Rigged for us (and GB)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
So what you’re saying is super bowl XL was legit?
What I am saying is the perceived ref bias isn’t as big of a deal as people are making it out to be in this thread.

That one is a particularly egregious example.

In this case though, we’re in the position we are in because of poor play. We can’t lay it on the refs nor is there sufficient evidence to say any of our games this season were “rigged”.

We lost all four of our games to the NFC South, that is on US not the refs. We had a historically bad run defense for most of the season. Is that on the refs and “game rigging?”

My particular gripe is with the OP. He’s claimed the refs are the reason for many of our losses. He also seems to think there is some sort of grand conspiracy against the Hawks. It’s been a theme with him after every loss.

Look, I’m not calling these refs perfect. They’ve made some huge mistakes. That being said, every team, even legacy teams are complaining.

I’m just saying there isn’t sort of grand conspiracy and that the Hawks themselves are the biggest reason why we’re in the position that we are in.

Spohawks

Reaction score
If its a little fake, then its 100% fake...and its 100% fake.

HOWEVER, I see a different outcome than many do. I see the Seahawks winning to push even more viewers to Sunday night. I also see the Packers losing...Why?

The MASS MAJORITY of betters are going with the Packers, Seahawks fans are not the only ones thinking a Packers win is a done deal.

This is an easy HUGE pay day for Vegas however the 1st round of the playoffs will be a tighter game and less of a win for Vegas.

cymatica

Reaction score
I usually go with corruption. It is everywhere, media, covid, sports, government, you name it you can find corruption in it.

Not saying the NFL as a whole but parts in every segment.
Yeah pretty much. But just like nicotine, THC, alcohol, sugar, or Netflix drama shows..... The NFL is just another fixation. Maybe it's all rigged, maybe not, or maybe a little. Either way, the bread n circus continues on with someone subliminal political messaging sprinkled in

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So all you guys concur the SB the Hawks won was rigged…
All the Hawks NFC championship wins were rigged…
Sounders big wins, Sonics, every single win was unearned. How about the M’s in 95 over the yanks, that had to be rigged.

Whatever the truth is I feel bad that all of you are so ******* miserable, just stop watching and save what sanity you have left…lulz

Rainger

Reaction score
Sounders big wins, Sonics, every single win was unearned. How about the M’s in 95 over the yanks, that had to be rigged.

Whatever the truth is I feel bad that all of you are so ******* miserable, just stop watching and save what sanity you have left…lulz
Nobody is saying everything is rigged, but you implying NOTHING is ever steered, manipulated, biased, bet on, or corrupted whatever, is as equally preposterous. One doesn't negate the other!

You people who want to criticize those who see some obvious inconsistencies and terrible calls that influence games (against all teams) and seem to think everything is black and white, and it doesn't exist. Because it exists SOMETIMES does NOT mean it happens ALL the time.

No it doesn't happen ONLY to the Seahawks but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen to the Seahawks. No they are not picked on but to deny some Refs want certain teams to win or cover a spread and make calls accordingly are living in lala land.

You are probably one of those people who doesn't believe the the NBA commissioner conspired with his best friend to steal the Sonics out of Seattle.

Worse your logic is flawed. There were NO egregious calls in SB 48 but tell me there were NO egregious calls in SB 40. Find me something anywhere controversial about SB48.

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
Don't underestimate the power of a referee to turn over the game to benefit one team & penalize the other. It can make or break the team chances of winning or losing.

cymatica

Reaction score

No. Typical strawman argument that goes to the extreme end of one spectrum.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced the Saints game had any calls in there that were clearly wrong. I actually agreed with all of them, despite them all going against the Seahawks. The DK fumble being the hardest to take but can see the validity in the call.
The Oakland forward progress call on the fumble though was just off the scale ineptitude officiating.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks crap the bed against the Rams really bad today, the upside is the conspiracy stuff will die down fast.

You dudes who watch this stuff and get emotionally invested in it yet strongly believe in some significant level of conspiracy are wild.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Saints game is gonna come back and haunt us. The NFL will do everything in their power to set up Aaron Rodgers for that last playoff spot

Spohawks

Reaction score
By who? Is there some global regulating agency that makes this decree? Honest question. Please site if so.
In the 1920's the NFL switched from being classified as a sport, to being classified "entertainment".

With all "sports", like boxing for example...there are rules and commisions to make sure those rules are followed.

With entertainment, its a free for all. No rules and EXACTLY like a Broadway play, you can make your entertainment as realistic or cheesy fake as you want.

