Seahawks Offseason Trade Wishlist

getnasty

Reaction score
Rule":2er8w7h7 said:
have some fun with this, what trade(s) do you want to see happen this offseason? try to be realistic lol

Evan Engram for Will Dissly ( + Deejay or Homer if they won’t straight up )

To bad Dissly, Deejay and Homer have zero tradecl value.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I previously called for Wagner to be on the trading block months ago and I took my share of angry posters who said I was more than crazy.

How did this season go for Wagner? Individually, his play does not warrant paying him all that money.

If anything, this last season showed you need to invest in some defensive lineman as they are more critical to playing great defense than the linebackers were this year.

I am willing to part ways with both Wagner and Wright.

I said so previously if you can get a second and third for Wagner (going to be difficult) you do so!

This front four made an impact when Dunlap came to this team and you need to continue to shore up and add further ammunition to this defensive front four.

Wagner is not the same 25 year old Wagner anymore and you can plug and play some younger players in this position and add pieces to the front four. A pass rush is very necessary.

Wagner’s contract doesn’t help this team. Additional defensive lineman in the front four will.

If the window is still open you should move Wagner and try to add 2-3 more quality players in substitute of paying Wagner.

Brooks can play, it’s time to let him play more snaps to see how he really is. He’s young and hungry and has the extra step Wagner has lost and does not cost as much. Who knows, Brooks may be even better than Wagner in pass coverage.

I’m all for moving Wagner to add additional draft capital to this team which it is definitely lacking.

It’s time to get younger and beef up this defensive line with as many pass rushers as possible!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Blades89":20wgjrgn said:
It’s a good thing you people are message board posters rather than GMs. Goodness. Lol
More than half of the GMs in the league are pretty gawd awful themselves.

There would some posters here that I would very much be interested to see how they would run a team.

Hell, they couldn’t do any worse those actual GMs could.

Chawker

Reaction score
I believe that they need to be care evaluating our free agents and not try to over spend on any one player. Resign Mayowa, Moore.

Ask all player for a 3% cap relief across the board for the 2021 season.

Trade Bobby Wagner, I'd like to see what BBK could do in the middle for a season. In a fair market I think he should be worth 2 second round selection, if we can't geta 2 and a third then we'll just have to endure the cost.

Draft needs:CB, OG, OLB, OC, NT,FB :les:

Forthewin

Reaction score
Russ does not suck, nor should he be traded. The OL gives him ZERO time. Commit to proven OL or high draft picks. Trade Bwags to get it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks2022":8w67a2c8 said:
Russ does not suck, nor should he be traded. The OL gives him ZERO time. Commit to proven OL or high draft picks. Trade Bwags to get it.

They're not really that bad. Russ holds the ball for a significantly above-average amount of time. Scheme'll do more to fix the OL than talent, imo.

If you're trading Wagner for picks, though, there really isn't much guarantee that you'll get any bona fide OL talent from it. It's a risky proposition to trade the best defender on the team.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1z8lbonn said:
Hawks2022":1z8lbonn said:

They're not really that bad. Russ holds the ball for a significantly above-average amount of time. Scheme'll do more to fix the OL than talent, imo.

If you're trading Wagner for picks, though, there really isn't much guarantee that you'll get any bona fide OL talent from it. It's a risky proposition to trade the best defender on the team.

According to ESPN, the Hawks OL ranks 23rd and loses 60% of the pass/run battles. And concerning Wagner...its like an old truck...sell it before its broken. We got our moneys worth...its time to move him along.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/299 ... e-rankings

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3lvpnkzl said:
Maelstrom787":3lvpnkzl said:
Hawks2022":3lvpnkzl said:

According to ESPN, the Hawks OL ranks 23rd and loses 60% of the pass/run battles. And concerning Wagner...its like an old truck...sell it before its broken. We got our moneys worth...its time to move him along.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/299 ... e-rankings

Wrong. You're looking at Pass Rush Win Rate.

Their Pass Block Win Rate sits at 62%, good for 9th best in the league. Rush Block Win Rate is dead average at 70%, 16th in the league.

Also, Wagner played fairly well last season, and you're still almost certainly not going to replace Wagner's production with non-first round picks or the salary relief created. Not a prudent move for a contending team.

Forthewin

Reaction score
You are right, I was looking at the wrong info. The OL still sucks. No 1000 yard rusher for the first time in forever (I get the injury issues) and Russ was sacked constantly! I get the idea that the Hawks have screwed up in the draft before with OL, but that does not mean we should give up!

Lol I love the Hawks but the last thing this team is right now is a contender. Pretenders maybe.

Outside of WR Moore, I don't want to get rid of anybody, but Wagner is expendable because of the awesome play by the other LBs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks2022":2u3mqho9 said:
You are right, I was looking at the wrong info. The OL still sucks. No 1000 yard rusher for the first time in forever (I get the injury issues) and Russ was sacked constantly! I get the idea that the Hawks have screwed up in the draft before with OL, but that does not mean we should give up!

Lol I love the Hawks but the last thing this team is right now is a contender. Pretenders maybe.

Outside of WR Moore, I don't want to get rid of nobody, buts Wagner is expendable because of the awesome play by the other LBs.

The offensive line would've looked like a winning line had the ball been consistently thrown in a reasonable amount of time, though. They're clearly winning their blocks, but their performance dipped during the total-offense-collapse late season.

As far as the 1000 yard rusher thing, of course they didn't have a 1000 yard rusher. Carson took less than 150 carries. He would've had to have averaged an insane 7.1 yards per rush to reach that mark. Carson did average a healthy 4.8 yards per carry, though, and his backup Hyde averaged 4.4. It wasn't an ineffective rushing attack, it just wasn't used as often and the snaps were heavily split, with no back taking enough snaps to realistically get close to 1000 yards.

In regards to improving the offensive line, of course they need to acquire some new players there. There are holes to fill and a new offensive coaching staff coming in - they'll have to adjust. I'm just saying that it can't come at the expense of their best defender in Wagner, who hasn't shown signs of regressing below top-10 MLB level. He may still be a top 5 Mike in the league. As much as I love Brooks, he's excelling in his role as an outside linebacker in run defense, no reason to rush him to Mike... and KJ is older than Bobby, so he hasn't got long left either.

If this were a middling team that wasn't fighting for postseason success yearly, I'd agree that we should sell on Wags while able - but for a team that realistically has a shot at contending, it just ain't worth it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I suspect we aren't trading for anything more than draft picks this year.

We are up against it for the cap as is every other team. So no one wants our overpaid players. And no one wants to give up draft capital when cheap labor will be at a premium.

This is going to be the year where we look to grab some cap casualties in the free agent market at bargain prices. We hopefully also can re-sign a few guys at below market value if they can't get a great deal elsewhere. And great deals will be hard with a low cap number.