Seahawks Gifs

bigtrain21

Reaction score
So during the season I like to make gifs of plays which stand out to me. I posted one below and while it is a relatively large gif most people have high speed internet and can handle the filesize. I use a host called minus to host the gifs

ibsbxLL0wZl8fo.gif

What are your experiences with this gif. When I played it for the first time it took about 2 minutes to load every frame and then played perfectly how I intended it to play. That is unacceptable to me but I was thinking it might just be the computer that I am on. What happened when you watched it. Anyway I am just looking for feedback because I might need to find a new host for the gifs.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
tokk forever to load on my dell 6410, on a realtively fast internet connection

drdiags

Reaction score
Loaded quickly for me and plays like a normal telecast.

Windows 8 Intel i7 Core 920 @ 2.67Ghz 8GB Ram.

zerohero65

Reaction score
I'm on my iPad, centurylink Internet (but no one in our neighborhood has it, so its usually fast). Took a while to load.

Cartire

Reaction score
Took longer to load on my iPad. But the quality for a gif is superb.

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Okay so it seems like the host isn't the problem. It might depend on other factors. Looks like I can still use minus images.

kearly

Reaction score
It loaded instantly for me, and that's rare. Usually gives have one very slow run through before going normal speed, but this one didn't.

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Interesting because it is a 22 mb file which is fairly large for a gif.

zerohero65

Reaction score
Reminds me of Mr. Peanut or the Penguine (animated series, not danny devito). Oh you mean the load time? Worked fine for me.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
took about 10-15 seconds to load for me but that's because I'm on wireless and pretty far from our router.

a GIF is just a series of pictures, so depending on the FPS the gif is saved out as, say it's an average of 15 FPS, that's 15 images your computer has to load up. Granted, gifs are heavily compressed, but it's not unusual for them to take a while to load up. once they are cached then they should play smoothly.

in other words it's not unusual for them to take a while loading up, if they are taking too long for you then either change the pixel dimensions or the compression.

Latest posts