Report: Seahawks management not happy with Wilson

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3v7n7unv said:
SoulfishHawk":3v7n7unv said:
Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
Watson is demanding to be traded, I seriously doubt Houston fans want him gone.
Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.

One huge difference between Manning, Rodgers and Wilson.

Lets thing Manning adn Rodgers are

Wilson is

You can guess the rest

...not a league MVP?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
John63":31j49ff7 said:
Jerhawk":31j49ff7 said:
The sky is falling!!

Seriously though, I can see both sides here.
But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

All he did was infuriate the team and his teammates

Did it occur after 8 years of keeping it inside and nothing happening he felt this was the only choice?

It was unprofessional.

There's things I hate about my job, but don't go down to the news station and tell everyone about it.
He could've been much more tactful in his answer.
Now he just looks two faced

toffee

Reaction score
It's a.matter of Russell wanted this to be HIS team, he wants the final say in all football matters. So it's no a matter of the OL, but the control of all Seahawks foot ball matters.

From what I have observed, the process and result of hiring of our new OC, Wilson wasn't involved enough, the latest outburst was a result of that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qbtli3c said:
Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.

Post of the year thus far . Well put and 100 percent accurate.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Jerhawk":tt4jqio2 said:
John63":tt4jqio2 said:
Jerhawk":tt4jqio2 said:
The sky is falling!!

But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

Did it occur after 8 years of keeping it inside and nothing happening he felt this was the only choice?

It was unprofessional.

There's things I hate about my job, but don't go down to the news station and tell everyone about it.

I respectfully disagree. It was time Wilson grew a sack and stopped being a "Yes" man. All the greats have done it Brady, Rodgers, Kobe, Jordan etc. If you have a competitive nature and want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and see the same disgusting formula with no progress or results you eventually reach a breaking point and clearly Wilson has. I'm glad he's standing up for himself and I hope he leaves the organization under Pete Carroll so he doesn't waste away his career. Then all the fans that Love Pete and his BS rah rah style of coaching and those who are so grateful for making the playoffs and being one and done can finally put their foot in their mouths when the team goes down the toilet.

Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB and greatly underappreciated for what he does with what he's given to work with.

So to your point, if you hate your job, what do you do?

1) You talk to your superiors about how things can be improved

OR

2) YOU FIND ANOTHER JOB

Wilson has clearly expressed he wants to be involved in the process. So they won't listen. Now he's open to going to another team.

7 years of that Senile Moron progressively taking this organization down the wrong path. I remember when 7 years ago we started seeing the smoke of the LOB being frustrated by the lack of accountability by Pete Carroll. Where there's smoke theres fire. The end result was the dismantling of one of the greatest defenses of all time. Chancellor admitted it himself. Everyone stopped believing in Carroll. Wilson has too.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":2g0igu9p said:
Jerhawk":2g0igu9p said:
John63":2g0igu9p said:
Jerhawk":2g0igu9p said:
The sky is falling!!

It was unprofessional.

I respectfully disagree. It was time Wilson grew a sack and stopped being a "Yes" man. All the greats have done it Brady, Rodgers, Kobe, Jordan etc. If you have a competitive nature and want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and see the same disgusting formula with no progress or results you eventually reach a breaking point and clearly Wilson has. I'm glad he's standing up for himself and I hope he leaves the organization under Pete Carroll so he doesn't waste away his career. Then all the fans that Love Pete and his BS rah rah style of coaching and those who are so grateful for making the playoffs and being one and done can finally put their foot in their mouths when the team goes down the toilet.

Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB and greatly underappreciated for what he does with what he's given to work with.

So to your point, if you hate your job, what do you do?

1) You talk to your superiors about how things can be improved

OR

2) YOU FIND ANOTHER JOB

Wilson has clearly expressed he wants to be involved in the process. So they won't listen. Now he's open to going to another team.

7 years of that Senile Moron progressively taking this organization down the wrong path. I remember when 7 years ago we started seeing the smoke of the LOB being frustrated by the lack of accountability by Pete Carroll. Where there's smoke theres fire. The end result was the dismantling of one of the greatest defenses of all time. Chancellor admitted it himself. Everyone stopped believing in Carroll. Wilson has too.

