Russ Fatigue

knownone

Reaction score
Throwdown":2bajd8zv said:
I’m over him after this off-season just over it. It’s been two off seasons of complaining and he still played like dog puke by mid season. The cringy Kobe videos when he could never be in the same realm as Kobe as an athlete.

The #LetRussCook movement ruined this team, and I hate all of you that called for it.
This. I wouldn't mind it if Russ backed up the talk, but given how things played out, it really felt like he was blaming other people for his poor play. Then we had the obnoxious cognitive dissonance among the #LetRussCook crowd. It started as not passing the ball enough, but when passing more didn't work, they pivoted into a weird semantical argument about how it was never about passing more and actually about Pete.

Russell has always reminded me of a mid-level brand ambassador. He's a good dude, but in trying to create his brand, he's constantly trying to sell us an image of something he is not. He has not earned the credentials of a Brady, Kobe, Jeter, Lebron, etc. that's not to say he won't, at some point, but it's hard's to take him seriously when his entire public persona is based on that marketing gimmick.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
xray":1kpvxxnw said:
He may be a future HOF guy down the road . But now is now . In post season games for 5 years...Wilson wilts . Win the division 1st Russ , and don't wilt again if you do . No MVP-No top rank All Pro either . The big games are too much for him .In The 2 SB's, he rode the coat-tails of a dominate D and running game . Since then ? Embarrassing playoffs . IMO

"Dominate" is an verb, not an adjective. You'll sound more convincing if you write accurately... well, maybe not with takes like this.

Amazing QBs still need fantastic defenses or at least good ones to couple with stellar offensive play if they wish to win it all. Football is not a one-man show. Receivers still need to get open, the running game needs holes and explosiveness, and the ball still needs to bounce the right way.

Fox0r

Reaction score
The thing here is that Russ is such a stand-up citizen that all of the people who are insecure about their own existences have to find things to nitpick about him in order to feel better about their own lack of achievements and impact.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pi2ttyg said:
This feels more like an anti-religion take, then an anti-Russell take.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this time of year we get Russell news 24/7 all day err day. So not sure what triggered this sort of "I gotta put this in the forum I'm so mad!" response, but me think it's because he's in church?

Either way, I think Russell's corny as hell, but he's a REALLY good dude, a great husband and father.....and most importantly for us, the best QB in the history of our franchise that we will lament him being gone whenever he retires or leaves.

And when he does and we're back to the endless parade of Slappy McSlapperson's going 6-10? You'll be BEGGING for another QB that annoys you into the playoffs every single year.

Yeah if only he were more of any egotistical locker room cancer like so many other players we'd be better off. :roll:

getnasty

Reaction score
I like it much better then the photos of him posing like Tito Jackson back in the day.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL

Jim Zorn Hurt, what are we going to do, we have Steve Myer, oh shit he got his neck broken, what are we going to do? Dave Krieg, he's a nobody, he wasn't drafted, he is gonna suck.

Oh no, Dave Krieg gone, we traded for Kelly Stouffer, Stouffer can pass from his Butt, but he sucks, Stan Gelbaugh, John Freize, Warren Moon, now what, we suck, Jon Kitna, oh no he was not resigned, Trent Dilfer, he sucks, Matt Hasselbeck, he has a noodle arm, wait a Savior, Clip Board Jesus, oh no he sucks too, TJack, he's a winner he was in Minny with Darrell Bevel, if he was bad they would not have signed him, of crap he can't see two sides of the field, crap now what, that Short Midget from Wisconsin Russell Wilson, what the hell did we do?

Yeah we Bitch and Bitch and Bitch, NO MATTER WHO we have as QB.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
xray":102bzpv6 said:
He may be a future HOF guy down the road . But now is now . In post season games for 5 years...Wilson wilts . Win the division 1st Russ , and don't wilt again if you do . No MVP-No top rank All Pro either . The big games are too much for him .In The 2 SB's, he rode the coat-tails of a dominate D and running game . Since then ? Embarrassing playoffs . IMO

Any QB would struggle with some of those game plans though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Great QB.

