Seahawks sign jaylon smith to practice squad... ugh

Kaznpak

Reaction score
I guess Jaylon Smith 6'3 220 is just for practice squad. I have been waiting and hoping for us to bring up Jazz Ferguson. 6'5 220 and runs 4.4-4.5 40. Had a great preseason too. Would be a great downfield and red zone target with his height and catch radius. I'm really hoping we bring him up from practice squad. Dont really like Jaylon Smith TBH. He is a liability on the field. But so far hes just signed to practice squad.. so not on the 53 man roster. We need to push for Jazz to come up for Turner if he cant pass concussion protocol. We need size and speed option. Ursua is nice too but hes just another lockett IMO. Hes just too small to be on the field too much at the same time lockett is out there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Kaznpak":1kmkgp3g said:
Ursua is nice too but hes just another lockett IMO.

Wow, that just sounds horrible.

John63

Reaction score
Kaznpak":54dak3pi said:
I guess Jaylon Smith 6'3 220 is just for practice squad. I have been waiting and hoping for us to bring up Jazz Ferguson. 6'5 220 and runs 4.4-4.5 40. Had a great preseason too. Would be a great downfield and red zone target with his height and catch radius. I'm really hoping we bring him up from practice squad. Dont really like Jaylon Smith TBH. He is a liability on the field. But so far hes just signed to practice squad.. so not on the 53 man roster. We need to push for Jazz to come up for Turner if he cant pass concussion protocol. We need size and speed option. Ursua is nice too but hes just another lockett IMO. Hes just too small to be on the field too much at the same time lockett is out there.

Is jazz still on our practice squad?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Yxes1122":3bczgfis said:
Jazz Ferguson is playing for the XFL.

So is Kason Williams, but it's not like playing a few games with us is going to de-rail their budding XFL careers, LOL. Not sure how their contracts are structured but I wonder if there's a loophole in there to allow this...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3t2cfgqh said:
Yxes1122":3t2cfgqh said:
Jazz Ferguson is playing for the XFL.

So is Kason Williams, but it's not like playing a few games with us is going to de-rail their budding XFL careers, LOL. Not sure how their contracts are structured but I wonder if there's a loophole in there to allow this...

XFL signed QB Josh Johnson, and Detroit later wanted him back as their backup for the Thanksgiving game. The XFL refused, saying he was under contract.

Josh being a QB might have had financial incentive. But non-QBs make about 1/10th as much--a $27K/year base. If someone chose to walk, I doubt the XFL would go far in suing them to keep them in basically a minimum wage job.

Jville

Reaction score
Kaznpak":32nmph80 said:

This is an opportunity to point out the location of our ongoing roster tracking effort located here >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153536#p2263141[/urltargetblank]

I've always recognized that there are numerous factors regarding which receivers stick and which receivers move on that we fans simply aren't privy to.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with Jville.

Jazz and Metcalf played the same position and Ferguson was beat out by Metcalf. Besides the team is combing the castoffs to see if this player Smith has a genuine upside. he has measurable and better speed than Ferguson.