Seahawks Greatest Games of All Time

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I began my fan hood in 1980 so I've attended / seen many games.

Some of mine are ...

83' Divisional Playoff vs Miami
(huge upset, Marino snubbed)
05' Divisional Playoff vs Washington (first playoff win in a long time, IRRC)
05' Conference Title vs Carolina (led to the SB)
10' Wildcard vs New Orleans (Beast-Quake shocked the world)
12' Regular Season Home Game vs San Fransisco (Prime Time Sodomy)

However, the ones from back in the day (when I was a kid) I don't remember alot of ... so maybe some of my long time Seahawk fan brethren can help me out here.

I hoping to get some feedback about old school games especially. I have found a 'source' for some old / new game footage and I'm looking for some retrospective on which games might be gold for the collection I'd like start building.

GO HAWKS !

forgive me mods if I'm doubling up here, I wana say we've discussed this before but I couldn't find a thread ...

camdawg

Reaction score
Some games you just gotta see if you have the chance:

1979 MNF at Atlanta -- the first Seahawks MNF game. And what a show we put on! One of the greatest fake field goal plays ever. Soon followed up by an onsides kick. And a fake punt pass that only didn't work due to the yardage to go being too long.

1983 vs. Kansas City (home) -- One of the first Krieg starts, I think. A crucial game to stay in the playoff hunt. 51-48 overtime craziness.

1984 playoffs vs. the Raiders -- Old school, nasty slugfest of a game. See why Dan Doornink will always be a Seahawks folk hero

1986 home vs. Giants and Raiders -- Giants get their second, and final, loss in the Kingdome on the way to the Super Bowl. The Raider game was a very fun 37-0 MNF blowout during that last third of the season when we were unstoppable. Heck, the Thanksgiving thumping of Dallas was a lot of fun too.

1988 last two weeks -- the SNF home blowout vs. the Broncos (Largent crushes Harden!), and the dramatic win at the Raiders to give us the division title.

1990 at Chiefs -- DT can't quite get sack number 8

1992 MNF vs. Broncos -- the horrible 92 Hawks had to work SO HARD to win this game...the second and last win of the year. If you do get a copy, the first half will probably be very boring. Stouffer was horrible. We replaced him with Stan Gelbaugh, who got hot late in the game, and found Brian Blades on the last play of regulation to send the game into OT.

1995 at Denver -- The first half was godawful...Mirer terrible, Elway on fire. Broncos get the ball to start the second half and Elway takes em down right near our goalline. He's ready to end the game, until Robert Blackmon comes on a blind side blitz and just kills him. One of our DE's (Antonio Cochran maybe?) picks it up and runs it back all the way for a TD. We stop Denver again, and then John Friesz comes in for Mirer. And we have a ballgame!

That should be a pretty good start. :)

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Not sure if these qualify. I love that old Broncos game - a night game in late 80s (or early 90s?) with Largent's huge hit on Harden...might be one of my favorites just for that reason. But I also remember a great Monday night game and the shutout of Philly with a fired up Tatupu and company. Maybe a couple of

And wasn't there a Dallas game that involved Tony Romo sitting on the 5 yard line with his head in his hands..?

I love memory lane, so interested to read what others come up with.

(have I mentioned I'm excited about training camp starting and this year!)

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
lol...even better. I stand corrected (unlike Romo who is sitting corrected...and crying)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2s67e421 said:
Romo was crying on about the 2 yard line.
A969 D0D92277D64A 175 000000074D761F4F zps837d2cbc
But who's counting! ;)
"yesssssssss, yesssssss, oh let me taste your tears, mmm your tears are so yummy and sweet, oh the tears of unfathomable sadness, yummyyyy" :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
My favorite for a long time was the 95 game in Denver. That was one of those ones that you sort of gave up on, but still watched like a train wreck. The Hawks were getting killed and Elway got NAILED by a safety which created a long fumble return. The Broncos had a BUNCH of return yards from Milburn and it looked like things would fall apart. But the biggest thing about that game was that it ended the Mirer era.