The NFL has chosen to make it appear real by having announcers narrating and refs making sure "everything is legit".

But to answer your question above...When a person or group decides to start a company, the state asks what "Category" will the company fall under.

Just a few examples...Construction, healthcare, entertainment, lawn care and MANY MORE. Its an almost endless list due to subsections.

So the NFL simply clicks the entertainment section and they are off and running, its all a play, they can do what they want.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FFS every team in the league complains about the refs, we're hardly alone in this regard. Maybe instead of complaining about the Raiders game, perhaps pay attention to the close to 300 yards on the ground we gave up? Or what about losing to every team in the worst division in football, the NFC South? Even the 31st ranked rushing team at the time, the Bucs were able to run all over us.

What about the numerous lucky breaks that the Seahawks got from the refs, specifically in the Rams game?

We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being in the position. Blame the refs all you want, but at the end of the day we put ourselves in this position. Stop crying about the refs and maybe start focusing on the piss poor play that we've had on defense this season, and most every year since 2017.

We are the reason that we need to rely on the Lions to win the game for us. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

You've spent countless amounts of time complaining about the perceived slights against the Seahawks, but you've failed to mention the times we've gotten lucky with calls. In the end it all is a wash.
You "Don't Know What to Say" because you've bought the idea that there's no way in hell that the powers that be in the NFL would EVER steer games.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If you are right, must see tv will need the Seahawks to lose setting up a “win and in” game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
In the end we lost due to our own failings, not the refs. Funny how when weird calls go our way nobody here complains. In the Rams game I saw ZERO people complain about the calls that went our way.

Ya’ll are not consistent, instead you’re crying and complaining about grand NFL conspiracies against the Seahawks. But of course mentioning the calls that go for us would go against your narrative.
Those "Calls That go Our Way" is to give the APPEARANCE that they are being on the up & up, IF you were paying attention though, you'd notice that MOST of those calls that went "Our Way" in those TIGHT LOSSES were of little consequence as the game had already been Determined/Steered. You are in denial of Corruption that takes place in just about every facet of our lives, and yes, that includes SOME steering that goes on in the NFL.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The league is predicated by a Script.

The Script can be amended throughout the season, but the purpose of the Script is to generate the highest ratings, highest interest, resulting in increased profits.

The NFL doesn't have to pay taxes. Billionaire owners force local tax payers to pay for billion dollar stadiums.

The entire machine is corrupt and is intended only to generate more money for the owners. Sheep like us have shelled out money for years, lining their pockets.

The Script currently has the Bills as Superbowl winners.

The Script had the Patriots win after 9/11. The Script had the Saints win shortly after Katrina. The Script had Bettis go out on top by spoon feeding XL to the Stealers.

The referees are the ones paid to make sure the Script stays on track. The amount of control an NFL ref has is astounding. A team can sack a QB to force 4th and 20, and it can all get wiped out by an illegal contact call for an automatic 1st down. A large play on offense can be wiped away by a phantom holding call (ie SB XL multiple times).

It is our duty to resist the machine and destroy the concept of the Script.

Let's Fly

Last edited:

Weadoption

Reaction score
The league is predicated by a Script.

The Script can be amended throughout the season, but the purpose of the Script is to generate the highest ratings, highest interest, resulting in increased profits.

The NFL doesn't have to pay taxes. Billionaire owners force local tax payers to pay for billion dollar stadiums.

The entire machine is corrupt and is intended only to generate more money for the owners. Sheep like us have shelled out money for years, lining their pockets.

The Script right now currently has the Bills as Superbowl winners as of this moment.

The Script had the Patriots win after 9/11. The Script had the Saints win shortly after Katrina. The Script had Bettis go out on top by spoon feeding XL to the Stealers.

The referees are the ones paid to make sure the Script stays on track. The amount of control an NFL ref is astounding. A team can sack a QB for force 4th and 20, and it can all get wiped out by an illegal contact call for an automatic 1st down. A large play on offense can be wiped away by a phantom holding call (ie SB XL multiple times).

It is our duty to resist the machine and destroy the concept of the Script.

Let's Fly
You need your Script refilled at the pharmacy.

Weadoption

Reaction score
If the league truly wanted to steer games and control outcomes they would have to eliminate the concept of a turnover from existence in the game.
Penalties and bad calls are trivial compared to fumbles and interceptions, all else being equal.
XL was sickening for the Seahawks from an officiating standpoint, but turnovers factored in there big time as well.

James in PA

Reaction score
Here we go, everything setting up nicely for the Stealers.