EXACTLY!

If Russell's motivations are that he wants to leave because Seattle isn't Hollywood enough for him, then obviously I wouldn't support that.

But everything that's being reported leads me to believe the dude just wants to win and get back to the Super Bowl. So if that's the case, there's no doubt he and others have been venting frustrations behind the scenes for years about how the offense is run.

People loved to criticize Russ for being a company man for years, and now all of a sudden he speaks out (like other great players have done) and people want to crucify him. Unreal.

Edit: And Russ is the same dude who refused to throw his coaches under the bus for that horrible call at the end of SB 49. So don't come at him for not being a team guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am going to guess Wilson has brought this up again and again in house.

Nothing has been fixed.

He is frustrated now and talking to people due to the nothing getting done.

Sherman had a similar situation with the team, they even allowed him to go and find another team that wanted to trade for him. Pete and John said no to the offer and that was that.

But the difference we have this go around is it isn't about money with Wilson, every other discussion about QB's is contracts, Wilsons isn't.

Call it philosophical difference about the teams offense and schemes.

The last three guys who had this issue are not here either.

They just didn't play QB.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
To say "I know I have to play better football and help the problem by not holding it so long" would sound so much different than how he addressed it.

Instead he comes across as not being aware that he is, indeed, part of the problem.

Maybe he thinks he's better than he really is. The guy plays in arguably the softest media market so its possible.

He did not play good football for much of the second half of the season. We pay him too much (causing other holes) for that to continue. Without MVP Russ, (which we see in short spurts each year) this team will struggle to win.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-wilson/

The Ellen Show. I get it, dude wants to expand brand ... just a curious choice.

Elemas

Reaction score
I really don’t want to think of a Seahawks team without Russell Wilson. It’s crazy that there are actually trade rumors that are gaining traction.
A team would have to break the bank, add an unprecedented number of first round picks, add a QB that is above average status, and possibly throw in a stud RB that is more towards the 25 and under group. Even with that, I’d be shaking my head...
I think Russ has had enough of Mr. Nice Guy and rightfully called the baby ugly. The demise this season was way less player/talent based then it was coaching and management.

If I’m the owner, I’m telling JS and Pete that this IS Russel Wilson’s team and they better maker sure to address everything both they and he think. Or, find another job.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Everybody knows Russ can go to the media, that includes Pete, this is happening because Pete let it happen! Pete has no choice RW isn’t as good as everyone thinks he is, that includes Russ. RW can throw it into the bucket on deep balls but many times he gets his TD because the WR’s are wide open waiting for the pass. I hope Pete timed this perfectly and there’s a QB in the draft they want or Pete screwed this thing up. We’ve been here before in terms of the drama it would be wise to trust Pete & John they have a long track record of making people eat crow. Especially Pete I remember folks doubting him when he got the job at USC and when he came to Seattle everyone was saying colleges coaches can’t make it in the NFL. Recently folks claiming Pete can’t build an offense after having prolific offenses at USC & drafting DK Metcalf everyone saying he can’t run routes. It never ends!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wscufo4 said:
Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

What I do know is that if Carroll drives off Wilson, he destroys his legacy here.

He will be remembered more for driving Wilson off and squandering a HOF QB than for the SB he won.

That would be sad.

He is already more known for the worst call in SB history instead of one of the most dominant SB teams in NFL history.

I really wish he would get over himself.

I think it is very likely at this point that PC leaves with every part of his legacy destroyed but the SB win and the franchise right back where it was when he got here.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Elemas":3rkdyn9m said:
I really don’t want to think of a Seahawks team without Russell Wilson. It’s crazy that there are actually trade rumors that are gaining traction.
A team would have to break the bank, add an unprecedented number of first round picks, add a QB that is above average status, and possibly throw in a stud RB that is more towards the 25 and under group. Even with that, I’d be shaking my head...
I think Russ has had enough of Mr. Nice Guy and rightfully called the baby ugly. The demise this season was way less player/talent based then it was coaching and management.

If I’m the owner, I’m telling JS and Pete that this IS Russel Wilson’s team and they better maker sure to address everything both they and he think. Or, find another job.

