Roster cut announcements have begun

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3nqq23et said:
Seahwkgal":3nqq23et said:
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

You don't have to be a GM or front office employ to use your eyeballs and recognize when talent has been cut. Remember Michael Bennett?
That was not THIS FO. Carroll didn't arrive until after he was let go.
Anyways my point was: No need to get stressed out over this. They have their jobs for a reason. Once in a while they do make a mistake but one thing is for certain on this message board is melt-downs. It's frickin' so predictable and comical at times. It really is.

Rat

Reaction score
Darboh was never getting cut. Our front office thought highly enough of him to use a third round pick just a few months ago.

I was thrilled when we made the pick, and am glad Darboh stuck. He's an absolute gamer who will contribute much more quickly than most think.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
BeaHUman":3tcgtqae said:
.com says Williams was 'waived/Injured' is that an attempt to protect him for the PS?

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/09/02 ... man-roster

Yeah, question for someone (because I don't know off the top of my head) -- How does the Waived/Injured Status affect/impact a player like a Kasen Williams and Pierre Desir specifically?

ARE they attempting to sneak them back onto the Practice Squad ... only to sign them back to the active roster at some point? Just curious. Thoughts?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
renofox":p6bwlif6 said:
informational:

Teams are able to waive an injured player. Other teams can claim any player on the Waived/Injured list. If players clear their waivers, which most players do, their original team can either put them on the IR list or come to an injury settlement agreement and part ways.

Ahhh ... thank you for that. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2k25fcal said:
Good luck.

I'm betting Darboh produces less than Collins did.

Why do you have such blind hate on Darboh? It's actually kind of weird.

Rat

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2qtfkv4k said:
Anyways my point was: No need to get stressed out over this. They have their jobs for a reason. Once in a while they do make a mistake but one thing is for certain on this message board is melt-downs. It's frickin' so predictable and comical at times. It really is.

We're passionate fans, among the best in professional sports. We'll occasionally have emotional reactions, and that's a great thing. I enjoy the critical analysis: sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, but what's the point of watching if we can't speculate a little? I don't see anyone in here claiming to know more than Carroll and Schneider. Disagreeing with them isn't tantamount to saying they think they'd do a better job running the team.

mikeak

Reaction score
Everybody brings up Pope and ignores Spencer Ware

There are more examples but every year people that gets cut gets picked up and end up surprising. Kasen and Desir are definite borderline players that may very well be really good somewhere. The question is always who would you have cut instead and how would they have worked out?

A drafted guy gets a little bit of a benefit of the doubt because the FO scouted him and has seen way more than a couple pre-season games

I am surprised but really hope they made the right choice.

Also remember it is possible both Darbouh and Kasen ends up with a good season...

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1adkwqr7 said:
Good luck.

Are you willing to bet Darboh will be less productive in his first two seasons than Kasen Williams was? I'll take Darboh all day long to catch more than 1 pass for 8 yds in two seasons.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Blind hate?

I dislike it when guys get kept because of their draft slot instead of their ability in games.

Darboh very well might produce in 2+ years but nobody cares because we are looking at a closing window and have to be all in for this year.

And guys like him don't produce in Year 1.

It isn't blind hate, it is disdain for stupid decisions made because of stupid decisions made earlier. I got asked the same thing about Collins last year and the same answer applies - because keeping someone that cannot help us instead of keeping someone that CAN help us is annoying, if not outright frustrating.

Darboh is likely a very nice person. I don't care. He isn't going to help us, shouldn't be on the team and won't do anything being on this team. Just like Collins, because he was kept for the same reason that Collins was.

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":1h15b4gt said:
Everybody brings up Pope and ignores Spencer Ware

There are more examples but every year people that gets cut gets picked up and end up surprising. Kasen and Desir are definite borderline players that may very well be really good somewhere. The question is always who would you have cut instead and how would they have worked out?

A drafted guy gets a little bit of a benefit of the doubt because the FO scouted him and has seen way more than a couple pre-season games

I am surprised but really hope they made the right choice.

Also remember it is possible both Darbouh and Kasen ends up with a good season...

Ware was cut for off the field reasons. He was on the team for a year.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fmz01lcj said:
Blind hate?

I dislike it when guys get kept because of their draft slot instead of their ability in games.

Darboh very well might produce in 2+ years but nobody cares because we are looking at a closing window and have to be all in for this year.

And guys like him don't produce in Year 1.

It isn't blind hate, it is disdain for stupid decisions made because of stupid decisions made earlier. I got asked the same thing about Collins and the same answer applies - because keeping someone that cannot help us instead of keeping someone that CAN help us is annoying, if not outright frustrating.

Darboh is likely a very nice person. I don't care. He isn't going to help us, shouldn't be on the team and won't do anything being on this team. Just like Collins, because he was kept for the same reason that Collins was.

So, developing players is stupid to you, essentially. You know many of our starters we have now we're brought up in time, right? Not every third/fourth/fifth round pick is a star over night. . . And yet, we still won a super bowl and went to another.

I'm glad PCJS don't care about your frustrations.

Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":nhqltp2d said:
TwistedHusky":nhqltp2d said:
Good luck.

Not blind hate IMO. Compare username to receiver let go = answer.

I liked the Darboh pick but was quite disappointed in what he showed (or didn't show). I thought Williams stole the show and flat out won the spot myself. An injury could explain this, but that seems unclear at this point.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I dont understand the logic of being upset that Kasen was cut after 3 years of nothing and being upset that they kept Darboh.

Why allow Kasen the 3 years of development and not Darboh?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
LolaRox":2kuoukv6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/904144294973390848[/tweet]

Pete's whole compete mantra takes a hit when a played like kasen, who competed as best he could and produced gets cut.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Seymour":2fq5c2lv said:
Coug_Hawk08":2fq5c2lv said:
TwistedHusky":2fq5c2lv said:
Good luck.

Not blind hate IMO. Compare username to receiver let go = answer.

I liked the Darboh pick but was quite disappointed in what he showed (or didn't show). I thought Williams stole the show and flat out won the spot myself. An injury could explain this, but that seems unclear at this point.

I honestly thought Kasen would make the team over Darboh, too. I'm not even defending Darbohs play (that we have seen), but I can understand and appreciate why he is still on the roster. All in all, no reason to really be upset either way in my eyes.

Certainly no reason to trash our 3rd round pick relentlessly.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Correction also made to Pierre Desir transaction

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/904146006689726467[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/904144294973390848[/tweet]

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lest we forget: The Hawks also let go of Ron Parker.
:stirthepot:

massari

Reaction score
I guess Williams and Desir weren't as good as we thought.