction score
Seymour":2wjxvd4c said:
Penny 2 carries = 3 weeks out with pulled clitoris. Collins already should have put him out of a job once, I guess he'll do it again over the next 3 weeks,

Man, those clit injuries are a bitch! Much like a hyperextended scrotum. Penny really needs to start showing some worth soon if he wants to have anything resembling an NFL career. Other than maybe 5-6 good runs when he was healthy, he didn't show much promise.