Seahawks become final team to put player on COVID-19 list

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Crap. Well it was probably going to happen. This player's on IR and hopefully there was little contact between him and other players.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's pretty remarkable that the Seahawks were the last out of 32 teams to have to place someone in the COVID protocol. Further evidence of the class and elite franchise/organization that we have here.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This is especially noteworthy because of Seattle's position as a key hot-spot to begin the virus and recent outbreaks. The FO is doing something right as far as their precautions are concerned.

Mone? I wonder if his off-the-field activities got a bit "social"...

balakoth

Reaction score
I mean maybe people should stop using "outbreaks" as our testing procedures get better and start using deaths.

Especially in our state... just saying.

Just curious how many NFL players who have contracted COVID (via positive test) and play less than 14 days later have faired? How many have died so far?

Sure this will get edited.. but who gaf anymore.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
balakoth":38wxd5bn said:
I mean maybe people should stop using "outbreaks" as our testing procedures get better and start using deaths.

Especially in our state... just saying.

Just curious how many NFL players who have contracted COVID (via positive test) and play less than 14 days later have faired? How many have died so far?

Sure this will get edited.. but who gaf anymore.

No, you're absolutely correct. There should be a lot of discussion about healthy people vs. the disease. But fear is a powerful motivator, and communities will react with extreme positions sometimes.

I'd rather the team take precautions in order to keep playing, while knowing the actual disease isn't a significant, or maybe even minor, threat to the players.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
It's awesome to see the Hawks protocol keeping our guys safe.

It's about the long term health of these humans in my opinion.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
While it’s true that no Pro players have died Many have had family suffer serious illness and yes death. Karl Anthony Towns has lost 7 family members. Kind of embarrassing that for some nothing short of death is taken as evidence this pandemic is a serious problem that is getting worse. When the professionals and elites start to die it will be too late...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Admittedly several NFL players including Mone have one of the biggest risk factors in this disease: Obesity. So I think it's appropriate to tread cautiously.

Many other sports likely need less caution where everyone is normal body weight.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
NFL players are elite athletes. They need all their systems running at peak to maintain their level of strength, speed, etc.

Imagine DK Metcalf comes down with Covid. He recovers, but has suffered some permanent lung damage. He can't train the way he used to or run as fast as he used to and when he does run he gets winded easily and can't sustain speed. He'd be broken - not the player he used to be.

Is that good for Metcalf? The Seahawks? The NFL?

It would be great for the lawyers who work on the settlement with the NFL, because I imagine it would be around $100 million.

So no, they won't be looking at Covid in terms of death, they will be looking at it in terms of potential liability, and erring on the side of caution.

I should also mention that one of the common effects of Covid is blood clotting, which could cause a stroke, particularly when combined with long-haul flights which are common for NFL players.

Latest posts