Russ was lying about being ready from finger injury

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah he's a selfish prick if it's true about lying. We need to move on he's become toxic since marrying Ciara. Hopefully we can still muster a good haul for a shell of his former self.

chris98251

Reaction score
I blame Pete and Waldron.

Why Wilson prides himself on being mentally tough and a competitor, all athletes that are any good are, I wanted to play hurt when I played sports because that is how we are wired, to overcome obstacles and push yourself and get better.

Pete and Waldron should have been able to evaluate him at practice and see not the same Russell and hold him out, this was not ribs that can be protected, this was not an ankle that could be wrapped, it was a control and leverage finger on his throwing hand. Geno was improving and at least made us competitive and in his games we were right there.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't question how tough Russ is or his desire to compete.
I just feel like he saw Geno kick ass and wanted to get back out
there no matter what it takes or what he has to say to do it.
It obviously cost the team games and he waits till it's all over to
say "I wasn't ready" like some card out his pocket..I just can't
respect that and it feels dishonest.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":b62gg3qx said:

Agree with the statement, but it should have not been in his hands, why you have a coach that calls the shots, we all and I know they all could see that he couldn't throw like he should be able to.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3doo8iua said:

Geno had won loss record of 1-3 that’s hardly kicking ass. With his only win coming against the Jags, many colleges could most likely beat the Jags.

RW isn’t concerned that Geno is going to take his job. RW wanted to play because he knows he gives the Seahawks the best chance to win. PC knows it too. If PC thought Geno was better than 60-80% RW, Geno would have been playing. That he wasn’t speaks volumes.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":25elsouj said:
IndyHawk":25elsouj said:

Geno had won loss record of 1-3 that’s hardly kicking ass. With his only win coming against the Jags, many colleges could most likely beat the Jags.

RW isn’t concerned that Geno is going to take his job. RW wanted to play because he knows he gives the Seahawks the best chance to win. PC knows it too. If PC thought Geno was better than 60-80% RW, Geno would have been playing. That he wasn’t speaks volumes.

You are wrong I am sorry to say, history shows that he will play injured Vets ahead of healthy nonstarters, Adams last year a good example also with Neal playing lights out given the chance and go back further to our secondary with Sherman and Kam playing on one leg basically and our Lineman at times. He as Pete is loyal to a fault at times, hard line to walk given but he does it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
cymatica":1hrz4ykq said:
Blame Pete, it's the coaches job to evaluate if he is ready. Of course Wilson will play if he can, but Pete should have made the decision to sit him when they had to eliminate plays under center for the green bay game.

It's not like they have Greenbays number, they play Seattle well. So why in the hell would a head coach neuter the offense in order to play an injured QB when you have a capable backup who was doing just fine?

Can you imagine the absolute shitstorm that would be unleashed if Russell Wilson, publicly claiming to be ready and basically running a media campaign about how ready he is, was passed up for an actually-healthy Geno?

C'mon. C'mon now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1n83z32e said:
cymatica":1n83z32e said:
Blame Pete, it's the coaches job to evaluate if he is ready. Of course Wilson will play if he can, but Pete should have made the decision to sit him when they had to eliminate plays under center for the green bay game.

It's not like they have Greenbays number, they play Seattle well. So why in the hell would a head coach neuter the offense in order to play an injured QB when you have a capable backup who was doing just fine?

Can you imagine the absolute shitstorm that would be unleashed if Russell Wilson, publicly claiming to be ready and basically running a media campaign about how ready he is, was passed up for an actually-healthy Geno?

C'mon. C'mon now.

If you coach in the NFL and are worried about public opinion, you should be looking for another job.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":34adz40z said:
Maelstrom787":34adz40z said:
cymatica":34adz40z said:

C'mon. C'mon now.

If you coach in the NFL and are worried about public opinion, you should be looking for another job.

I really wasn't talking about the public's absolutely useless opinion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":tapbe853 said:
hawkfan68":tapbe853 said:
IndyHawk":tapbe853 said:

You are wrong I am sorry to say, history shows that he will play injured Vets ahead of healthy nonstarters, Adams last year a good example also with Neal playing lights out given the chance and go back further to our secondary with Sherman and Kam playing on one leg basically and our Lineman at times. He as Pete is loyal to a fault at times, hard line to walk given but he does it.

Geno wasn’t playing “lights out”. If he had been, then the argument of playing Geno over a not fully healed RW becomes more plausible.

toffee

Reaction score
All you guys were assuming Pete Carroll is capable of saying No to Russell Wilson, I am of the opinion that Wilson owns Pete Carroll.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":4a2km6hz said:
chris98251":4a2km6hz said:
hawkfan68":4a2km6hz said:
IndyHawk":4a2km6hz said:

Geno wasn’t playing “lights out”. If he had been, then the argument of playing Geno over a not fully healed RW becomes more plausible.

If Geno was playing lights out he would not be the backup. He was improving, when Russell stepped in the regression was obvious even to those waiting to evolve to Caveman status., Well except one poster here anyway.

xray

Reaction score
He might of come back a little early , but that finger has been healed for quite awhile by now . His passes have been inconsistent since his return . Maybe his finger is 100% healed ; but what if it didn't heal back to its original condition . That would explain why some of his throws are so far off at times . Maybe his grip is slightly different then what he was used to his whole football career . It wouldn't surprise me that his baseball grip might be slightly off too . Watch his facial reactions after a bad pass . He's clearly frustrated with himself . That finger injury could affect the rest of his career . IMO

toffee

Reaction score
xray":2bn7ayay said:
He might of come back a little early , but that finger has been healed for quite awhile by now . His passes have been inconsistent since his return . Maybe his finger is 100% healed ; but what if it didn't heal back to its original condition . That would explain why some of his throws are so far off at times . Maybe his grip is slightly different then what he was used to his whole football career . It wouldn't surprise me that his baseball grip might be slightly off too . Watch his facial reactions after a bad pass . He's clearly frustrated with himself . That finger injury could affect the rest of his career . IMO

Doubts and suspicions about his finger will serious affect his trade value this off season, it truly sucks. Pete and John ought to be fired for failing to trade Russ last off-season when teams were offering 4 first rounders. Fire Pete.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I would say pretty confidently that fans of the Seahawks want to see their star player play every game win or lose.
I would love to see Russell in at least another 50 games.
I'm pretty certain that the vast majority of Seahawks fans also hold this opinion.

I, like many fans of the game of football have no interest in the conjecture and what-ifs about some made up draft-pick scale of something or other.

strohmin

Reaction score
Wow this is ridiculous. I am not a big fan of Russ but he did what exactly he was supposed to do as an athelete. It is up to the doctor and Pete to make the right decisions. Pete himself used the finger as an excuse but still played him. If Russell really does listen to everything Pete says then Pete should have sat him if he felt there was any problem with his finger. I blame Russell for a lot of things but blaming him for this is ridiculous.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If the coach and Dr's ask how your feeling and are you good to go?
He says yes!Then it's on him for not being honest.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":38s7f4w6 said:
If the coach and Dr's ask how your feeling and are you good to go?
He says yes!Then it's on him for not being honest.

Did Russ' deficiencies show up in practice? How could they not? And if they did, could a DB tell him, as Sherm did once, that "you f--g suck"? Or has it been that way since 2015, 17, or whatever that no teammate is allowed to criticize them?