Sabrina Ionescu scores record 37 points to break WNBA & NBA record

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

LAS VEGAS -- The New York Liberty's Sabrina Ionescu broke WNBA and NBA records for most points in a 3-point shooting contest by hitting all but two of her treys in the final round of Friday's competition, which kicked off 2023 WNBA All-Star weekend.

Ionescu's 37 out of a possible 40 points surpass the single-round record of 31 in the NBA (done by Stephen Curry in 2021 and Tyrese Haliburton in 2023) and 30 in the WNBA (Allie Quigley in 2022).

Baby girl's cold. She missed 2 shots. :oops:

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
But also to note NBA and WNBA 3pt line is a big difference.

True. Very important distinction. Thank you for your participation.

Did you know that, while it's true that the NBA 3 point line is longer than the WNBA's at its longest point, the WNBA's longest point is actually just slightly longer than the NBA line is at the corners? Personally, being not a huge basketball fan, I never realized that the 3 point line's distance from the hoop varies depending on what angle you're shooting from. I think that's interesting.

Of note, the average NBA player is 6'6" while the average WNBA player is just about 6'. I wonder if the difference in the length of the 3 point line correlates with that difference in height in any meaningfully precise way. Thoughts?

QWERTY

Reaction score
True. Very important distinction. Thank you for your participation.

Did you know that, while it's true that the NBA 3 point line is longer than the WNBA's at its longest point, the WNBA's longest point is actually just slightly longer than the NBA line is at the corners? Personally, being not a huge basketball fan, I never realized that the 3 point line's distance from the hoop varies depending on what angle you're shooting from. I think that's interesting.

Of note, the average NBA player is 6'6" while the average WNBA player is just about 6'. I wonder if the difference in the length of the 3 point line correlates with that difference in height in any meaningfully precise way. Thoughts?

QWERTY

Reaction score

I mean it's nice but theres a big difference between guarding a 4pt and letting not guarding someone.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

I mean it's nice but theres a big difference between guarding a 4pt and letting not guarding someone.

There's a big difference between a lot of things and a lot of other things but ol' girl can shoot.

Mix

Reaction score
Did they use an NBA regulation ball?

Mix

Reaction score
Being that you're the one that hit the cold pivot I assumed you had something in mind. I'm game for whatever!
I brought up equality, you brought up equity. I replied to your comment about equity.

Seems you understood the conversation fine, until you didn't.

If it is to difficult for you to continue we can just go our separate ways, no hard feelings.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I brought up equality, you brought up equity. I replied to your comment about equity.

Seems you understood the conversation fine, until you didn't.

If it is to difficult for you to continue we can just go our separate ways, no hard feelings.

Haha I understood everything just fine and so far none of it has been difficult. Just not sure where you're trying to go with it. But I'm here for it! Air your grievances!

Mix

Reaction score
Haha I understood everything just fine and so far none of it has been difficult. Just not sure where you're trying to go with it. But I'm here for it! Air your grievances!
If that was true you would of realized this was just where the conversation went and not a pivot by anyone, and you would of just continued with the natural path the conversation was going. Regardless the fact you are now in the belief that this is about airing grievances easily lets me know that you have in fact lost the current plot. I wish you and the WNBA continued success in your search for equity.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
From my view Zeb was trying to give some credit and acknowledge this woman’s achievement. Then good ole Q and you came in with the manly man take that she is good…for a woman, but not as good as the greatest 3 point shooter we ever seen.
So yeah , you took a thread meant to highlight her moment and you decided to get cute and spin it. The fact that the ball isn’t the same size or the 3 point line distance is not the gotcha moment in the discussion of equality that you think it is.