Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Well all the talk is as moot point now, tomorrow we will see about all this next man up stuff, all this he's getting bad advice is ridiculous. Kam is rich grown man who has his own mind. This is his holdout an his agent works for him. Not the other way around. You think Anthony Davis retired because his agent told him to? Heal your body and you'll get more money next year? He thought that this was his leverage an he was wrong. The defense is special so they will still thrive but it won't be the same without that freak of nature

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Everyone's turning on Kam so quick. I see this more like when your kid does something wrong. You don't kick them out of the house and banish them from your life. You feel disappointed with the choice they made and hope they learn from their mistakes.

I love Kam being a Seahawk and I hope he's here to finish out his contract.

MTHawk1

Reaction score
I've been up to this point optimistic. I was even rooting for Kam to get his modified contract, I think he has earned it on the field. I don't blame him one bit for trying. It has just went to far, doesn't matter why. Does that mean its to late? Not for me. Get in here Kam, apologize to Mr. Allen, and be the leader on this team you've always been!

pmedic920

Reaction score
1 million bucks per game, if he misses the first two.

What the Hell is he thinking?
In my mind there has to be more to this than what we currently know.

Good for P.A.

Fade

Reaction score
The correct statement, but should have been made day 1 of the holdout. Since Seattle supposedly doesn't negotiate with players with more than 1 year left on their contract. Its partially on PCJS for even "negotiating" with Kam in the first place.

ptisme

Reaction score
In reading these comments it's obvious that fan support is overwhelmingly in favor of the team at this point.... I don't doubt for a minute both sides aren't reviewing these fan forums to check which way the wind is blowing...

Russellmania3

Reaction score
I would love to be so underpaid that I could Hand over A cool million $$$$ to pay my fines.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2sow21qp said:
Everyone's turning on Kam so quick. I see this more like when your kid does something wrong. You don't kick them out of the house and banish them from your life. You feel disappointed with the choice they made and hope they learn from their mistakes.

Seahawks first.

I've felt betrayed by players three times as a Hawk fan: Galloway, Springs with his "Egypt" wisecrack, and Hutch. Kam made the list.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2grjshs8 said:

If that one kid puts the family at risk.... See ya later kid. Don't let the door hit ya.

m0ng0

Reaction score
If he is injured why wouldn't be just go on the IR? Take the season off and still get paid?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ab9y1a4 said:
Rocket":2ab9y1a4 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2ab9y1a4 said:
Engaged in brinkmanship with the wrong man! Really dont see how you mend this fence now.
The Man has a contract. The Team, and by logical extension the Owner, have a contract, the same reasonably lucrative but poorly written contract.

The dude FIRES HIS AGENT, shows up at the team HQ, hat in hand, and REPORTS. Kam eats his substantial fines and explains, to Pete, John and especially Mr. Allen, that he was stupid, was given bad advice and that he's here to support the team in any way he can.

That's how you mend a fence... cuz there's a damn contract that both sides need to adhere to.
This guy gets it! ^^^
Yeah what Rocket proposed is the only way Kam plays for the Hawks again IMO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
two dog":32s2b4pv said:
I have never heard of a single instance where Paul Allen has imposed himself
or interceded in any way with his football brain trust. This changes the impasse
in a substantial way. It's now up to Kam to make the peace if it's to be made.

When negotiating, an almost sure way to NOT get what you want is to resort
to name calling. Calling your adversary "petty" is a real good way to kill talks.

Kam is a superior athlete and I think we all want him back badly. Please put the
pitchforks and torches away because if a way is found out of this morass,
we will welcome him back happily.
Yeah I believe this is the first time in the PC/JS era Paul has interjected himself into a personnel matter. Think he's pissed?

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":a1n4asif said:

:13:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Ed Werder says something on a sports talk radio show and a hundred sites report it just the same as if it was actual news.

There may have been a conversation including Allen, but I can't see him picking up the phone or barging into a room and directly interfering with football operations the way it's being characterized. Till I hear it from John or Pete or Paul, or at least see the words directly attributed to one of them, I'm skeptical.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Has a player ever handled a holdout more craptastically than Kam?

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
10533444_10203745385833834_2221213148702905597_n.jpg

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Laloosh":36havwhf said:
Phoenix":36havwhf said:
I'm sure Paul Allen was NOT pleased with the "petty" remark, or with Kam blabbing about the money differences. How unprofessional of Kam to do that.

Hats off to Allen for stepping in and sending a clear and concise message to Kam.

Yep. The one thing that I respected Kam for not doing in all of this, was going to the press. So much for that.
Agreed.

My best guess is Kam was told to NOT take the re-negotiation to the press... perhaps even by Paul Allen... and yet he did... and Paul said "that's enough, we're through talking".

Kam, you screwed the pooch and it's time to fish or cut bait.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3bm8kdep said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.

I agree. Fans love players so much they would rather put the blame on others than their beloved player for being stupid. From what I have read about Kam's stubborness this is pretty much all on him. I can't beleive an agent, knowing the CBA like they do, would advise Kam to make this move.

What makes me suspicious anout all this is why would Kam want that much money moved from 2017 to 2016 and only have $2.9 mil for a salary in 2017. I understand him wanting as much as he can get as soon as he can get it, but that should have been addressed in the initial negotiations. If he is not happy now think about how unhappy he would be in 2017 with only $2.9 due him.