Seahawks Gifs

falcongoggles

Reaction score
It did not load on my Italian iPhone working with a broke ass Internet connection in Bavaria, Germany hotel lobby. That is to be expected i suppose.

The Radish

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1gxp66mc said:
What about this one?

161005448550e8fbe9c3cb3.gif

Well this one is over 2 million bytes as opposed to the site limit of 250,000. Has anyone considered that?

chawx

Reaction score
The Radish":34v6lesv said:
ChrisB Bacon":34v6lesv said:
What about this one?

Well this one is over 2 million bytes as opposed to the site limit of 250,000. Has anyone considered that?

2 million bytes! That's like 300 floppy disks worth of info!!

Speaking of that, I'm still planning on uploading my gif of a random play last year, I'm on disk 506 of 1009, ... <Please insert disc 507 into Drive A:> ... oh, excuse me one second. Carry on.

The Radish

Reaction score
chawx":3vq8hi8b said:
The Radish":3vq8hi8b said:
ChrisB Bacon":3vq8hi8b said:
What about this one?

2 million bytes! That's like 300 floppy disks worth of info!!

Speaking of that, I'm still planning on uploading my gif of a random play last year, I'm on disk 506 of 1009, ... <Please insert disc 507 into Drive A:> ... oh, excuse me one second. Carry on.

Give a smart assed answer all you like but if you right click on that screen and then properties it clearly show bytes and pixels. The 2 aren't mutual exclusive.

The rule is clear,,,max 250,000 bytes

OP
OP
bigtrain21

bigtrain21

Reaction score
250,000 bytes or 244kb's is an awfully small image. None of the gifs I make will meet this requirement. Where is this rule written? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Cartire

Reaction score
The Radish":j6tw3x5g said:
Give a smart assed answer all you like but if you right click on that screen and then properties it clearly show bytes and pixels. The 2 aren't mutual exclusive.

Isnt that just for avatars and signatures Radish?

These images arent being hosted on .net, so it shouldnt matter the size.

The Radish

Reaction score
Cartire":2rsh4u6i said:
The Radish":2rsh4u6i said:

Isnt that just for avatars and signatures Radish?

These images arent being hosted on .net, so it shouldnt matter the size.

I think CT is right about the original rule being for avatars & sig-pics. But as more and more people work on posting those wonderful quality pictures the site could be affected. The problem as its explained to me is when you get a string with several of these pictures, or quotes of same it slows the page loading ability no matter where/whom is hosting.

Now you all know I've been wrong before but that's how I recall Anguish explaining it to me.

I would suggest sending a PM to Anguish, he's the site commander for this type of thing.

:les:

JesterHawk

Reaction score
The browser has to download everything in a thread, so a large amount of pictures will take a long time to load. It can be a huge problem in avatar / signatures if everyone has a relatively large image associated with it, but inserting a single picture or gif (especially if it's the topic of the thread) shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure how quoting an image works, if it references the original (within the thread) or if it downloads separately, but I always try to remove the images when I quote somebody if the original image is still on the same page of the thread.

Regardless, with modern internet speeds increasing it's probably not nearly the problem it used to be. The issue is avatars / signature files are hosted by Seahawks.net so it uses Mark's upload bandwidth to load those images. Externally hosted images / gifs / vidoes (youtube) shouldn't affect .NET's upload capacity (I think). So the large files that bigtrain has are hosted elsewhere and shouldn't be an issue. There is potential for a slow-loading thread, but it won't affect the rest of the site. Massive signature / avatars would drag down performance for the entire site.