Seahawks-49ers Preview ... 5 Keys to Victory for the Hawks

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2ci2d8be said:
j hawk":2ci2d8be said:
Well done scanner. There are alot of good nuggets in that post. I also see the Hawks winning this one 30-17 ish. Go Hawks.

If the Seahawks actually do that -- win 30-17 (or somewhere in the nature of that, i.e. Win Convincingly) ... can you imagine what the National Talking Heads are going to be saying about this Seahawks team Monday morning? It'll blow their freaking minds.

I foresee it. This will be Jim Harbaugh's birthday, but it will be Russell Wilson's coming out party.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bestfightstory":8gbzd0ng said:
Hawkscanner":8gbzd0ng said:
j hawk":8gbzd0ng said:
Well done scanner. There are alot of good nuggets in that post. I also see the Hawks winning this one 30-17 ish. Go Hawks.

If the Seahawks actually do that -- win 30-17 (or somewhere in the nature of that, i.e. Win Convincingly) ... can you imagine what the National Talking Heads are going to be saying about this Seahawks team Monday morning? It'll blow their freaking minds.

I foresee it. This will be Jim Harbaugh's birthday, but it will be Russell Wilson's coming out party.
When the Hawks win, I plan to loudly add "and many more!" just for Jim's birthday, you know.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Scottemojo":g1ii4nxr said:
bestfightstory":g1ii4nxr said:
Hawkscanner":g1ii4nxr said:

When the Hawks win, I plan to loudly add "and many more!" just for Jim's birthday, you know.

I had a dream the entire stadium was Loudly singing in unison "Happy Birthday F _ _ _ you" "Happy Birthday _ U _ _ you"
"Happy Birthday Jim Harbaughhhhhhh." Hap-py Birthday _ _ C_ you"

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
All signs point to Justin Smith missing today's game -- an unbelievable break for the Hawks IMO and one that could have drastic consequences for the 49ers as far as their ability to generate a pass rush. It DOES sound like they're going to go with Ricky Jean Francois (4th year DT out of LSU) in his place. For those who are interested, here is an interesting article in yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle on him ...

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/21/jean-francois-steps-into-some-big-shoes/

Sounds like he could be the kind of late round sleeper (i.e. a Greg Scruggs) that the Hawks have been good at finding as well. He had a key sack of Brady on a 3rd and 15 late in last week's game ... hopefully he doesn't have the same kind of results today.

The more I've thought about things .. the more I've kept coming back to Marshawn Lynch and getting the run game going being such an important element to this game. In both of the last 2 meetings against the Niners ... Marshawn Lynch has averaged over 5.0 Yards/Carry and has gone over 100 yards against what is easily the best defense in the NFL. IF Bevell and company are successful getting that run game going again ... Russell Wilson and the Zone Read Option becomes incredibly hard (if not possible) to effectively defend/game plan for. If Lynch is going ... you have the play action pass that's going to work ... Russell Wilson's bootleg runs to contend with ... and (oh yeah by the way) Wilson can actually pass the ball as well. It all starts with getting the run game going though IMO.

You guys got any further thoughts on the game today as we approach game time?

pehawk

Reaction score
Scanner, I'm leaning towards the 49er defense being the unit with the issue. The Hawks will dictate to them.

I have a feeling the last 2 weeks had less to do with opposition, and more to do with the Hawks offensive maturation.