RW is grabbing the bull by the horns he wants to make sure all the teams get a crack at him vs just the one’s Pete & John choose. Any team could rework RW’s deal & make it hard for him to say no he’s just opening up his choices. Seahawks could add Lockett to the deal to salvage an unfavorable situation.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3nvimdfm said:
Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-wilson/

The Ellen Show. I get it, dude wants to expand brand ... just a curious choice.

CAA manages Russ & Sierra!

ducks41468

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8mvmqiz1 said:

This. Plenty of QB's do this. He's knows he's 33 and is betting on himself, as he should.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm really glad Wilson is calling out Carroll's offense, I just gained a whole lot more respect for him. This is what I was waiting for, the competitive fire that you see with guys such as Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. Everything Wilson is saying is the truth.

This is the Wilson i've been waiting to see, the true fierce competitor underneath the cooperate soldier image.

TreeRon

Reaction score
toffee":3tugy49w said:
It's a.matter of Russell wanted this to be HIS team, he wants the final say in all football matters. So it's no a matter of the OL, but the control of all Seahawks foot ball matters.

From what I have observed, the process and result of hiring of our new OC, Wilson wasn't involved enough, the latest outburst was a result of that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Hogwash

ducks41468

Reaction score
JustTheTip":a0tlqzqs said:
TwistedHusky":a0tlqzqs said:
Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

What I do know is that if Carroll drives off Wilson, he destroys his legacy here.

He will be remembered more for driving Wilson off and squandering a HOF QB than for the SB he won.

That would be sad.

He is already more known for the worst call in SB history instead of one of the most dominant SB teams in NFL history.

I really wish he would get over himself.

I think it is very likely at this point that PC leaves with every part of his legacy destroyed but the SB win and the franchise right back where it was when he got here.

We're seeing even Belichick's legacy being called into question after one bad year without Brady.

Redsand187

Reaction score
I just find it interesting that Russ's comments mentioned Tom.

Remember, Tom purposely took less money for his entire career so the team could afford to have the personnel it needed to support Tom. It is only after 19 years, 9 super bowl appearances, and 6 super bowl wins was he able to get a team to allow him to have the input he wanted. He still took a significant pay cut compared to what he could have got on the market.

You can't ask to be the highest-paid player in the league when you negotiate, ask for significant input on the team's business decisions, and not have the record and history to back it up.

While Russ has done some amazing stuff, he has done some embarrassing stuff as well. He is a high risk, high reward player. Tom is a calculated player who is able to make plays happen much more consistently. Tom is a much safer investment.

For what Russ wants, I don't know that it is even possible. He needs ownership. Allow him to buy into the team at 2012 valuation, 1% ownership for each year he continues to play for the team. IE: He can buy 1% of the team for ~$10,000,000 in 2021,1% more in 2022 for an additional $10,000,000, 1% more in 2023 for an additional $10,000,000 and continuing until he leaves the team via trade/free agency/retirement.

Restructure his contract to something like $15,000,000 a year. This allows the team to work under the salary cap to afford better players. As an owner, he would have some say in the direction the team goes with personnel but would ultimately be a minority and could be overruled by Jody/Vulcan if the front office disagreed with Russ's ideas.

It also gives Russ and the Seahawks a future. Jody/Vulcan would still be the real owner of the team in effect by controlling 90% or more of the team. But, when Russ ultimately retires, he could take on a role in the management of the team.

This helps Russ realize his impossible dream of owning an NFL team, and allows Jody/Vulcan to keep the team in their portfolio without having to actively manage the day to day operations. They obviously aren't concerned about milking the most value out of the team as possible, that is against the Allen family beliefs. Allowing Russ to own a tiny piece wouldn't be a huge concession.

I am not Russ's biggest fan and it wouldn't hurt my feeling too much he was cut/traded. But it doesn't make sense just a couple of years ago they were fully bought in on him being the future of the franchise and now they'd dump him even though his play hasn't been terrible.

He has to realize that he put himself in the situation. Mr. anything for the team, went for the big paycheck instead of putting the team first. Somehow, a lot of people think of Tom as a primadonna, and Russ as a company man, but their actions prove otherwise.

Latest posts