Really weird dude.

but not a bad dude so don't care.

massari

Reaction score

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I respect Russ.
He has motivated me to change some bad habits in my life.
I use some (not all) of his mantra and cliches at work. He taught me a lot and will always appreciate everything he's done to indirectly motivate me.

Thank you Russell

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":6ohp3tu1 said:

Wilson's already 11th all time in playoff wins, and by the time his career's over he'll be at least top 5, if not top 2-3.

I've been a fan since 1976, so I'll NEVER get tired of making the playoffs every year and having that hope........that hope for 80% of my Seahawk lifetime never existed.

Idk how anyone can have fatigue over a guy who every year takes us from being a 7-9 team to a playoff and division contender.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have “Russ fatigue “. I have fatigue from those in this fan base who routinely bash the best most successful QB this franchise HAS EVER had!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, this seems more like the media's fault. Why are they writing articles about a person and his wife going to church? That isn't newsworthy at all. But hey it's the media. That's what they do. They report on stupid shit.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":6cjdu33u said:
xray":6cjdu33u said:

Any QB would struggle with some of those game plans though.

not to mention the whole "In post season games for 5 years...Wilson wilts " Is FACTUALLY wrong
in the last 5 years we have pleys 6 post season games. Lets look at a fewe Qbs playoffs over the last 5 years

in order by Qb rating 75% over 100 qb rating

In order by Qb rating 50% over 100

In order by Qb rating 25% over 100

In order by Qb rating 66% over 100

Last I checked over 100 is outstanding and in 4 of the 6 he was way over 100

Le me help you one of these is Wilson, one is Brady, one is the new 58 mil dollar man Allen, and 1 is the supposed Golden boy Mahomes

So as I said Factually the statement "In post season games for 5 years...Wilson wilts " is WRONG

As to all the exposure have you bothered to check out Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson etc etc. When you are a TOp player in any sport you could just take a walk and someone will say something get over it at lest you dont hear about him doing what Watson has be accused of or eve Sherman.

Seymour

Reaction score
How sad people let absolutely nothing like this get under their skin.

Here is an idea.....

Just watch the game for F sakes!!!

John63

Reaction score
Throwdown":jr8mgoc0 said:
I’m over him after this off-season just over it. It’s been two off seasons of complaining and he still played like dog puke by mid season. The cringy Kobe videos when he could never be in the same realm as Kobe as an athlete.

The #LetRussCook movement ruined this team, and I hate all of you that called for it.

Yea I am sure you would rather have Rodgers off Season or Watson's FYI you might want to have the facts straight

You said "It’s been two off seasons of complaining, and he still played like dog puke by mid-season. " So presuming you mean after mid-season so games 9-16

66% complt, 12 tds, 92 Qb rating, 248 rushing yards and 1 td is far from Dog puke

64% complt, 14tds,m 98 Qb rating, 160 yards rushing again far from Dob Puke

When he has a 2nd half below 90% then complain till then know your facts

As to the hate, do you really think any of us care who you hate. If your factless feeling about letting Russ cook is why you hate people, I feel sorry for you. I don't hate anyone on this board even though I think there are a lot of .. lets say questionable people out there. I am sorry for you.

Smellyman

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1n92ma0z said:
Unless I'm missing something, this seems more like the media's fault. Why are they writing articles about a person and his wife going to church? That isn't newsworthy at all. But hey it's the media. That's what they do. They report on stupid $h!t.

Yes, why would a weird CBN Christian perspective 'Learn about Jesus' site do such a thing?

The Breh

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":lxdue8jw said:
xray":lxdue8jw said:

"Dominate" is an verb, not an adjective. You'll sound more convincing if you write accurately... well, maybe not with takes like this.

Amazing QBs still need fantastic defenses or at least good ones to couple with stellar offensive play if they wish to win it all. Football is not a one-man show. Receivers still need to get open, the running game needs holes and explosiveness, and the ball still needs to bounce the right way.
Is dominate *a* verb, or "an" verb?
Since we're gonna keep it all the way funky on the grammar.