Russ Fatigue

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This sign that my wife bought for the dining room kinda sums up my attitude coming from Russ the last year:

61VJYf1xNVL AC SY355

Throwdown

Reaction score
I’m over him after this off-season just over it. It’s been two off seasons of complaining and he still played like dog puke by mid season. The cringy Kobe videos when he could never be in the same realm as Kobe as an athlete.

The #LetRussCook movement ruined this team, and I hate all of you that called for it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god, get over it. The crap people get worked up over. Are people really this miserable that they care one bit what a guy does away from the field? How is it impacting your life? Is has ZERO impact on how he plays on the field. You guys need to get out more.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
ddores":l00877br said:
I know, I know - franchise dude and all, protect and retain him at all costs - yada yada yada.

Love me some number 3 - but honestly, I get tired of this stuff:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entert...son-and-wife-worshipping-in-church-goes-viral

Am I alone? Just sling the rock for F sakes.

Let me get this straight. You went out and either searched for or are subscribed to something that led you to this article and then are complaining as if it was something shoved down your throat? Seriously, if there was a post that represented all the entitlement memes out there, this would be one. It's like going to the store and buying only chocolate chip ice cream and when you get home, complaining that you only have chocolate chip ice cream. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

To answer your question, I have a feeling you aren't alone, unfortunately there are a lot more like you out there.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IMO....Russ is the best thing to happen to the Seahawks since 2012. Russ is paid by the Seahawks primarily for playing QB. You are free to ignore his private life if you find it offending.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ddores":38gsoqy2 said:
Let me get this straight. You went out and either searched for or are subscribed to something that led you to this article and then are complaining as if it was something shoved down your throat? Seriously, if there was a post that represented all the entitlement memes out there, this would be one. It's like going to the store and buying only chocolate chip ice cream and when you get home, complaining that you only have chocolate chip ice cream. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

To answer your question, I have a feeling you aren't alone, unfortunately there are a lot more like you out there.

You my good sir get Aros' Gold Star of the Day for using cognitive dissonance in a sentence.

Clap

pmedic920

Reaction score
The Pete Carrol era has been the absolutely best time to be a Seahawks fan.
No one can argue with any any credibility that there has been a better time in Seahawk history.
Russ can not be disputed as the most successful QB to date.

Personally I’ve been a fan since the expansion was announced (1974 ish), and I think it’s completely silly to complain about the current success of this team.

I think I recall a statistic that says there is only one team with more success during the same total years. (Pats).

Anyone that thinks complaints about Russ’s off the field antics are valid should consider the current state of the Texans or past Steelers.

We got it purdy freaking good IMHO.

Anyone “fatigued” over Russ should consider taking a break, they need it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't follow him off the field because his personal life doesn't mesh with my values, therefore I am uninterested. Doesn't bother me.

xray

Reaction score
The posed glam pics with the missus are embarrassing . If he can't take this years team DEEP into post season he will most likely leave after this season . IMO

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros":2w0ot4uj said:
ddores":2w0ot4uj said:

You my good sir get Aros' Gold Star of the Day for using cognitive dissonance in a sentence.

Clap

Um - yea, sort of. I get it, there's been a bunch of Russ threads since the 'season of his discontent' here.

But, to say, and even minimize really - the fact that we DO follow players off the field is a bit disingenuous IMO.

I have his Jersey. I've followed him loosely since the start. I don't like the off field bullsh*t of other players - Clark, Rice, Sherman, Earl Thomas, Browner, and others who have sh*t the bed over the years.

Just because I respect his on-field performannce doesn't mean that I have to like this kind of stuff, the Mr. Unlimited, or stuff like naming his kid 'Win'. I think it's egotistical, and I have had several posts that I don't like that kind of team-last behavior.

To be clear, I was NOT talking about Russ the athlete - although I do think he's lost a step in the past few years as the spare tire grew.

I think that either 'supporting' or 'not supporting' an individual player ABSOLUTELY is 50% of what makes us 'like' a player or team (if they are a leader).

There's a reason that I don't have a Ray Lewis jersey, or a a number of others. 'Cause they are douchebags. Some people like these type of douchebags, and some buy their jersey's. I'm not.

My point: Russ used to keep this at a low boil. Not anymore - between that and the Oprah visit - just a bit too much for me at some points. It's a pattern, and it keeps repeating. And, I didn't really give a sh*t much until Mr. Unlimited threw the team (and more specifically the oline) under the bus after last season.

Goes to character. And not the type of character where you say 'my bad', and spend 2500 bucks buying the oline cheap ass TV's after you diss them.

Just my opinion - off field crap ABSOLUTELY affects both my opinion of him, and the team to a lesser extent. I think he's chasin the dolla bills next year anyways - so I'm not going to be surprised when/if the announcement comes. Like Earl and the Cowboys - that sh*t doesn't die - it just sleeps for a while.

;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This feels more like an anti-religion take, then an anti-Russell take.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this time of year we get Russell news 24/7 all day err day. So not sure what triggered this sort of "I gotta put this in the forum I'm so mad!" response, but me think it's because he's in church?

Either way, I think Russell's corny as hell, but he's a REALLY good dude, a great husband and father.....and most importantly for us, the best QB in the history of our franchise that we will lament him being gone whenever he retires or leaves.

And when he does and we're back to the endless parade of Slappy McSlapperson's going 6-10? You'll be BEGGING for another QB that annoys you into the playoffs every single year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ke1l20wk said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but this time of year we get Russell news 24/7 all day err day. So not sure what triggered this sort of "I gotta put this in the forum I'm so mad!" response, but me think it's because he's in church?

Either way, I think Russell's corny as hell, but he's a REALLY good dude, a great husband and father.....and most importantly for us, the best QB in the history of our franchise that we will lament him being gone whenever he retires or leaves.

And when he does and we're back to the endless parade of Slappy McSlapperson's going 6-10? You'll be BEGGING for another QB that annoys you into the playoffs every single year.

Exhibit A why I still come around.

Fox0r

Reaction score
lol, OP you are really getting upset over this?

It literally impacts you in zero way. Maybe you should ask yourself why you're so miserable that you need to go on a message board and complain about your contempt for someone you don't even know. It's weird.

Millions of people bow in prayer. Who gives a flying F? What's more annoying is the morons taking pictures of people while they are praying. Pretty sure you should be focused on God in church, not snapping photos of people.

Big whoopie, it's a quarterback and singer in church. They are human beings, just like everyone else, with a job. They bleed the same, crap the same, die the same as everyone else.

If insecure people didn't have such an obsession with idolizing people, perhaps this wouldn't even be "news".

Moving on..

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ilmadbz said:
Dear god, get over it. The crap people get worked up over. Are people really this miserable that they care one bit what a guy does away from the field? How is it impacting your life? Is has ZERO impact on how he plays on the field. You guys need to get out more.

Agreed. Goodness. Maybe if he was a jerk and breaking the law, people would give him a pass.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wx4itmp said:

Exactly

Heaven forbid he's going to church instead of doing drugs and getting arrested like so many other players do.

xray

Reaction score
He may be a future HOF guy down the road . But now is now . In post season games for 5 years...Wilson wilts . Win the division 1st Russ , and don't wilt again if you do . No MVP-No top rank All Pro either . The big games are too much for him .In The 2 SB's, he rode the coat-tails of a dominate D and running game . Since then ? Embarrassing playoffs . IMO