Ravens at Rams MNF

getnasty

Reaction score
knownone":2xnzywj2 said:
We are witnessing the further collegization of the NFL.

I remember hearing this when Kap torched the Packers in a playoff game.

Lamar Jackson is still a below average passer that won't last long with all the hits he takes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As long as they stay healthy, I think the Ravens are the team to beat.
Best all around team IMHO, great offense, great defense, excellent special teams, good coach, plus they just have that “vibe”.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Lamar's boatloads over Kaep. He sees the field and all his targets. He doesn't just take off when he's scared.

And his coaches don't just settle for anything. Man,did you see that 4th down where they had the punt unit on, then shifted it for their FG unit, then decided to just let Lamar run it for yet another first down?

The kid is amazing and probably will be representing the AFC this year. Even if the Pats win their weak-a division and makes it to their championship game, they are gonna have THAT to deal wth. Any NFC team including us who makes it will have a lot to contend with.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j3v9e79 said:
As long as they stay healthy, I think the Ravens are the team to beat.
Best all around team IMHO, great offense, great defense, excellent special teams, good coach, plus they just have that “vibe”.
They look legit, but I’d like to think the Hawks could crack the code if given another shot at them. I’m sure Belichick could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcaido

Reaction score
Lamar has an awesome game...Of course knowing our luck, he will crap the bed against the 49ers which we need them to beat next week.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I wonder what the blueprint will be to beat the Ravens and Lamar. Right now it seems like teams have no idea. My guess is the Pats will put together a great game plan when they meet in the playoffs. If I’m the defensive coordinator, I absolutely stack the box and make Lamar a passer, even if it means one on one coverage on the outside with little to no safety help.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson looks tremendous. He can really run plus he throws a pretty accurate ball too. He does run the risk of injury though with his style of play. Just like happened to RG3.

kf3339

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2aa6623t said:
I'm looking forward to the end-of-season rematch.

I am seeing how this could easily happen as well! :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":au822x1u said:
I wonder what the blueprint will be to beat the Ravens and Lamar. Right now it seems like teams have no idea. My guess is the Pats will put together a great game plan when they meet in the playoffs. If I’m the defensive coordinator, I absolutely stack the box and make Lamar a passer, even if it means one on one coverage on the outside with little to no safety help.
I don’t think teams will find away to begin to slow him down until next season, when teams have the time to breakdown a ton of film on him and see where the weaknesses are.

Always seems to be that’s the way it works.... and even when they do, do you have the talent on defense and coaches capable of scheming a successful plan to do so, and then execute said plan?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":g91quvsl said:
Lamar Jackson looks tremendous. He can really run plus he throws a pretty accurate ball too. He does run the risk of injury though with his style of play. Just like happened to RG3.
Same thing was said about Russ too, and he hasn’t missed a game in his career.
Time will tell if he is as durable as Russ, fragile like RG3, or somewhere in between.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rojnqnr7 said:
SanDiego49er":rojnqnr7 said:
Time will tell if he is as durable as Russ, fragile like RG3, or somewhere in between.

To me Wilson runs around to buy time to look down the field and pass. Jackson runs to run as did RG3. Which leads to serious injury eventually. It hasn't yet. But it may in the future. Wilson is actually pretty good at protecting himself and mostly runs to buy time to throw. I think Wilson is unique. He is tremendous. I like what Jackson is doing. But I just don't know if it will hold up over time injury free. We will see.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is not a thick man especially thru the legs in fact he looks very much like RG III in body type. More WR then RB as a analogy. He has to avoid the hits to knees and scissor tackles the two direction high low type as a runner, in the pocket he is pretty well protected.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":jiqhfq8i said:
Hawk-Lock":jiqhfq8i said:
I don’t think teams will find away to begin to slow him down until next season, when teams have the time to breakdown a ton of film on him and see where the weaknesses are.

Always seems to be that’s the way it works.... and even when they do, do you have the talent on defense and coaches capable of scheming a successful plan to do so, and then execute said plan?

Makes me ill to agree but I think you're right. Ravens strategy seems to be "all in", if Boogers analogy is correct in the Ravens have created their offense completely around LJ they are banking they'll get to the big dance and win before their star QB is figured out or injured.

LJ unless he is a complete idiot, he knows he will have take them far enough to get that big payday. He is banking on staying healthy long enough, problem is he is falling for all the hype and going all out taking the hits, using all his strengths no brains. I hope for the kids sake he slows down a little and tries to find a happy medium.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":3mmoycj1 said:
Sports Hernia":3mmoycj1 said:
Hawk-Lock":3mmoycj1 said:

Makes me ill to agree but I think you're right. Ravens strategy seems to be "all in", if Boogers analogy is correct in the Ravens have created their offense completely around LJ they are banking they'll get to the big dance and win before their star QB is figured out or injured.

LJ unless he is a complete idiot, he knows he will have take them far enough to get that big payday. He is banking on staying healthy long enough, problem is he is falling for all the hype and going all out taking the hits, using all his strengths no brains. I hope for the kids sake he slows down a little and tries to find a happy medium.

He is still playing like a player and not a professional if you get my drift selling out for every play versus take what you can and then get the rest on the next play, the goal line run tonight as an example, at first I thought his knee collapsed versus just his legs giving out. He wanted the end zone badly.

Tannehill had a run where he got a helicopter hit yesterday that are hits a QB cannot take, Wilson for a baseball player has one of the ugliest slides in the game and seems like his cleats catch almost every time but he gets down 90 percent of the time, well unless three players take helmet shots at him while on the ground.

As these types of QB's get more popular in the game along with Murray in Arizona they are going to start taking RB type hits, most players respect their position still, but getting embarrassed has a way of coming back around and the QB's are the ones with the ball and it's going to end up being Hunting Season for them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
And to think that nobody was going to take him in the 1st round. Then a team allowed Baltimore back in to the 1st, and they picked Lamar Jackson...crazy shit.

I remember them calling his name, it was so cool because he came out nodding/bobby his head like "yeah...yeah...yeah.." and reaching out to the fans, slapping palms and being cool. Dude has "it."

He's fun to watch, but like Chris said, my biggest fear is he's running too much, and not sliding enough. Somebody's going to clock him. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens against the 49ers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1bzzrx40 said:
I stack and add speed ..Put a S or two in the LB spots so
he will think twice of running with a spy or two on him that is
not much slower than him and can hit..We have the players.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ga6l06s5 said:
SanDiego49er":ga6l06s5 said:
Wilson is built more sturdily, however. But I'll agree that both Jackson and Wilson are smart with their body on their runs.

Latest posts