Friesz came in and lit it up, Warren did too and the team all of a sudden had an offense. It marked a late run that started a little offensive era from Friesz to Moon.

Being at the Romobobble knocked it down a notch though. I still believe that brief few seconds was the loudest in Qwest.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Wild Card win against the Redskins in 2013. How we came from behind in a hostile environment to win.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":24xv8yjb said:
Being at the Romobobble knocked it down a notch though. I still believe that brief few seconds was the loudest in Qwest.

[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

Crizilla

Reaction score
Last season @atlanta in the playoffs

they don't have to be wins, homers.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
You know, when you really think about it, that 06 Cowboys game had SO many components that made it epic.

First being the amazing play where Jennings stripped the ball from Glenn and Lofa nearly scored on what was a safety. Instead of 7 points and giving the Cowboys possession, the Hawks turn it into 9 points and a lead.

Then the Tatupu stop of Witten. Now it was CLEARLY short, even from the stands, so getting the reversal to force the FG was monstrous anyways because it gave the Hawks time to get a FG, which I am convinced they would have done.

That kick, if not bobbled, looked like it was going to be blocked anyways, then for Babs to get the Tackle on Romo was another huge piece.

Then... sitting at the South end, I see SA bust through the line for a big run to get some space. He would have broke it if he didn't hurt his foot.

THEN, the kick...for some reason, the officials mark that punt FAR ahead of where it went out and put Dallas into a place for one last Hail Mary against a ragtag group of DBs.

Wow... we were all brothers that night. The whole way out, people were hugging and high fiving complete strangers. I got back to the park and ride from the Sounder and people were STILL screaming SEAHAWKS.

To me, it was more exciting than the NFCC game, in which I was more in awe of what happened and everything was surreal.

warden

Reaction score
83 playoff game First Playoff game
84 road trip to Denver reg season The 10 and 2 Hawks go on the road and take on the 11 and 1 Broncos and win
05 home game against the Giants. 12 false starts
05 NFC Championship game
10 Wild card game BEAST Quake
12 Patriots game, win after being down 143 points in the 4th quarter
12 Bears game, that 97 yard go ahead TD drive with less then a minute remaining followed by a long OT drive
12 Redskin game first playoff road win in over 25 years

zerohero65

Reaction score
Didn't fall in love with the Seahawks til '04, so Romo's botched snap and the Beast Quake are at the top of my list.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Can't remember the year, but the game vs the Chiefs in Arrowhead where we hadn't won in forever. Last-minute (last play of the game, maybe?) TD from Krieg to Skansi for the spectacular win. Man that was electrifying!

pmedic920

Reaction score
bobincovington said:
Not sure if these qualify. I love that old Broncos game - a night game in late 80s (or early 90s?) with Largent's huge hit on Harden...might be one of my favorites just for that reason Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct ... ata_player

The hit Largent put on Harden was incredible. Seeing what led up to it makes it even better. Hope the link works did it from my phone.

nwgamer

Reaction score
pmedic920":1gte2ntc said:
bobincovington":1gte2ntc said:
Not sure if these qualify. I love that old Broncos game - a night game in late 80s (or early 90s?) with Largent's huge hit on Harden...might be one of my favorites just for that reason Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct ... ata_player

The hit Largent put on Harden was incredible. Seeing what led up to it makes it even better. Hope the link works did it from my phone.

I had to watch several times! I couldn't help it. :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
GeekHawk":i48kju4u said:
Can't remember the year, but the game vs the Chiefs in Arrowhead where we hadn't won in forever. Last-minute (last play of the game, maybe?) TD from Krieg to Skansi for the spectacular win. Man that was electrifying!
IIRC, that throw from Krieg just beat out the 8th sack in the game by about half a step. :)

Latest posts