Rigged for us (and GB)

gremlin

Reaction score
I could have swore that the refs missed a couple of false starts on GB also. Nantz even mentioned it on the second one.

AgentDib

Reaction score
sutz":11yx0vw6 said:
Sorry, but I think the two interceptions... Not to mention the stupid penalties...Blaming the refs is a lame excuse in this instance IMHO.
The problem with this line of thinking is that you mention several factors which affected the game, and then arbitrarily decide that some are worth talking about and some aren't.

"No excuses" is a good coaching sound bite when teams are in the middle of a game and there's no point dwelling on split milk. However, all we are doing as fans on a Monday is talking about all of the factors that influenced the game. Weather, injuries, referee calls, valid penalties, good plays and bad plays are all relevant information that combine to explain what we saw on the field. How does it benefit us to ignore any of those factors?

Talking about dubious officiating calls doesn't take away from talking about DK's dumb penalty. It's possible to have multiple thoughts going on and for there to be lots of things that go wrong (or right) in a given game. People should be inherently suspicious of those who condense hundreds of complicated factors into a couple of simple takeaways which fit a narrative better but lose the truth in doing so.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

gremlin":s14ntp29 said:
I could have swore that the refs missed a couple of false starts on GB also. Nantz even mentioned it on the second one.
Yep. Multiple times. Hard to believe.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I hate when opposing team fans cry about bad calls or non-calls as the only reason the Seahawks win. So for the same reason, I'm not going to point to them when the Seahawks lose either.

It's like the game of life. You got those who claim they are unlucky all the time for their lack of success and then those who just ignore those things and do what they gotta to do win/be successful and not dwell on the things that they can't control.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
classicaaron":z55tmag2 said:
well the first one was actually the correct call, he was a yard short if you see his knees. now the giving the first down and then taking it away was extremely weird it was the right call.

the other 3 were indeed atrocious.

The block in the back wasn't a penalty. Steratore has zero problem calling out bad calls on the air and he explained why it wasn't. He's right.

The defensive holding was a bad call.

The offensive holding was a bad call but in real time, 99% of the time when a defender falls like that it's because he's being pulled down. The ref can't be blamed for our OL being bull rushed so badly that he falls on top of him our of shock.

The constant whining about Seattle being the victims of league wide conspiracies or that we're singled out for an unfair number of bad calls is so embarrassing as a lifetime Hawks fan. Bad calls happen. These are fallible humans making instant decisions while elite athletes compete at full speed. It's impossible and just because it wasn't adequate explained or shown in the broadcast doesn't mean anything. Networks have several other on air obligations and unsettled questions happen every single game. Just stop it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cv89dp3w said:
LTH":cv89dp3w said:
Sgt. Largent":cv89dp3w said:
Same question I always ask the conspiracy theorists like Welshers...............if you think the league is rigged, why do you watch and invest your time, energy and emotions in a team and sport that you're convinced is fixxed?

Seems like a colossal waste of your time.

Because i love football! BUT its becoming to the point to where I don't want to watch it...It has NOTHING to do with the Hawks not having a great year I;m enough of a fan to realize that teams cycle thats fine but the other night in Pitt the officiating was so bad I turned off the game...

I think we need to flood the media with emails complaining about it...if they start writing about it then we can stop it or at least bring attention to it

I agree that officiating is terrible. But it's pretty big tin foil hat leap of faith to say it's not only bad, but the NFL actually rigs games.

Why on earth would the league risk their multi billion dollar empire by instructing their referees to steer games for certain teams?

Seems like a REALLY bad business model.

But my point remains, if you're a "the league is rigged" conspiracy theorist, not sure why you invest your time and energy into a sport you think has predetermined outcomes............and ALWAYS against your team? Weird how that always works with every fanbase who has fans who say the same thing.

Crazy!

The idea that it's rigged is indeed crazy. You have to believe that the refs are masterminds at affecting a game's outcome and that it can be accomplished league wide, year after year with absolutely no disgruntled conspirator ever leaking anything. The bigger the conspiracy, the less likely it is to be true because people talk. It's absolutely crazy to think otherwise.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Doubtful the games are rigged. However, whenever a flag is thrown in a Seattle game these days, nine out of 10 times I just get the feeling it is going to be against Seattle.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":1i15g9q8 said:
Sorry, but I think the two interceptions in the endzone following our only decent drives of the game had more to do with it than a few bad calls. Not to mention the stupid penalties on Dunlap for throwing the shoe, giving up a down and precious field position at a critical time and DK's stupid loss of poise at the end. Losing DK at that time probably didn't change much, but the Dunlap penalty led to a GB TD.

Blaming the refs is a lame excuse in this instance IMHO.
\

Awww the sleeping bear comes out to play LMAO!!!!

EDIT: It's about dang time the Marines show up... good thing you got the Navy to assist you LMAO!!!!!!!!!

LTH

OP
OP
W

Welshers

When GB and the refs beat Detroit tomorrow night and ends our season half this board will inevitably say "shouldn't have lost so many winnable games. No one but themselves to blame". And while that may be true let's just remember the Seahawks actually did win more games.

The referees were caught literally making up key false starts and holding calls against the Hawks this year. Even nfl shill talking heads were shocked.

