Seahawks open as slight favorite over Chargers

hawknation2018

Reaction score
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/la ... e/11-04-18

Very early money seems to be moving toward the Chargers.

FiveThirtyEight’s computer model gives the Seahawks a 61% chance to win the game. They rank the Seahawks 8th in the NFL and the Chargers 9th:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

Meanwhile, Adam Schefter wrote a report (citing anonymous sources) that Joey Bosa will not be “anywhere near ready” to play in the game:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2510 ... t-progress

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally I am not all that worried about the Chargers at home. Why should I be?

They are a team that never does crap in the playoffs, and most often falls short of the playoffs. So big whoopdie-doo...Philip Rivers, a good QB is suddenly our kryptonite in Seattle? Come on.

Now if this was us facing them in 115 degree heat in their house a couple years ago? Yeah, ouch.

No. This is him, Old Man Rivers, in OUR house, in a cool climate, with a RABID fanbase of 70,000 12's making his life miserable fresh off of the passing of our beloved Paul Allen.

Do any of you really think this game is in doubt?

poly1274

Reaction score
Aros":3k0dt9y1 said:
Personally I am not all that worried about the Chargers at home. Why should I be?

They are a team that never does crap in the playoffs, and most often falls short of the playoffs. So big whoopdie-doo...Philip Rivers, a good QB is suddenly our kryptonite in Seattle? Come on.

Now if this was us facing them in 115 degree heat in their house a couple years ago? Yeah, ouch.

No. This is him, Old Man Rivers, in OUR house, in a cool climate, with a RABID fanbase of 70,000 12's making his life miserable fresh off of the passing of our beloved Paul Allen.

Do any of you really think this game is in doubt?

Chargers can actually run the ball and have a decent D.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a good game. Hawks are on a roll, 7 to 10 point win imo.
The way we are pounding the rock, eating up clock and keeping that D fresh..........hard to beat right now.

original poster

Reaction score
This game will cement any Seahawk doubters as legitimate playoff contenders.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, seems a bit close. I like our chances.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Rivers has always been difficult on the Seahawks but I can't remember playing LA/SD anywhere but LA/SD. Part of Rivers main skill set, like any of the veterans is to audible the play. He won't have the luxury in CLINK. I expect them to move the ball but I don't think it will be as easy as playing in SD was for him.

Zeearend

Reaction score
I have been to the Chargers game in London and wasn't very impressed by them. Especially against the run. Titans run all day against them. If they didn't had that interception before half time or the missed field goal Titans would have won.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rivers is having a career season right now.

I like our chances, but this isn't a cakewalk.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I feel the secret to beating the chargers for us is taking care of TE Gates. Rivers is a slippery sob and moves in the pocket well when we get pressure on him. He always seems to find Gates for big gains against us in the past and that is where we must have a good plan to cover.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
River's has been a nightmare for us, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the defense responds to the challenge.

Everyone's talking about the Chiefs and Patriots in the AFC, and rightly so............but the Charger's are sneakily one of the most balanced and dangerous teams in the league.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
poly1274":gpahlp1l said:

So? Not worried. Nothing personal. ;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3ndiv206 said:
poly1274":3ndiv206 said:

I'm worried every game....optimistic, but worried. It's just in my nature as a Seahawks fan

SeatownJay

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3as7so5w said:
I feel the secret to beating the chargers for us is taking care of TE Gates. Rivers is a slippery sob and moves in the pocket well when we get pressure on him. He always seems to find Gates for big gains against us in the past and that is where we must have a good plan to cover.
I'm not that worried about Gates. He's a shadow of his younger self, averaging less than 2 receptions per game this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":223r8q8w said:
Aros":223r8q8w said:
poly1274":223r8q8w said:

I'm worried every game....optimistic, but worried. It's just in my nature as a Seahawks fan

We need to get over that old friend. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":3hffmem8 said:
Aros":3hffmem8 said:
poly1274":3hffmem8 said:

That's kinda the beauty of this year, I had pretty low expectations.............so seeing us play this well has let to almost zero anxiety watching the games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a really good point. I felt very relaxed yesterday. The 21 points in the 2nd quarter helped, but just overall. I never felt like they were gonna lose that game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This will be a tough game. Chargers are a very good team. The good news is the Hawks are set up to follow the same game plan that Tennesse used to move the ball on the Chargers, strong running game, mobile QB. Hawk receivers are better at hanging onto the ball than the Titans imo. That really cost them in London.

Was the last Charger visit in 2010? I made the trip for that one. I think the Chargers lead total yardage something like 500 to 200, but Leon Washington returned 2 kicks for TDs leading to a close win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3h4xjc81 said:
kidhawk":3h4xjc81 said:
poly1274":3h4xjc81 said:

We need to get over that old friend. ;)

I would love to, but I think it's too deeply ingrained into my psyche.

Sgt. Largent":3h4xjc81 said:
kidhawk":3h4xjc81 said:
poly1274":3h4xjc81 said:

That's kinda the beauty of this year, I had pretty low expectations.............so seeing us play this well has let to almost zero anxiety watching the games.

Agreed, I did come in with lower expectations which lets me enjoy the wins more and not get as upset over the losses (up to this point of the season at least), but I still go into each game hopeful for a win, but worried that we will lose. It's just my nature I suppose.