Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":aei7xmfi said:
SoulfishHawk":aei7xmfi said:
What's the word on Sanders? That dude is a beast imo.

Didn't practice. He went back to their weight room after the walkthrough.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/1...-updates-emmanuel-sanders-returns-to-practice

Beat me to it. Shan just seems maybe overly optimistic on injuries. I get that he doesn't want to tip his hand to the opponent, but with Kittle especially, he's been on all week talking about how that guy has played through all sorts of pain like it's a badge of honor. Maybe, but even people on the zone are saying it's not worth it to have a 50 percent Kittle and a more hurt Kittle for this one game given their brutal stretch ahead.

It's not just Shan. It's like if the team doesn't see something absolutely requiring surgery on MRI, nothing happened that Torodol can't fix. That's what the Jets did to their guard Osemele. They kept pumping him full of a drug that is way, way more risky to the kidneys/stomach long-term than Vicodin is and refused surgery. When it hurt too much and he got it, they fined him game checks then released him when he revealed his shoulder damage was far worse.

For us, that issue is Lockett. Trauma hospitals, especially quasi-public ones like Stanford, don't typically keep patients a couple nights before they're stable enough to fly an hour back to Seattle. We have a brutal stretch too with the Eagles possibly being the "easiest," so if there's any risk of aggrevating swelling on a three and some flight, best to sit him now rather than lose him in December.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":14e045fe said:
Maulbert":14e045fe said:
SoulfishHawk":14e045fe said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/1...-updates-emmanuel-sanders-returns-to-practice

Beat me to it. Shan just seems maybe overly optimistic on injuries. I get that he doesn't want to tip his hand to the opponent, but with Kittle especially, he's been on all week talking about how that guy has played through all sorts of pain like it's a badge of honor. Maybe, but even people on the zone are saying it's not worth it to have a 50 percent Kittle and a more hurt Kittle for this one game given their brutal stretch ahead.

It's not just Shan. It's like if the team doesn't see something absolutely requiring surgery on MRI, nothing happened that Torodol can't fix. That's what the Jets did to their guard Osemele. They kept pumping him full of a drug that is way, way more risky to the kidneys/stomach long-term than Vicodin is and refused surgery. When it hurt too much and he got it, they fined him game checks then released him when he revealed his shoulder damage was far worse.

For us, that issue is Lockett. Trauma hospitals, especially quasi-public ones like Stanford, don't typically keep patients a couple nights before they're stable enough to fly an hour back to Seattle. We have a brutal stretch too with the Eagles possibly being the "easiest," so if there's any risk of aggrevating swelling on a three and some flight, best to sit him now rather than lose him in December.

Dude.

Wut?

Really? You took this all the way to the Jets and Osemele? Kinda ludicrous.

" It's like if the team doesn't see something absolutely requiring surgery on MRI, nothing happened that Torodol can't fix."

Thats total BS. Kittle isn't ruled out because he wants to play and he is leaving the window open. They kept Kittle out even though he wanted to play. They even put him upstairs and not on the sideline so he didn't stand on that leg for 3 hours.

You are accusing the Niners of pumping players full of drugs to get them on the field...based on what exactly? They've had guys out all season. Hell for the last three years.

WTF are you even talking about?

I like best the part where the "evil" Niners put injured players in games but the "saintly" Seahawks take care of their guys at Stanford.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":20722k2j said:
They kept Kittle out even though he wanted to play. They even put him upstairs and not on the sideline so he didn't stand on that leg for 3 hours.

Didn't appear to have stopped him from standing most of the game.

(This is the only video I could find.)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1194129819325173760[/tweet]

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3e9qs36z said:
SantaClaraHawk":3e9qs36z said:
Maulbert":3e9qs36z said:
SoulfishHawk":3e9qs36z said:

Dude.

Wut?

" It's like if the team doesn't see something absolutely requiring surgery on MRI, nothing happened that Torodol can't fix."

Thats total BS. Kittle isn't ruled out because he wants to play and he is leaving the window open. They kept Kittle out even though he wanted to play. They even put him upstairs and not on the sideline so he didn't stand on that leg for 3 hours.

You are accusing the Niners of pumping players full of drugs to get them on the field...based on what exactly? They've had guys out all season. Hell for the last three years.

I like best the part where the "evil" Niners put injured players in games but the "saintly" Seahawks take care of their guys at Stanford.

I didn't say that. What I am saying is that teams across the league--not just the Niners--are putting forth a media narrative implying that players are presumed fit or at best short-term if there's not something big on MRI. For at least the past 10-15 years, teams all over have been injecting their players with something people are absolutely not supposed to be exposed to long-term. Because it's uncontrolled and "non-addictive" despite being dangerous. I would expect this for any team, yours, mine and everyone else's. It's slipping into the mainstream even.