The Seahawks beat the Oakland Raiders. The refs gave it to the Raiders by taking away a game winning fumble recovery. Seattle also beat the Sants, but the refs stole it with multiple corrupt calls.

If Seattle doesn't get screwed in those two games alone (they were also screwed over in many others) they are already in tthe playoffs. So it shouldn't have to come down to GB losing in the first place. Sad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FFS every team in the league complains about the refs, we're hardly alone in this regard. Maybe instead of complaining about the Raiders game, perhaps pay attention to the close to 300 yards on the ground we gave up? Or what about losing to every team in the worst division in football, the NFC South? Even the 31st ranked rushing team at the time, the Bucs were able to run all over us.

What about the numerous lucky breaks that the Seahawks got from the refs, specifically in the Rams game?

We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being in the position. Blame the refs all you want, but at the end of the day we put ourselves in this position. Stop crying about the refs and maybe start focusing on the piss poor play that we've had on defense this season, and most every year since 2017.

We are the reason that we need to rely on the Lions to win the game for us. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

You've spent countless amounts of time complaining about the perceived slights against the Seahawks, but you've failed to mention the times we've gotten lucky with calls. In the end it all is a wash.

Rainger

Reaction score
When faced with explaining something bad, and the options involve a choice between stupidity/incompetence and evil intent, I usually go with stupidity or incompetence. Usually.
I usually go with corruption. It is everywhere, media, covid, sports, government, you name it you can find corruption in it.

Not saying the NFL as a whole but parts in every segment.

Rainger

Reaction score
FFS every team in the league complains about the refs, we're hardly alone in this regard. Maybe instead of complaining about the Raiders game, perhaps pay attention to the close to 300 yards on the ground we gave up? Or what about losing to every team in the worst division in football, the NFC South? Even the 31st ranked rushing team at the time, the Bucs were able to run all over us.

What about the numerous lucky breaks that the Seahawks got from the refs, specifically in the Rams game?

We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being in the position. Blame the refs all you want, but at the end of the day we put ourselves in this position. Stop crying about the refs and maybe start focusing on the piss poor play that we've had on defense this season, and most every year since 2017.

We are the reason that we need to rely on the Lions to win the game for us. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

You've spent countless amounts of time complaining about the perceived slights against the Seahawks, but you've failed to mention the times we've gotten lucky with calls. In the end it all is a wash.
Just because lots of other teams have it happen to them doesn't then negate that it has happened to the Hawks because it has.

Why do so many think it has to be one or the other, it can be both.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tomorrow will tell just how corrupt the NFL truly is.

Ever since XL the Hawks have been screwed over by ‘the fix’.

They just need to make it impossible to steer this game by scoring early and often. The outcome is less likely to be steered then.

Suspect the Hawks win tomorrow but lose the playoff race for the last spot. It is what it will be.

James in PA

Reaction score
Suspect the Hawks win tomorrow but lose the playoff race for the last spot. It is what it will be.
I'm not even that optimistic. Remember, if the Hawks lose, it'll make the league's precious Sunday Night game that much juicier. "Winner gets in, loser goes home! Wow! Does it get any better than this?!" I can already hear Collinsworth creaming himself. Of course we know there is no way the league is NOT having Erin and the beloved Packers in the playoffs. But the steering for the Rams earlier in the day will just be a sign of things to come. And as usual, the NFL will come out smelling like roses.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Just because lots of other teams have it happen to them doesn't then negate that it has happened to the Hawks because it has.

Why do so many think it has to be one or the other, it can be both.
In the end we lost due to our own failings, not the refs. Funny how when weird calls go our way nobody here complains. In the Rams game I saw ZERO people complain about the calls that went our way.

Ya’ll are not consistent, instead you’re crying and complaining about grand NFL conspiracies against the Seahawks. But of course mentioning the calls that go for us would go against your narrative.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
In the end we lost due to our own failings, not the refs. Funny how when weird calls go our way nobody here complains. In the Rams game I saw ZERO people complain about the calls that went our way.

Ya’ll are not consistent, instead you’re crying and complaining about grand NFL conspiracies against the Seahawks. But of course mentioning the calls that go for us would go against your narrative.
So what you’re saying is super bowl XL was legit?

Rainger

Reaction score

Sorry but you are incorrect, I have always been open about calls that go in our favour, I know they happen, but you completely ignored my comment that just because calls go for us doesn't then negate that they go against us. Which you seem to dismiss in multiple threads, in fact every thread that deals with bad officiating.

Are you a junior ref in some sport?

In addition it is what calls where and when. Some have a small impact and some can have game changing impacts. Each one must be looked at in context. Not saying they are the sole reason for the loss, but you then cant deny they could be a factor in a loss. (or a win)

But you are always wanting to hammer anyone who complains about a call or a game that is stolen, that is as equally bad as those who want to say every game is stolen (which very few do).

PS: You have never read a post of mine that has ever said there is a NFL grand conspiracy against the Hawks. That is you again conflating one point with something not said. Also I don't have a narrative re read what I posted.

"Just because lots of other teams have it happen to them doesn't then negate that it has happened to the Hawks because it has.

Why do so many think it has to be one or the other, it can be both."

Where in that statement is there anything close to what you said in your reply? That statement is merely a statement of fact.

Last edited:

Latest posts