Russ was lying about being ready from finger injury

Rat

Reaction score
I'm ready to move on, but I dont have any issues with this. I'm sure the team docs cleared him, and Geno was absolute trash in his place. In retrospect, yeah he probably should have waited another week or two.

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2onzso83 said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/12/23/22852435/russell-wilson-admits-definitely-wasnt-100-returning-from-finger-injury

How many games did his lie cost the team?
While he never said he was 100% he said it was "dang close"
All that was clearly BS..He should have sat out the season.
I'm done with the guy now period.All his quotes can go where
the sun don't shine.
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... -beginning

Okay first he did not lie. Let me explain to you what it would take for him to play.

1. The dr who did surgery would have to clear him
2. The team dr would have to clear him
3. PC would have to say okay.

The reality obviously all of them said he was ready and he felt he was. He was wrong that us not lying its called being wrong.

As to games lost well if PC felt they were better off with geno he would have gone with geno. He did not.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That #1 you put up I like...
I'm saying why does he say he's ok to play but then
after he loses 3 of the games..It's I wasn't ready?
So he LIED then..Come on!
Just stop with the excuses and move on.

themunn

Reaction score
He's not the first or last player who will play through an injury that hampered him.

I recall ET calling out Wagner for playing through injuries that clearly affected him during a loss where we were 40-0 down before he was pulled from the game.

In fact, we should get rid of any player on the Seahawks who would rather sit than get out there - it's up to the medical staff and coaches to determine in practice whether or not players are ready for game action

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2r3k1rj9 said:
That #1 you put up I like...
I'm saying why does he say he's ok to play but then
after he loses 3 of the games..It's I wasn't ready?
So he LIED then..Come on!
Just stop with the excuses and move on.

Okay then I guess you never said something you believed in and then found out you were wrong right? under your criteria you lied.

again reality

everyone involved thought he was good to go. they were all to include Wilson wrong. That does not make them lairs it makes them wrong.

John63

Reaction score
themunn":34pmo5xm said:
He's not the first or last player who will play through an injury that hampered him.

I recall ET calling out Wagner for playing through injuries that clearly affected him during a loss where we were 40-0 down before he was pulled from the game.

In fact, we should get rid of any player on the Seahawks who would rather sit than get out there - it's up to the medical staff and coaches to determine in practice whether or not players are ready for game action

This^^

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
This fanbase whines about a lot of stupid sh**.

Shaun Alexander is available every game for 6 straight years & puts up MVP type numbers but we don't like him because he was too soft.

Chris Carson tried to run over every defender he ever met but we don't like him because he's hurt too much.

Every player that ever sat out an extra game, especially in the final year of a contract, we don't like him because he's just not a team guy only thinking about his next contract. God forbid a player would ever hold out going into the final year of a contract because that's unforgiveable because of reasons.

Russell Wilson comes back too early from injury & we hate him because it's not about him being a team guy, he's just a dirty fu**ing liar.

Just about par for the course around here.

John63

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":ubonplsr said:

Shaun Alexander is available every game for 6 straight years & puts up MVP type numbers but we don't like him because he was too soft.

Chris Carson tried to run over every defender he ever met but we don't like him because he's hurt too much.

Every player that ever sat out an extra game, especially in the final year of a contract, we don't like him because he's just not a team guy only thinking about his next contract. God forbid a player would ever hold out going into the final year of a contract because that's unforgiveable because of reasons.

Russell Wilson comes back too early from injury & we hate him because it's not about him being a team guy, he's just a dirty fu**ing liar.

This^^

Rat

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":w43q1ozh said:

Weird that you expect an entire fan base to agree on things. In each of those cases, the detractors were a vast minority. One guy calls him a liar, and suddenly it's "par for the course" for this fanbase.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Drew Brees played through like 11 broken ribs last year. But then again, neither Drew nor his coaches made any pretense about him being 100 percent.

That's the difference, and that's why I side with IndyHawk on this. Russ was tweeting that the finger was NOT going to be an issue past the three weeks, everyone bought into it, and regardless of what he cost us the season and not Geno.

And to all the people saying Geno sucked, well he made a crucial fumble in one. But the last time he even started was several years ago. If we had rolled with Geno, it is probable that we would have been in exactly the same place or perhaps have won a couple more.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Rat":uwg7z6ji said:
Hockey Guy":uwg7z6ji said:

Weird that you expect an entire fan base to agree on things. In each of those cases, the detractors were a vast minority. One guy calls him a liar, and suddenly it's "par for the course" for this fanbase.

The last one is maybe just the OP's opinion but the others are pretty well widespread especially the 3rd one.

Rat

Reaction score
Some of it was probably just Russ trying to convince himself that his finger wouldn't be a problem; kind of a positive thinking kind of thing. He could be cleared to play, but we weren't really going to know until he got out there. It appears to have been an unwise gamble. Too bad Geno couldnt have given us more reason to be extra cautious with him.

Rat

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3gzvqbd4 said:
Rat":3gzvqbd4 said:
Hockey Guy":3gzvqbd4 said:

The last one is maybe just the OP's opinion but the others are pretty well widespread especially the 3rd one.

Is Carson not hurt too much? Great player when he can go, but it has been frustrating how often he's out, as it clearly has had a negative effect on the offense. "Hate" feels like a strong word for that. Guess its not his fault that nobody consistently steps up in his absence.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Rat":3j3x3rk5 said:
Some of it was probably just Russ trying to convince himself that his finger wouldn't be a problem; kind of a positive thinking kind of thing. He could be cleared to play, but we weren't really going to know until he got out there. It appears to have been an unwise gamble. Too bad Geno couldnt have given us more reason to be extra cautious with him.

Probably this^^^^^

We have to remember that Wilson looked down at his hand after it happened & didn't take himself out & even threw a pass with it, & we question his toughness & desire?

LTH

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":384wmotp said:

I agree

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Rat":2sxc6tp1 said:
Hockey Guy":2sxc6tp1 said:
Rat":2sxc6tp1 said:
Hockey Guy":2sxc6tp1 said:

Is Carson not hurt too much? Great player when he can go, but it has been frustrating how often he's out, as it clearly has had a negative effect on the offense. "Hate" feels like a strong word for that. Guess its not his fault that nobody consistently steps up in his absence.

I actually did not use "hate" except the last point about Wilson which was a mistake on my part. I meant to put "we don't like him" for symmetry purposes.

cymatica

Reaction score
Blame Pete, it's the coaches job to evaluate if he is ready. Of course Wilson will play if he can, but Pete should have made the decision to sit him when they had to eliminate plays under center for the green bay game.

It's not like they have Greenbays number, they play Seattle well. So why in the hell would a head coach neuter the offense in order to play an injured QB when you have a capable backup who was doing just fine?

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":29ddh4by said:
Blame Pete, it's the coaches job to evaluate if he is ready. Of course Wilson will play if he can, but Pete should have made the decision to sit him when they had to eliminate plays under center for the green bay game.

It's not like they have Greenbays number, they play Seattle well. So why in the hell would a head coach neuter the offense in order to play an injured QB when you have a capable backup who was doing just fine?

This^^^