If you replay Kittle up there in the box, you see him unsteady and sometimes almost balancing himself into the glass while appearing alert. And presumably, he's up there because the team decided it was too much of a risk to him to have him down at the sidelines where he could get hit, or standing for 3.5 hours. It's not realistic for him to go. Shan not only knew it, he said it, and the league's own site was among many to publish it. It's kinda weak for him to dial it back.

Finally, Hawks didn't take Lockett to a trauma center because they are saints or because it was just precautionary. You only go to a place like that because it's deemed you have to. Also, a public trauma center typically doesn't keep patients around just because. They only did it because it was that bad. If issues linger past the bye, then yes I hope we sit him.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3o5qw3zy said:
Marvin49":3o5qw3zy said:
SantaClaraHawk":3o5qw3zy said:
Maulbert":3o5qw3zy said:

Dude.

Wut?

I didn't say that. What I am saying is that teams across the league--not just the Niners--are putting forth a media narrative implying that players are presumed fit or at best short-term if there's not something big on MRI. For at least the past 10-15 years, teams all over have been injecting their players with something people are absolutely not supposed to be exposed to long-term. Because it's uncontrolled and "non-addictive" despite being dangerous. I would expect this for any team, yours, mine and everyone else's. It's slipping into the mainstream even.

If you replay Kittle up there in the box, you see him unsteady and sometimes almost balancing himself into the glass while appearing alert. And presumably, he's up there because the team decided it was too much of a risk to him to have him down at the sidelines where he could get hit, or standing for 3.5 hours. It's not realistic for him to go. Shan not only knew it, he said it, and the league's own site was among many to publish it. It's kinda weak for him to dial it back.

Finally, Hawks didn't take Lockett to a trauma center because they are saints or because it was just precautionary. You only go to a place like that because it's deemed you have to. Also, a public trauma center typically doesn't keep patients around just because. They only did it because it was that bad. If issues linger past the bye, then yes I hope we sit him.

If that's not what you are implying, then I apologize for my reaction, but came off a lot like what the Niners were doing was similar to the Jets and Osemele...which they aren't.

The Niners haven't really hesitated to keep guys out. I think Shanahans exact quote on Kittle was that if it were any other player he'd already have been deemed out. Kittle tho wants to play through it and they have to protect him from himself...which they did.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1k9fo7xs said:
Marvin49":1k9fo7xs said:
They kept Kittle out even though he wanted to play. They even put him upstairs and not on the sideline so he didn't stand on that leg for 3 hours.

lol.

Thats Kittle. They can only put him there, they can't make him sit. LOL.

I gotta admit...I love that guy. I mean obviously if you are a fan of a rival I can see not, but in any other case you gotta love a guy with that kind of energy and attitude.

The videos of him and Staley talkin like Canadians and him on "National TE Day" are freakin awesome.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":118twqsr said:
Sports Hernia":118twqsr said:
Marvin49":118twqsr said:
Sports Hernia":118twqsr said:
So your insinuation was as wrong. Go figure!
Marvin’s spin in 3....2.....1.....

1) And I owned up to it. Imagine that.
2) Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.
Only because Maul held your feet to the fire.

It took forever for you to finally admit you were a Niners homer instead of some guy with an unbiased opinion.

Crapollo = the Kraepper minus the speed and the arm, deal with it.

Oh really?

Seems to me I was the one who first stated it was likely a Niner fan.

Admit what? Huh? Dude...my name is Marvin49. Duh.

Jimmy got no fatal flaws. He's still alive.

More Marvin “Bill O’Reilly” 49 spin.

Enjoy Crapollo’s fatal flaws, we do!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zy4nfo6 said:
Maulbert":2zy4nfo6 said:
Marvin49":2zy4nfo6 said:

lol.

I gotta admit...I love that guy. I mean obviously if you are a fan of a rival I can see not, but in any other case you gotta love a guy with that kind of energy and attitude.

The videos of him and Staley talkin like Canadians and him on "National TE Day" are freakin awesome.

What I've seen of him, I can certainly see why you love him. Seems very genuine, maybe a little goofy. Brings to mind why I loved Russ when he got here. A lot of people said he was robotic, but I thought he was very earnest.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow...its like a breath of fresh air....

ignore.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
94Smith":3ckym36r said:
Somebody probably was hanging off of it and it broke. More likely to be a niners fan because that was what the majority of fans were that were there. Drunk people do stupid things
You nailed it. Kudos for being open minded, unlike some.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":17tg7513 said:
Marvin49":17tg7513 said:
Maulbert":17tg7513 said:
Marvin49":17tg7513 said:

lol.

What I've seen of him, I can certainly see why you love him. Seems very genuine, maybe a little goofy. Brings to mind why I loved Russ when he got here. A lot of people said he was robotic, but I thought he was very earnest.

