Sataoa Laumea at LG

GraceGod1988

Reaction score
News reports indicate Sataoa Laumea is lined up at LG so far at rookie mini camp. This seems like ideal plan to have him adjust to LG this year behind Laken Tomlinson. Next year with him at LG and Christian Haynes entrenched at RG will be a nice young guard duo. What do you think?

toffee

Reaction score
I spent draft capital on a RG, a position of low value. Now we may assign an undrafted free agent as our LG, a position of high value. John Schneider is mastering the art of moving in mysterious ways.

morgulon1

Reaction score
News reports indicate Sataoa Laumea is lined up at LG so far at rookie mini camp. This seems like ideal plan to have him adjust to LG this year behind Laken Tomlinson. Next year with him at LG and Christian Haynes entrenched at RG will be a nice young guard duo. What do you think?
I think I like that. I wonder what the chance is he wins LG this season?

sutz

Reaction score
Guys, guys, guys, this is a rookie training camp. Many of these guys won't even be here for Training camp come July. :)

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think Sataoa is going to have a nice, long career. He climbs the ladder so well, and he's got a hell of a punch.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This team hasn't developed any oline studs in many of year. Heck, they haven't even drafted any studs in years.
Damien Lewis just got $26 mil. guaranteed. If they hadn't moved him to left guard in year two in order to accommodate a rapidly declining veteran, I think that guaranteed number would have been much higher.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Damien Lewis just got $26 mil. guaranteed. If they hadn't moved him to left guard in year two in order to accommodate a rapidly declining veteran, I think that guaranteed number would have been much higher.
Most definitely. I understand the concept of versatility but it used to annoy the crap out of me when they played musical chairs with the O-Line. I remember thinking they needed to keep Ethan Pocic at Center because the guy they had at the time just wasn't cutting it. Lo and behold, Browns pick him up after the Hawks foolishly let him go for NOTHING, and he puts on a very good year before he got injured.

Jville

Reaction score
Players get hurt. Healthy players are moved around to get the best healthy 5 on the field. The better pass blocking guard is typically deployed on the blind side.

"Lewis is 6-2, and 327 pounds, so he fits the standard. He'll line up at left guard and be joined by the Panthers other free agent signing, Robert Hunt, who is 6-6, and 323 pounds at right guard. Austin Corbett will move in to center and provide point, at 6-4, 305 pounds."

Link >>> https://www.panthers.com/news/damie...-soul-and-nasty-protective-streak-to-carolina

Wppbbsiowzqomwanoutj
Sataoa can play both tackle and guard. Versatility has never been more important for a 17 game schedule.

Link to Sataoa rookie camp press conference >> https://www.seahawks.com/video/sata...compete-out-there-press-conference-may-4-2024

Last edited:

Oly

Reaction score
I love his willingness to move around, but I'm always nervous of having players switch sides. The footwork is so different and it takes ages for it to feel natural unless the person is naturally ambidextrous. It's possible he excels there, of course, but I'm more comfortable with a player switching positions on the same side.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
When he was drafted I was watching his tape and seeing how he moves, I think LG is his position with Haynes at RG, oh ya baby!