Russ Tonight

Fade

Reaction score
Lot's of underneath throws and a completed ball over the middle on a 3rd and long when they had to have it. I was told Wilson was too short to do these things in Seattle. When it was clearly the system.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Same corny ass interview but the Bills are a mess. Denver is playing well but they still suck and played a broken Buffalo team

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Lot's of underneath throws and a completed ball over the middle on a 3rd and long when they had to have it. I was told Wilson was too short to do these things in Seattle. When it was clearly the system.
Would be ironic if you were part of the "waah Pete is holding him back" crowd when Peyton is using a similar conservative offence now.

Fade

Reaction score
Watching Sean Payton tonight has got me thinking.

Pete lets guys be themselves, and in some cases it is for the worst. Amplifying them.

Earl went off the rails.

Mike Bennett was reading books in meetings.

Angry Doug Baldwin, got well… angrier.

Sherman loved to run his mouth, ran it even more, eventually screaming at the coaches on the sidelines.

The Seahawks led the league in holdouts during the L.O.B era, etc.

Sean Payton meanwhile, put Wilson in his place, told him to stop being a politician, and stop kissing so many babies. Gave him the structure and discipline he needed to get his career back on track.

Pete creates monsters. Good and bad.

D.K. could be next. Pete loves stoking the fire.

Fade

Reaction score
Would be ironic if you were part of the "waah Pete is holding him back" crowd when Peyton is using a similar conservative offence now.

The offense is not similar is the point. Wilson was Rocky, he is now fighting like Apollo Creed.

He threw more checkdowns in this game, then he ever did for an entire month in Seattle.

hoxrox

Reaction score
These underneath throws looked like dump offs to the RB on broken plays.

Middle of the field throws (slants/crossers) was not something he did regularly in Seattle.

Payton called a game manager type game plan with a lot of runs to make it easier on the QB.. Payton is no dummy. He knows what he has.

knownone

Reaction score
Russ averaged 3.4 yards per air attempt tonight. The dink-and-dink offense is alive in Denver.

Props to the Broncos for winning this one because this felt about as unlikely as it could possibly get.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I need a bad game out of the Buffalo D for f fantasy purposes so I can't cheer for Russ turnovers. :(

On another note, for fellow old-timers, my friends and I are referring to Dalton Kincaid as Reuben Kincaid
Reuben Kincaid... yeah, the Partridge Family's manager dude!
I actually guessed that correctly before I looked it up to verify... SAD how old I am. So you are hanging out at the senior center?
In the show Reuben had a funny, whiny kind of voice IIRC.

keasley45

Reaction score

Way to pick the times he rarely does it. Guarantee you if you pull the stats, he's still near league leading in fewest number of throws over the middle. And utilizing TEs? They are 31st in the league.

And the outlets / underneath stuff? He throws them because he can't hit the wr routes with regularity. He simoly will not throw if his guy isnt WIDE open because, well, you pick the reason. Look up NextGen stats. Russ is 34th in the league in aggressive throws (defined as throws into tight coverage). Wasnt that also something he was supposedly forbidden to do in Seattle?

Against the Chiefs, 9 of his 12 completions all game were behind the LOS. That translates to 3 completions beyond 0 yards... all game.

Kudos to Sean for keeping him within his game manager sweet spot and relying on his defense, ground game, and complimentary ball (sound familiar?). And, of course waiting for opponents to make enough mistakes to lose.

250 million for an 8 ypcatch average. What's that? 32.5 mill per yard averaged? Good deal! And that's high for Russ this year.

These are textbook 'Pete managing Russ' styled wins. Sean just wont let him scramble drill his way to yards.

Against the Bills:

Den RBs - 9 catches, 70 yards
All Den WRs - 12 catches 102 yards
All others - 3 catches for the TEs for the remaining 21

Last game against the Chiefs

DEN RBs - 7 catches 35 yards
All Den WRs - 5 catches 79 yards
All others- no catches for TEs

But go ahead and circle the TDs and RTG. Feels better that way.

250 million per annum... for sub Alex Smith performance.

And he doesn't have the most injured o-line in the league contributing to a slump (yet still is 3rd highest in the league in sacks). Nor does he have 2 key contributing WRs being integrated into the offense and making their share of miscues. And, he doesn't have a 1st time play caller making mistakes. He has Sean Payton.

And the above stats are him 'playing really well'

6.9 yards per average for the year. But he's not alone in the bottom 10 or so in the league in that category. He and D Watson, the other 250 mill 'elite' qb in the bottom 10 or so in the leeague are keeping the Desmond Ritters and Z Wilson's company. Watson can at least claim injury as a contributor.

No thanks.

Hats off to Payton for coaching his way to 4 wins so far. It's brilliant work. And I mean that sincerely. Much respect. Vintage 'you cant win the game in the 1st qtr...' type stuff.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
These underneath throws looked like dump offs to the RB on broken plays.

Middle of the field throws (slants/crossers) was not something he did regularly in Seattle.

Payton called a game manager type game plan with a lot of runs to make it easier on the QB.. Payton is no dummy. He knows what he has.
Lots of shovel passes, dumpoffs, and short loopers over top of the Bills.
Russ seemingly has picked up some moves from Paddy Mahomes...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Watching Sean Payton tonight has got me thinking.

Pete lets guys be themselves, and in some cases it is for the worst. Amplifying them.

Earl went off the rails.

Mike Bennett was reading books in meetings.

Angry Doug Baldwin, got well… angrier.

Sherman loved to run his mouth, ran it even more, eventually screaming at the coaches on the sidelines.

The Seahawks led the league in holdouts during the L.O.B era, etc.

Sean Payton meanwhile, put Wilson in his place, told him to stop being a politician, and stop kissing so many babies. Gave him the structure and discipline he needed to get his career back on track.

Pete creates monsters. Good and bad.

D.K. could be next. Pete loves stoking the fire.
Damn man, you truly do make ALL posts about bashing Pete. It's kind of impressive how consistent you are.

Latest posts