Dude...he's not a little goofy...he's A LOT goofy. LOL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":3ch68q4j said:
Imagine if the 9ers had their last SB win trophy displayed in Bronze. It would be so scaled and green people would think it was a cucumber.
Their Lombardi trophies are so old, if they sprouted legs and walked into a bar they could all legally drink. 8)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Players wanna play if they're in a good situation. I don't blame them, but the player's willingness is not the only issue here. I saw the PFF on Staley, but like you I've been watching the guy for years, and he'd lost a step with the legs.

I get too that live games are how you can shake the rust off, but they didn't even dress Skule.

I doubt they do that again.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1mfq7qos said:
Players wanna play if they're in a good situation. I don't blame them, but the player's willingness is not the only issue here. I saw the PFF on Staley, but like you I've been watching the guy for years, and he'd lost a step with the legs.

I get too that live games are how you can shake the rust off, but they didn't even dress Skule.

I doubt they do that again.

I think you're right.

Whats interesting is that they didn't dress Skule, but the DID dress Brunskill. Skule was on the 53 to start the season. Brunskill was on the PS.

Staley is getting older and he had trouble in the preseason as well with Bradley Chubb. I honestly don't know how much is rust and how much is age. Bears watching.

They might be looking into Trent Williams in the offseason, but they have a lot of guys they'll need to pay in the very near future (Kittle, Buckner, Armstead, Ward, Sanders).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":w8m76952 said:
Sports Hernia":w8m76952 said:
Marvin49":w8m76952 said:
Sports Hernia":w8m76952 said:
Referring to #1 BS!

Referring to #2, so you think some damaging a statue (as bad as it is) is worse than hoping your rival team dies in a plane crash? Good to know where your priorities lie.

Referring to #3, BS, again. You’re a liar.

Referring to #4, Crappollo’s fatal flaw is he is an human turnover machine when pressured.
Enjoy the Kraepper 2.0 minus the speed and arm. We will.

1) I don't lie. Wanna call me a liar? Prove me wrong. Till then, go ____ yourself.
So being the “saintly fella” you like to pass yourself off as, I can only assume you marched right over to the denial zone and demanded that the mods delete that post, and chastised your fellow a Niner fans for not calling out the poster? Right?

The mods must have of all went to bed because it’s still up???

or the Denial Zone is the total and complete $h!t hole that we Hawks fans claim it is, and as usual you’re full of fecal matter!

#2 Crapollo is the Kraepper 2.0 minus the speed and the arm.

1) I don't lie. Wanna call me a liar? Prove me wrong. Till then, go ____ yourself.

PS, not my job to monitor every Niner fan on every corner of the internet, particularly one I don't even frequent, just as it isn't yours to monitor every Seahawk fan...which is why I explicitly said so in my post that I held no poster here responsible.
You DO frequent that site though. If you didnt, why are posters coming here and asking you to post there? So that’s another lie from you.

You were the one painting yourself and your fanbase with a “saintly brush” when they damage their own statue of their own legends making one of the greatest plays in NFL history, and then wishing a rival’s team plane crashes. Such a classy bunch.

You didn’t condone the Marshall plane crash comment, over there, So one can assume you had no problems with it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":htbv5ek7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":htbv5ek7 said:
9ers appear to be in injury hell right now. I would say with AZ playing better they had better bring their A game, but after this Mondays game, I don't think they have that fortitude this year to overcome the player loss and that game loss.

KS let it slip to Cardinals media that Staley was out. He tried to walk it back but I'd be surprised if he plays.

That said, their injuries are mostly on offense as seen here: https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/11/13 ... -two-weeks. But as we saw, the D had its biggest struggles (before us) with them. It could come down to whether Sanders can go. While Samuels is coachable, that's not gonna happen in a week. Bourne/Pettis/esp Goodwin I think have hit their ceilings, and they're fairly low.

?

I think yer a bit off on that one.

He let it slip that KITTLE wouldn't play and then walked it back. We already know that Staley is out because he had surgery on his finger.

As for the WRs....I'd say your assessment isn't far off.

Samuel has a future...but he plays like a rookie.

Bourne.....ugg.
Pettis.....MAD potential, just isn't living up to it. Shanahan loves the kid, but he just isn't taking the strides he needs to. Pretty regularly isn't where he's supposed to be and doesn't fight back to the ball.
Goodwin.....love the guy personally, but he'll always be a track star playing WR.

The guy I'm really hoping to see here soon is Jalen Hurd. Hoping he might be able to come off IR. He's a rookie too so not someone I would depend on, but he's something they simply don't have right now....6'4" 230-240 and great after the catch.

Thanks for the information Marvin. I for one appreciate it a lot. It gives us something to think about in the coming few weeks to watch out for. Really do appreciate it.

SF80

chris98251

Reaction score
Sanders has rib injuries, he may be able to get taped up and wear a vest and play but one good hit could sideline him and he will be playing to protect them which means shorter arms and not the physical play I have seen him exhibit prior to the game.

Shanahan could use him as a decoy if nothing else if he can run well.

Latest posts