Seahawks have scored more points than the Saints this year.

Geaux

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3noueilr said:
Number of team/fan chants stolen from the Cincinnati Bengals?

Saints : 1

Seahawks : 0
Number of traditions stolen from Texas A&M:

Saints: 0

Seahawks: 1

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Geaux":j0ou8rsq said:
Navyhawkfan187":j0ou8rsq said:

Give me a break what's next? We won 5 Superbowls 20 years ago? Oops, you only won 1? I apologize for comparing you to a 49er fan that was a bit low.:)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Geaux":1ovlolhs said:
Navyhawkfan187":1ovlolhs said:

Fact is, Seattle retired #12 before Tex-ass managed to copyright it later. Who stole what, slick?

jafo

Reaction score
I know the saints had who dat before Cincy.........that's for darn sure.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Geaux":2vuujj1u said:
Navyhawkfan187":2vuujj1u said:

All Saints fan can't be this stupid can they???? Outside of a few exceptions I'm starting to believe it. Hey saints fans, don't make me HATE your team, I have no problems with your team or the fanbase until the last few days. Don't turn into niner, cowboy, or pissburglike trolls, it's really unbecoming!

dunceface

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fkfigipb said:
volsunghawk":fkfigipb said:
hawker84":fkfigipb said:
Know who's got a better MNF record than the Saints?
The Seahawks.

Ya know i thought this, but after reading all the hype about the Saints MNF run i started to question myself. it is true the seahawks have the best MNF record correct?

We don't have the most wins (because we don't have nearly the number of appearances as some other teams), but we've got the best winning percentage, easy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Nig ... _standings

Even with less appearances we already have more MNF wins than the Saints.

Stats are fun

Before our last Monday night game against the Rams we were at a solid 69%
and after we bumped ourselves up to a nice round 70%

here's to keeping our MNF success rate up glaven
Frink1

Steve2222

Reaction score
saints2k8":1snyg162 said:
Decimation":1snyg162 said:
saints2k8":1snyg162 said:
gonna be a great game

23-20 Saints
We don't lose at home.

we don't lose on MNF. or after byes/Thursday games (recently)

something's gotta give :D

Neither do we. Youre, right, something's gotta give. I'll go with the home team. If this game was at the Superdome, I'd be taking your Aints.

bradael

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jg0yjh4 said:
Dude, our offense has barely been behind yours in scoring points, but without our #1 WR, and missing both tackles, almost the whole year. Think about it. :)

Seattle has scored more points overall, but that tells you how good the team is. Points don't just come from offense. The Saints' D hasn't scored yet this year, and the special teams has had just one good return (82 yard kick return vs the 49ers). Seattle averages twice the punt return yardage that the Saints do. And the Saints have two muffed punts inside their own 15 yardline (Dallas & San Fran).

Seattle is the better scoring team to this point, but it doesn't make the offense better if you're just comparing that side of the ball. The Saints have been top 5 in yards per game every year since 2006 except once (ranked 6th in 2010) and have been top 5 in points per game every year but twice (12th in 2007, 11th in 2010). Although it's still a joke that Graham is the only skill position player to get elected to the pro bowl over that period.

And regarding injuries. All teams have injuries. The Saints' best OL, Jahri Evans, has missed several games and has played most of the season on one leg. Both he and Grubbs shouldn't even have played the first couple games of the season, which is why the OL was so bad the first month of the year. Darren Sproles, Marques Colston, and Lance Moore have all missed games to injuries while Graham has been playing with plantar fasciitis since New England. This is the first week he hasn't missed any practice time since then.

This also doesn't take into consideration that the defense has 6 starters on IR, yet somehow is still ranked 5th in both yards and points.

SeaTown81":2jg0yjh4 said:
And to yet another Saints fan scoffing at us being confident about our 10-1 winning at home, give me a flipping break. You'd be the EXACT same if the game were in NO and y'all were 10-1 and we were 9-2. So save it. You're outside of Saints world. Learn that such places exist. Get over yourselves.

Geaux Hawks.

Some Saints fans, but not most. Most Saints fans know the team isn't anywhere close to unbeatable at home. And most Saints fans know that the team has the best road record in the league since 2009. Shoot, they had a better road record than home record during their Super Bowl run. Their only road loss that year was the game Brees didn't play (final game of the year vs Carolina). It's really just a myth that the team isn't good on the road. Every team is better at home, but it's not this drastic difference for the Saints... or even Seattle for that matter.

When it all comes down to it, I'm not even sure this game is that important for either team. Getting the bye is important, and Seattle has pretty much already wrapped that up. The Saints just need to take care of Carolina to wrap theirs up.

But 4 of 6 #1 seeds haven't won a single playoff game the last three years. None have won the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, all 6 #2 seeds have at least gone to the respective championship games. And look at this year's wild card teams. I think we may have our strongest argument yet for restructuring the playoffs after this year. Win the division, make the playoffs. That's fine. But it shouldn't guarantee a home game. As things currently stand in the NFC... the Panthers & 49ers would be wild card teams. The Lions and Cowboys would host them. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Same for KC being a wild card team in the AFC.

Chances are, one of the 49ers/Panthers would win. One of the Lions/Cowboys would win because of the home factor. Now you're looking at 49ers/Panthers @ #1 seed. Lions/Cowboys @ #2 seed. One is an easier road to the championship game. I'm not saying either team (Seattle/New Orleans) should try to get #2 seed over #1. You want home field. I'm just saying I don't think it's as important as many seem to make it out to be with the way the playoffs are currently structured.

A

Anonymous

saints2k8":29evur0d said:
gonna be a great game

23-20

Curious: what scores make up the 23 points in your prediction?

3 TD's with extra P's and a safety? One missed extra P and a field goal? 2 TD's with extra P's and three FG's?

Saints might get 1 wide-open bomb in for a TD, but that's about it, the rest (if any) points they score will be field goals. I say they'll score either 10 or 13 but no more.

Hawks, on the other hand, will score 21 in TD's and maybe a FG or 3.

24-13 Hawks

Shaz

Reaction score
Geaux":2mh338j6 said:
Navyhawkfan187":2mh338j6 said:

That "Tradition" was made by Iowa, not A&M, and Iowa could care less

Know your history